Your Detroit Tigers...

NDwas

Although it is a historic logo, I think that the plain "Old English D" logo by itself is too plain Jane (I know the Chicago White Sox use the Old English "SOX" logo, I wish the Tigers would either go back to the Tiger going through the D, the Tiger head inside a blue circle with Detroit Tigers in white letters, or use the Old English D logo that is inside a orange and blue Tiger striped diamond and the D placed between the words "Detroit Tigers".

I agree, they had it made with the Tiger going through the D until 06 when they changed it to the plain D.

Is there a reason you have some of the two little lines inside the "D" arched to the inside and some arched to the outside?

It exists on the actual Detroit Tigers unis as well. For some reason they have two different stylized "D" 's on their uniforms -one for the cap and one for the jersey. Why they won't give it up and go with one "D", tradition aside, is beyond me.

That right there is pretty much the total answer, if you ask me. The New York Yankees have the exact same issue with their NY monogram(s). They both bug me to no end.

*Begins to wonder if the Oakland A's have a similar issue or not...*

The A's do have that issue. As far as this set goes, I would streamline the D's, just use one. But then again, the difference bugs me to no end too. I really like the tiger head logo, it's grrrrrreat. Overall, I know it's tough to change the Tigers, tradition and all, but this is pretty good.

Archived