oregon unveiling new uniforms tomorrow?

ONUV

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So...

I've watching the video on and off at work (no audio), but let me get this straight:

Helmets: Black, Green, White, Steel. Yellow?

Jerseys: Black, Green, Yellow, White. Steel?

Pants: Black, Green, White, Steel. Yellow?

No yellow pants or helmet. Black helmet used with several different looks.

No steel jersey. Two different white jerseys - white with green, white with steel.

Otherwise, you're right.

What's wrong with one home and one road uniform? 2 jerseys, 2 pairs of pants, 1 or 2 helmets...apparently that's too simple for Nike to wrap their twisted little minds around.

Steel and black should be eliminated from the equation. They have nothing to do with the school's colors. The wings on the shoulders don't bug me, but I think he also said that the diamond plate was screened behind them as well??

The white/steel jersey looks like the Raiders somehow got involved in MLB's TATC promotion. And does that mean they'll be wearing a uniform which displays neither of the school's official colors?

Losing the yellow helmet and pants is a downgrade, IMO. As for the rest, I'll reserve judgement until some better images come out. But I do like the wings.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And does that mean they'll be wearing a uniform which displays neither of the school's official colors?

Probably, although with the mix-and-match they might never actually wear one of the combinations which exclude both green and gold.

EDIT: they were just asked this, and responded that in those jerseys the numbers are outlined in green.

Whoa - I hadn't seen that weird silver helmet/white shirt/silver pants combo. That might work for some schools, but it's pretty odd for a team that's supposed to be in green and yellow.

Also - do they really need two different versions of the white shirt?

Wonderful. How much would anyone bet that a minuscule fraction of the possible combinations is used before everything is redesigned next year?

Stupid Nike and Oregon for making an absolute mockery of the idea of identity. The whole point of uniforms is to distinguish one team from another. Isn't a uniform supposed to be somewhat traditional? To be able to tell the team that's playing by the colors?

Aside from the wings (not totally against, by the way), if you see a team in "steel" and "black", you're supposed to know it's Oregon?

Blah.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

A step-up from the diamond plate. Wings turned out great.

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB...;ATCLID=3755462

Oregon will again have green, yellow, black and white as jersey options, but adds a second white top to the mix featuring different accent colors. For pants, the Ducks will choose from green, black, white or steel, which replaces yellow for this uniform cycle. And helmet options now come in green, black, white and carbon. The black and white paint schemes are new for 2009, while the carbon helmet replaces Oregon's yellow helmet.

All told, Oregon will have 80 different combinations (jersey/pant/helmet) at their disposal.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

All told, Oregon will have 80 different combinations (jersey/pant/helmet) at their disposal.

Yeah, somehow I'm thinking these aren't gonna be around for 6 whole seasons.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So they've got black AND carbon helmets? What's the difference?

It's like Oregon stops its designs during the development stage before throwing out inferior looks in favor of the best home, road and alternate schemes.

. . . which replaces yellow for this uniform cycle.

Can someone please explain what a "uniform cycle" is?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I don't think it's too bad yet (considering I can't see the detail to well.)

But I think they'd be good to go with steel, dark green, yellow, and white.

Black's not really doing anything for me, but I really like the 'steel' color.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived