Cape Coral Jellies

BJBerthiaume

Okay, so I have been working on this concept for a long time now, probably over six months. I had an idea to create an entire league for MiLB, and I figured Florida would be the easiest place to create teams for concepts. There is already a Florida State League, so I decided to go with Florida Coast League. All of the cities in the league will be on or very near the coast. I hope to do ten teams for the league, and it will probably take around a year or even more for me to finish this series because it takes so long for me to create the logo sets.

Anyways, the first team is the Cape Coral Jellies. I thought Jellies was a unique name, so I ran with it. The logos I created enitrely on my own, and they are cleaned up with MSPAINT. The script is Alba Super. I searched through fonts until I found something I could settle on. I wanted something bold and smooth, and Alba Super was perfect for this team. I also wanted a fairly unique color scheme. The colors are purple, a color somewhere in between turquoise and light blue, and a blue a little darker than royal blue. Not a ton to say about the jerseys, or anything else, so I'll just post it now!

Enjoy please! C&C would be cool.

CapeCoralsJellieslogoset.png

CapeCoralsJelliesuniformset.png

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

It's a really nice start to this series. Jellies is a really original name. It would be totally appropriate for a MiLB team. I like the color scheme. I like how you made the jellyfish look tough with the crossed tentacles, you really can't see that in the primary though.

I'll be following this series.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

I love the name and the colors, both are very original. And the typeface you're using is fantastic. The logo is very good for paint. I do agree with undead about the image not coming through in the primary because the wordmark is covering it up. Tweak that interaction and you've got a great concept.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I love the name! Very creative. I dont think the font you chose would work for very many sports teams, but here it makes sense and works perfectly. nice job. the crossed tentacle arms is my favorite thing here and like everyone already said it would be great to see in the primary. maybe shrink the entire jelly so the crossed arms fit right above the "e". not sure if I like the "CC" for the cap tho as much as I do for the logo. what if you used the type of C"C you have on the very top in the words "Cape Coral??

I love the name! Very creative. I dont think the font you chose would work for very many sports teams, but here it makes sense and works perfectly. nice job. the crossed tentacle arms is my favorite thing here and like everyone already said it would be great to see in the primary. maybe shrink the entire jelly so the crossed arms fit right above the "e". not sure if I like the "CC" for the cap tho as much as I do for the logo. what if you used the type of C"C you have on the very top in the words "Cape Coral??

I could try the Dark Crystal font, sure. The only thing is that it is a little 'darker' than what I am trying to set for the general feeling of this team. It sure would look great though. I might also try and draw a new cap logo with some tentacles wrapping around a CC possibly. Would that be better?

do not ditch the hat since this is team's whole identity is obviously for a minor league team. You are probably right that that Dark Crystal font is a little dark for the theme you have going. the CC on the hat isnt bad as it is but it just seems plain.

To me it was obvious that the tentacles were crossed and not tied as the last post said. Maybe not everyone sees it but I dont think there's any other way to do it and what you have here is effective.

I have a quick update on the primary logo here. Just put the Jelly above the script as a whole, so the tentacles are clearly present. I determined that I would leave the hat logo alone for now, unless I come up with something that could prove very effective, but I haven't come up with anything yet.

Enjoy! C&C please.

CapeCoralsJellieslogoset2.png

Archived