Titans . Nehl Redesign Project

js °

I know alot of you are tackling the Cougars right now, but I was looking at the Jamestown Titans logo, and started a couple sketches to clean it up and update the current logo. Dump all your concepts in this thread as well.

Current logo:

id_titans_old.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stuck pretty strictly to the original concept, took very few liberties with it. This is merely my first attempt at this, and its also just a visual update. With the rendering I tried to distance the style from the Ottawa Senators, as the subject matter is pretty much the same. I'm very unhappy with the mediocrity of the letterforms in the wordmark ... I'll be throwin some time into that. A secondary mark is also needed, which I have some ideas for. As always .. please throw me your feedback.

id_titans_01.jpg

That looks very, very classy, js! I love your style of work. My only critique is a couple of minor things. The shape of the base of the neck seems uncomfortable to me. Maybe try a few different things, flattening it out, slanting it off, curving it completely... right now, it seems like sort of like a football-esque shape. The other thing is that (and I know I'm guilty of this too) you should put more emphasis on the city's name in the wordmark. I think it gets a little lost amidst the bold head and nickname. Like I said, very small critiques, but it looks excellent as is. Almost needs no tuning at all. :)

EDIT: One other thing I just noticed: The eye looks a bit high to me. Maybe consider finding a way to lower it just a small bit. Perhaps that's just my perception of it, and no one else's.

thanks for the compliments all.

nitro, you're right, the lack of emphasis on the city name is definitely a fault in the wordmark ... especially with the fact that this is a small market team. The city name should be far more prominent. City name to Team name emphasis should be somewhere around 40/60.

I'm trying a couple different necks to get the right vibe down there. I keep coming back to football neck because its a natural end, as if it were a V-neck shirt on. Also I want the head to be evidently turning outward, so rather than just being a stagnant profile, we see that the subject is turning away from us and looking towards something. Looking at what I had, that seemed almost too much of that though .. i toned it down a bit here, added and subtracted a couple more little things.

titans_01a.jpg

js

What fantastic work! You and nitro (not to mention many others here on the boards) are truely gifted. I love the way you guys help each other!

By the way, what a great Trojan or Centurion your logo would make! :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I agree.

Can I at least be a sales guy? A web designer? Something?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

nitro .. i've often thought about the same thing .. and I'm still thinking of it, especially with this NEHL thing happening.

KC, thanks for the kind words.

I know Joe had mentioned that the NEHL teams are looking to keep costs down, and thus will most likely will be using NHL jersey templates. So I'm thinking with the current color scheme in place here, this could easily use jersey templates from the Sabres (which would look ridiculous for this concept), the Blackhawks, the Hurricanes or the Senators. But I opted to try another one that I think would work perfect for this team ... the Coyotes. I think the color scheme adds a certain refined classic element. It may be too much, but I rather like it, let me know what you think :

titans_01c_coyotes.jpg

United Design Company. I think it would be very cool... plus we'd get some decent flippin logos out into the world for real use....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

:notworthy: THis is just simply, some fan-friggin-tastic stuff.

It's scary. THis isn't two months of refinement, it's like one day per concept and we're nearly there.

Awesome JS.

I'd prefer the Coyotes colored one too btw.

...if its an option.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

JS - great "coyotes" color scheme.

If you guys open a business together, I want in. I can be the office manager or coffee boy. I just want to be around you guys - lol

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived