Philly Independence

JaMike81

I don't know if its just me but it looks like teh shadows are off. Even if they aren't off I don't like the shadows, looks kinda randomly placed. I like the basic idea behind the logo and I really like the "We the People Part," and th keystone in the background.

looks like a beer label

I was going to sat the same thing. That or a Philly tourist trap diner where the waiters dress in period costumes.

Other than that I really like it. This is more of what I expected the Philly MLS squad to look like.

I really like the Keystone!

I am not really shocked at the logo, but more surprised that WPS is expanding! From a story last week, the league opener has 15,000 people in March at the Home Depot Center, but there has been just one 10,000+ crowd since and that was a doubleheader with the MLS. Plus, the Atlanta Beat are returning with their same logo as before.

The SF Business Times did report this:

Through last weekend?s games, the league?s seven teams each attracted an average of 5,008 fans per game. ?That?s right in the wheelhouse of our expectations,? said Tonya Antonucci, commissioner of the San Francisco-based league. Indeed, league officials said WPS could break even if it attracts about 5,000 people each game.

Meanwhile WPS is in late stage negotiations to sell space on the back of player?s shirts. Antonucci, speaking Monday, would not say which company is interested in the deal, which would net six figures for the league. Two WPS teams, Los Angeles and New York, already have sponsorship deals on the front of their jerseys.

Three fonts? Letters in five different colors? Bizarre shading pattern on the right side? Banner that terminates like a torn pirate flag? My god there are so many things wrong with this.

I agree with whoever said it looks like a beer-bottle logo... a really bad beer-bottle logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Perhaps a personal peeve, but it really irritates me when expansion teams put "Est." or "Established" in their logos...like they're some storied franchise in the making.

...how about you stay around for longer than, say, 2 seasons before you slap a "Est" on your logo. Better yet, let's leave the "Est" option to the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Manchester United's, or the NY Yankees of the world.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Archived