NBA Logo/Uniform Changes for 2009-10...

DustDevil61

Ok, so I emailed my brother and he confirmed the rumor is true. These were his words.....
They are resanding the court down and relacquering it as well. I am pretty sure they will put the new music note jazz symbol in the middle of the court as well to replace the old jazz symbol.

And for the record, I hope they use the original music note and not the crappy modified one they started using last year.

I agree. The original note is ten times better. Do you know if there will be new uniforms in the near future? Just curious.

It's funny you should ask because I heard from one of the guys in the front office that they were discussing the possibility of bringing in a new jersey but I never got confirmation if it was going to be used for the 2009-10 season. The nearby Jazz merchandise stores (Fanzz) claim there's going to be a new green jersey this year. With the new court this year, I would think bringing in an old retro jersey would make the most sense. I'll find out more in the upcoming weeks.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sent an email to the Rockets website, they confirmed a new alternate for upcoming season.

Good, they need one! :P

I would like to see the Jazz go back to using purple. That's what I'd like to see.

agreed...Purple Mountains' Majesty: that's Utah for ya.

I think purple got old to the locals. The baby blue has been a big hit around here!

Ok, so I emailed my brother and he confirmed the rumor is true. These were his words.....
They are resanding the court down and relacquering it as well. I am pretty sure they will put the new music note jazz symbol in the middle of the court as well to replace the old jazz symbol.

And for the record, I hope they use the original music note and not the crappy modified one they started using last year.

I agree. The original note is ten times better. Do you know if there will be new uniforms in the near future? Just curious.

It's funny you should ask because I heard from one of the guys in the front office that they were discussing the possibility of bringing in a new jersey but I never got confirmation if it was going to be used for the 2009-10 season. The nearby Jazz merchandise stores (Fanzz) claim there's going to be a new green jersey this year. With the new court this year, I would think bringing in an old retro jersey would make the most sense. I'll find out more in the upcoming weeks.

I wonder if the green jersey could possibly be the green jerseys from 1982. Maybe the Jazz are planning on a Hardwood Classic jersey? I noticed in the playoffs that alot of fans were wearing the green Dantley jerseys in the crowd.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I wonder if the green jersey could possibly be the green jerseys from 1982. Maybe the Jazz are planning on a Hardwood Classic jersey? I noticed in the playoffs that alot of fans were wearing the green Dantley jerseys in the crowd.

It's true, the green jersey merchandise has become the latest Jazz Fad here in SLC, but I don't know if that's going to play a part here. I'd love it if they had some Hardwood Classic green jerseys this year but something tells me that's not going to be the case. However, after you just mentioned that possibility, I'm sitting here thinking and hoping it does come true! :D

Couple things from reading this thread.

- The new Sixers set may not be the best option, but let's call it for what it is. Since they dumped these uniforms to begin with, they haven't had anything that looked decent, except for maybe the red alts from last year. We like 'em in Philly, at least :D

- The Brooklyn Knights thing. Mike Lupica wrote a novel about a female in the NBA a few years back, it was called Full Court Press, I think. Mostly all the NBA were used in the writing, but the book was based on a fictional team, the New York Knights. They shared the Garden with the Knicks. I doubt there is any type of connection, but it's there.

- This abbreviation thing on NBA jerseys just sucks. Badly. I see this Hawks alt for 2009, with ATL on it. You also have PHX, OKC, Phila (as of last year, at least). There were a few concept jerseys floating around for the Nets with BKLN on them, as well, if I remember right. This is really terrible. I worked at an airport. The codes are for baggage, not NBA uniforms. For Christ's sake, spend a few extra dollars and put your whole name on your jersey. If there were others.....

Chicago - ORD or MDW

Minneapolis - MSP

Washington - DCA or IAD

or my favorite

Toronto - YYZ

Yeah, I see the kids lining up for those already. :P

- The new Sixers set may not be the best option, but let's call it for what it is. Since they dumped these uniforms to begin with, they haven't had anything that looked decent, except for maybe the red alts from last year. We like 'em in Philly, at least :D

We haven't seen the new Sixers set yet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

- The Brooklyn Knights thing. Mike Lupica wrote a novel about a female in the NBA a few years back, it was called Full Court Press, I think. Mostly all the NBA were used in the writing, but the book was based on a fictional team, the New York Knights. They shared the Garden with the Knicks. I doubt there is any type of connection, but it's there.

- This abbreviation thing on NBA jerseys just sucks. Badly. I see this Hawks alt for 2009, with ATL on it. You also have PHX, OKC, Phila (as of last year, at least). There were a few concept jerseys floating around for the Nets with BKLN on them, as well, if I remember right. This is really terrible. I worked at an airport. The codes are for baggage, not NBA uniforms. For Christ's sake, spend a few extra dollars and put your whole name on your jersey. If there were others.....

Chicago - ORD or MDW

Minneapolis - MSP

Washington - DCA or IAD

or my favorite

Toronto - YYZ

Yan blame the Philadelphia Warriors for starting the Phila trend. :D

Chicago - ORD or MDW

Minneapolis - MSP

Washington - DCA or IAD

or my favorite

Toronto - YYZ

Hey, I hate this trend...but here are some ideas if other teams want to use it.

I don't like abbreviations either, but I'm not going to throw out suggestions for :censored: just so I can feign the proliferation of it so that I get to hate on it even more. Unless it's hockey. Then I'll hate like nobody's business.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Dare I say...green/light blue Utah Jazz in 2010-2011? That would look different. ^_^

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Dare I say...green/light blue Utah Jazz in 2010-2011? That would look different. ^_^

Eww, I sure hope not! If they're going back to a retro look, even for one uniform, it needs to be green with the accenting yellow.

so the bobcats should showcase the new unis during the tyson chandler press conference

Are you saying they will? Or just that they should? Because I have heard rumors about the Bobcats getting new jerseys all summer, but not ONE media source has even slightly hinted at such a thing. The team has never even hinted at it as far as I am aware. Does anybody actually know that they are getting new jerseys or was that just some rumor that grew and people believed it? Can anyone link me to a legitimate source? I just don't think it's going to happen.

Forest and columbia/ice blue would be an interesting color scheme (and new to boot!)...maybe forest, columbia/ice and purple?

[447]

And maybe some copper in there too. They should try that!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Their store doesn't have jerseys available and the NBA store has them on sale.

Normally that means new uniforms.

I agree, but there hasn't been anything about it. Plus Bob Johnson is trying desperately to sell the team so I don't know why he would care to do anything like that right now. The only thing I'm saying is that not one person can come up with any source at all that says the Bobcats are getting new jerseys this season. We will find out soon enough though.

Archived