Conquerors Basketball Logo

jaha32

This last winter I posted this logo but it was a football logo then. It was too detailed to work for a football logo so I made changes and modified it to be a basketball logo. Hopefully it works better for basketball. It may be a little too 'cartoony' for some people's taste but maybe not.

Does this work better here for b-ball?

Conquerors.jpg

I think there's gotta be more contrast in the two yellow/oranges. I like how the guy is rendered, but there's too much lighting going on in his helmet and the ball (two big circles, a white one and an orange one) and it's not very visually pleasing. Obviously it's a great freakin' logo, but it's not your best.

And turn down the watermark a bit, it's extremely hard to make out the colors and not get distracted from the logo.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

To me it kind of looks like the guy in the logo has a basketball in place of a hand, rather than like he is holding it.

I knew it. I was thinking that someone would say that but wasnt sure. the idea was that the hand is behind the ball, but it's not working that way. I will have to put the hand in there and rearrange some things.

I fixed the basketball area and added a shield instead. Now the basketball is simply a design on the shield. I darkened the orange to be more of a burnt orange color. please let me know if this color works or if it still needs more to differentiate the colors. I kept the highlighted circles on the helmet but they are smaller. does this work better or still not work? without any highlights on the helmet it really lost its spherical shape. thanks for any help

Conquerors-1.jpg

I like the top one with the shield. I don't think you need to introduce that bluish-gray color. I think the idea of the shield with the baseball icon is a good idea. I like it better than an actual ball.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Archived