oregon unveiling new uniforms tomorrow?

ONUV

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is the white duck doing? Guarding the bench?

Good question. Whatever it's doing, I'm sure it's something "smart" or "heady", because that is how white athletes compete with their more athletic black counterparts.

:upside:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

What is the white duck doing? Guarding the bench?

Good question. Whatever it's doing, I'm sure it's something "smart" or "heady", because that is how white athletes compete with their more athletic black counterparts.

:upside:

He's a role player. The duck equivalents of John Paxson and Michael Jordan.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Shamelessly stolen from Uni Watch, there is some precedent for adding black to the Ducks' color scheme:

afroducktrack-2.cropshrunk_.jpg

afroduckbball.cropshrunk_.jpg

I think it's hilarious when blatant racism surfaces from the lilywhite schools that never shut up about how far ahead of the social curve they are. UW-Madison photoshopping a black kid into the crowd at Camp Randall a few years ago also comes to mind.

As far as the unis... I actually like the wings and I'd even be willing forgive them for being steel if they hadn't used it to replace an actual school color on the rest of the unis. I guess it still beats what they had before, but if I was a Oregon alum, I'd be a lil upset that my school is constantly the guinea pig for whatever crazy-and-most-likely chemically-induced ideas pop into the heads of the designers at Nike.

Since I'm used to Oregon being experimental and outrageous, my main disappointment is that the goofy-looking number font was carried over. A little more yellow would also be appreciated.

Another pic showcasing entire set.

PHP4A42704C6D612.jpg

interesting: no white pants...

anyhoo, I am not the biggest fan but I don't hate. I always thought if Marty McFly took the DeLorean from 1985 and traveled to the year 2009, he would found odd football sets like these. Then again, he found out that in the year 2015 (only six years away) Miami had beaten the Cubs for the series. Didn't know the Marlins were going to the AL.

Another pic showcasing entire set.

PHP4A42704C6D612.jpg

interesting: no white pants...

anyhoo, I am not the biggest fan but I don't hate. I always thought if Marty McFly took the DeLorean from 1985 and traveled to the year 2009, he would found odd football sets like these. Then again, he found out that in the year 2015 (only six years away) Miami had beaten the Cubs for the series. Didn't know the Marlins were going to the AL.

In Back to the Future, they went to 2005. Even then Oregon had odd unis, but I kinda liked those...

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I'm still baffled that they would go through the trouble of making the regular away jerseys have numbers that turn green at certain angles and yet they didn't put those on the yellow jersey.

That's a performance-enhancing corset. His gut is .875% more streamlined.

Hmm....how about adopting red as a color next year to make them three times as fast.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

In Back to the Future, they went to 2005. Even then Oregon had odd unis, but I kinda liked those...

In Back to the Future: Part II, they went to 2015, like AJM said. Get it right or pay the price.

Archived