NBA Logo/Uniform Changes for 2009-10...

DustDevil61

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
copy the Magic much? eh, its still better than the old ones

yes the font and and pin-striping look similar to the magic, but i think its more to evoke memories of the charlotte hornets pin-striping.

either way looks a a very nice jersey

copy the Magic much? eh, its still better than the old ones

yes the font and and pin-striping look similar to the magic, but i think its more to evoke memories of the charlotte hornets pin-striping.

either way looks a a very nice jersey

agreed, but yeah it looks nicer than the last unis. though i still would have liked an orange away uni instead of yet another navy uniform.

i also think it interesting that 2 NBA teams are using the Charlotte Hornets as inspiration for uniform design.

A few years back the league had totally eliminated pinstripes, now Adidas has brought back 3 teams with pinstripes.

The jersey looks fresh, I like how almost every NBA team now has their own collar, it looks unique.

orange away uni instead of yet another navy uniform

Where's confirmation on that? :)

m_456d3f1542764d8682626273fb690c08.jpg

m_f1ed677fc677420984b29260b7b8e62f.jpg

sneak peek of possible Bobcats home unis shown on the local sports news here

i found a better pic

Bobcatsuni.jpg

Thos look beautiful. I hope that's not black though. A Dark navy would be nice.

[Looks like the Titans number font almost.]

And the pinstripes are nice, I think the rest of the jersey differentiates them from the Hornets and/or Magic.

Nice job [so far...]

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

orange away uni instead of yet another navy uniform

Where's confirmation on that? :)

i assume its navy b/c of the color chart that surfaced a while ago listing blue before orange in the scheme (not to mention the prevalence of navy on their website)...and b/c of the ongoing trends in the L ;)

Well with Philly going back to their old logo, I would almost put money on other teams doing the same. I could just imagine Houston, Dallas, Utah,Sacramento, Golden State and New Jersey being that stupid.

You really don't get it do you? Using bold fonts, flashy colors and complicated logos are not classic. Do you think that the Yankees, Red Wings, Steelers, Lakers, etc. should update their logos to be cool and modern? Really? Let me guess, you probably think the Oklahoma City Thunder is a good name too.

http://deadspin.com/5334298/new-jersey-dis...fully-love-them

The Nets are dropping "New Jersey" from their road unis, much to the chagrin of New Jersey lawmakers. Also, the sportslogos.net rendering of the Nets' jersey made Deadspin.

Sweet, no linkback either

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

i assume its navy b/c of the color chart that surfaced a while ago listing blue before orange in the scheme (not to mention the prevalence of navy on their website)...and b/c of the ongoing trends in the L

I see, makes sense. I really hope they don't use navy, but you're probably right.

Here's a quick mock up of what seems to be the wordmark compared to the older one.

wordmarks3.png

And originally these were some concepts that the Bobcats had, so this new uniform is definetly much better.

options.png

I'm not sure if i'd call that an upgrade. Now they just threw out the uniqueness of their old uniform for an Orlando Magic/NO Hornets look alike. I never had a problem with the old uniform wordmarks either. I guess I'll reserve judgment until we see the entire thing, but I really did not see pinstripes coming. They're turning it into a fad again.

Bobcatsuni.jpg

I emailed Rick Bonnell, Bobcats beat writer at the Charlotte Observer to see if he had any more information, sent the picture above along with my email.

My email

"Rick,

Guessing with Ellington in a blank jersey, possibly a leak from the 2009 Rookie Photo shoot? Looks like it was shown on the local news (Im guessing Charlotte)"

He told me he had never seen that jersey and he would contact the Bobcats and let me know if he heard back, shortly after I received this email:

"That's just what happened. And the Bobcats are none too happy at some trading-card company for releasing that video about a month before they were unveiling these things."

Looks like the official unveiling will be sometime in September. As a Bobcats fan, even though I liked the old set, I think its an upgrade. I hate that we are moving away from orange to be just another navy team, but that is a sharp looking set IMO.

To me from what I can see that Bobcats uni is a massive upgrade IMO. Yes it's a bit cliche with the pinstripes and their originals were unique, but damn they look so clean in comparison. I'm loving what I see so far.

Wait, let me guess, the road unis are going to be...BLUE!! Just like 18 other teams in the league. :rolleyes:

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

To me from what I can see that Bobcats uni is a massive upgrade IMO. Yes it's a bit cliche with the pinstripes and their originals were unique, but damn they look so clean in comparison. I'm loving what I see so far.

Wait, let me guess, the road unis are going to be...BLUE!! Just like 18 other teams in the league. :rolleyes:

Sad but probably true. An orange, pin stripe road set would be sick though, wishful thinking on my part. Maybe they will make it an alt.

Bobcatsuni.jpg

I emailed Rick Bonnell, Bobcats beat writer at the Charlotte Observer to see if he had any more information, sent the picture above along with my email.

My email

"Rick,

Guessing with Ellington in a blank jersey, possibly a leak from the 2009 Rookie Photo shoot? Looks like it was shown on the local news (Im guessing Charlotte)"

He told me he had never seen that jersey and he would contact the Bobcats and let me know if he heard back, shortly after I received this email:

"That's just what happened. And the Bobcats are none too happy at some trading-card company for releasing that video about a month before they were unveiling these things."

Looks like the official unveiling will be sometime in September. As a Bobcats fan, even though I liked the old set, I think its an upgrade. I hate that we are moving away from orange to be just another navy team, but that is a sharp looking set IMO.

Um what? You meant to say Henderson.

I found another pic

ENLARGE_01Henderson.jpg

Archived