NLL floating radical redesign of league logo?

Viper

This fall the National Lacrosse League is holding an all-star exhibition in Melbourne, Australia, of all places. Of particular interest to this forum is the event logo, as shown on the Web site's masthead:

lacrosser1c14630181.jpg

As you can see, the event logo doesn't incorporate the standard NLL logo (shown below for comparison), but a different one that uses the same basic elements (a white silhouette of a lax player with the ball in his stick, against a half-blue/half-red background), but with a much more polished and dynamic look.

6778.gif

So far the linked Web site is the only place this logo can be found, so it's entirely possible that it's meant for this event only. But considering the orders-of-magnitude upgrade from the current league logo, I have a very hard time believing it's just a one-off throwaway. We may well be looking at a sneak preview of a new NLL logo. I sincerely hope so.

CCSLC signature.png

lacrosser1c14630181.jpg

As you can see, the event logo doesn't incorporate the standard NLL logo (shown below for comparison), but a different one that uses the same basic elements (a white silhouette of a lax player with the ball in his stick, against a half-blue/half-red background), but with a much more polished and dynamic look.

You're certainly right about "polished". That is a VERY shiny logo.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, something does need to be done about the helmet portion of the logo....but otherwise I like it alot.

I've always thought the NLL needs to move away from their current logo as it looks way too much like the NBA and MLB logos.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived