oregon unveiling new uniforms tomorrow?

ONUV

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I did not mind the blackout uniform they wore last year. It just needs some tweaks. Make the numbers white, or gold, and youve got an okay uniform.

As long as they get rid of all of the stupid flaming helmets, and crazy combinations, ill be fine

I may be in the minority, but I loved Oregons uniforms from this past season. Sure there modern but there also unique and I like them.

I agree. ^_^

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Taken Directly from goducks.com

A couple of sealed, nondescript packing boxes were wheeled into the Casanova Center just before 6 p.m. Monday night. The contents, hand delivered by the global creative director for Nike apparel, Todd Van Horne, contained the reason for Tuesday's 1 p.m. press conference on the ground floor of the same building.

The fifth edition of Oregon's football uniform evolution was unpacked and laid out on a conference room table with an item in one box drawing a collective gasp from the handful of folks on hand as it was lifted out. Even Van Horne was viewing and touching the finished products for the first time.

The five players who will be modeling the new kits during the formal unveiling were impressed, with Ed Dickson proclaiming his favorite within five seconds of entering the room. Incredibly, that version had a No. 83 and "DICKSON" attached to it.

My take on the new duds, as a 30-something male sports fan: Outstanding. Cool enough for the kids and classy enough for the traditionalists.

Fans will have the opportunity to see the uniforms as they are introduced for the first time LIVE on GoDucks.com. Video streaming will begin at 1 p.m. with a full archived version available shortly after the completion of the press conference.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Wishlist:

Move back to two-tone green and dump the black

Have the ability to wear white pieces of the uniform at home

TV numbers

Don't have those stupid stripes on the pants like OSU, UConn, Minnesota etc have

Don't have that stupid piping that UConn, Minnesota and V-Tech have

I can get on board with the U of O being Nike's creative canvas for "creative" uniform designs. This most recent one I was actually half-okay with.

But really...I'm really hoping that this latest set really emphasizes what (I believe) the actual school colors are...green and yellow. If they wish to smatter in some white (chrome?) or a little dash of black, depending on how it's worked in, I suppose that'd be okay.

I really just kinda wish, though, that the school would find something they like and stick to it. Nike's got plenty of other "teams" in its fold on which to test out new designs (see this latest Boise State getup and the latest UConn design). I think by this point the U of O football program might wanna get a little more focused on its actual football program than on the uniforms the players in that program wear. But that's just me.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Wishlist:

Move back to two-tone green and dump the black

Have the ability to wear white pieces of the uniform at home

TV numbers

Don't have those stupid stripes on the pants like OSU, UConn, Minnesota etc have

Don't have that stupid piping that UConn, Minnesota and V-Tech have

I hate how the Gophers' uniforms are examples of what not to do with football uniforms. GO BACK TO YOUR OLD SET ALREADY!!!

Also, I hope Oregon settles on using just the green helmet. It is by far the best. If they have to go with multiple helmets, just use the green and yellow ones then. I don't want to see the black and white ones anymore. The green helmet is good enough that they don't need any more.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

an item in one box drawing a collective gasp from the handful of folks

If this is true, then I can't imagine what would make these "gasp-worthy". Probably means they went with some out-of-the-box design like last years. I like how they're creative and all, but you don't need 384 possible uni combos.

My take on the new duds, as a 30-something male sports fan: Outstanding. Cool enough for the kids and classy enough for the traditionalists.

If this is true, then it better not be like Nike's "Penn State-esque" UConn jerseys. I mean those weren't bad, but they definitely weren't classic either.

Either way, I'm excited to see what they come up with, hopefully they don't disappoint.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I'm excited to see what they come out with. I like that Oregon always comes out with these outlandish uniforms. Having one team out of 120 go completely out of the box isn't bad, and maybe they will be something that actually looks good. If they have a green jersey with gold wings on it, then it would be great. But I'm guessing we will get something with the wings, but a lot of black and something we didn't see in the blackout game last year. If this is really, "cool enough for kids and classy enough for the tradionalists" then I will like it a lot. That description also sounds like it could be the wing design.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm excited to see what they come out with. I like that Oregon always comes out with these outlandish uniforms. Having one team out of 120 go completely out of the box isn't bad, and maybe they will be something that actually looks good. If they have a green jersey with gold wings on it, then it would be great. But I'm guessing we will get something with the wings, but a lot of black and something we didn't see in the blackout game last year. If this is really, "cool enough for kids and classy enough for the tradionalists" then I will like it a lot. That description also sounds like it could be the wing design.

Somebody has to be the guinea-pig for Nike, and Oregon makes the most sense. I'm sure the university is making off quite well from this partnership. I look forward to the unveiling, and I'm among the minority who didn't think what they wore last year was that bad!

As I read this, I have a BIG concern. I hope the new uniforms aren't anything like the schools basketball unis, where they have the color-on-color "ghost" text for Oregon and Ducks, and all you can see is the player number. That's just a stupid concept that should never have received the green light.

Also, does anyone else think the proclamation "football uniform evolution" is as asinine as "system of a dress" or anything associated with the Rbk Edge template? Dang... Enough is enough already!

Oh, and if it's true the head coach has a lot of say in the design of the athletic uniforms, do we blame Bellotti for this mess, or the new guy?

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

wouldn't we have seen these in the ncaa football create-a-team like the rest of the new uni's that got leaked?

Ehh, I doubt it. The uniforms that have been loaded on team builder are not quite updated...

at least from what I saw. GT's helmet is still the 2007 and before version. Teams that have already communicated their updates with EA im sure have their updates on the teambuilder... but Oregon obviously has not. I'm sure EA will continue to update that in time.

Archived