NBA Rookies, Tradees and Free Agents in new unis

Ron Mexico

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joshey, I saw that promotion on deadspin.com, it makes no sense to me. From a money-making standpoint it might make sense(cents), but not from a fanbase-building standpoint. I guess they have just given up on East Rutherford altogether.

On topic: Shelden Williams will be number 13 for the Celtics, and Nate Robinson will be switching to #2 if he ever officially joins a team. Funny note; on the Dallas Mavericks official site they have 21 people listed on the roster. Obviously this will be cut down, but right now 11 of them have jersey numbers and 10 do not. Tells you how much they liked last years team.

Just to settle som confusion.

They're not new uniforms. One's a Hardwood classic, the other a promotional uniform. So they Blazers still have their Black and White road and home uniforms.

So they won't be wearing these in any games? thBangHead.gif

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

they'll wear both in regular season games...the Rip City ones twice, and however many HWC matchups they have. They will also continue to wear the current home and away unis as well though. seems to me like theyre trying to be the Cavs by wearing like 5 uniforms in one season ;)

Just to settle som confusion.

They're not new uniforms. One's a Hardwood classic, the other a promotional uniform. So they Blazers still have their Black and White road and home uniforms.

So they won't be wearing these in any games? thBangHead.gif

They are wearing them twice each. They are just not replacing their current set. There is already a thread discussing these, you can find information there.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Trader Mike Dunleavy's newest acquisition--Rasual Butler

butler_295_090817.jpg

Sterling is so cheap, I bet you $10 the jersey they're holding up is an Elton Brand jersey.

In the right light, this could be reused for a Tony Soprano/James Gandolfini ad for Nutrasystem.

No photos yet, but newly-signed Hawk Joe Smith ought to have his entire name on the back of his jersey since they already have Josh Smith too. Do you think they'll have Josh put just "Jos." Smith or say 'what the heck' & just spell his name too?

ujsignature.png

No photos yet, but newly-signed Hawk Joe Smith ought to have his entire name on the back of his jersey since they already have Josh Smith too. Do you think they'll have Josh put just "Jos." Smith or say 'what the heck' & just spell his name too?

Neither. It will probably just say "Smith" on the back. The NBA has either eliminated the rule for initials or ignoring it, because Rasheed and Ben both wore just "Wallace" in Detroit and Ray and Tony wore just "Allen" in Boston. So that's my speculation.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived