Steve McNair has died.

epper

This Steve McNair Tribute popped up on Facebook with this sentiment from a friend:

"Titans Radio's tribute to Steve McNair, when he left the team in 2006. Some of his most memorable plays called by Mike Keith. Such a moving tribute on this day to a great football player and a great guy. My thoughts and prayers with his wife and four sons."

Very touching tribute.

[slips on the old #9 jersey]

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
absolutely wow. . .

saw him play on one leg against YSU in '94, & he earned my respect then

one of my top-ten favorite NFL players ever

requisite RIP in order here

What were you doing watching him play YSU?

Anyways RIP Air McNair, one of my favorite quarterbacks before he became a Raven, still liked the guy then though.

6fQjS3M.png

absolutely wow. . .

saw him play on one leg against YSU in '94, & he earned my respect then

one of my top-ten favorite NFL players ever

requisite RIP in order here

What were you doing watching him play YSU?

Anyways RIP Air McNair, one of my favorite quarterbacks before he became a Raven, still liked the guy then though.

grew up in Y-town, enjoyed all 4 titles back when it was "1-AA"

& yeah, I didn't go for the Ravens thing, but I get it

infrared makes a good point. It is much more saddening when someone is murdered, especially like this. Why somebody would want to kill him is beyond me. Maybe there's something that we don't know about, because I don't see any reason to kill somebody in this fashion.

R.I.P. Steve, you will be sorely missed.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Found dead in a condo with a 20 year old woman not his wife. That does not look good at all. I doubt this will help his image. I doubt this was a random act of violence, I am gonna guess the young woman was an employee of his restaurant that was located close buy. When all the details come out, this will be very ugly. I will say that on the surface he seemed to be a very good guy, but, we all only know the people they want us to know.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

This sucks a lot. I don't think any NFL fan ever really disliked Steve McNair. He was one of those guys you just always had to give props to, kinda like Steve Young. Not sure if he'll make it in the Hall of Fame, but he's gotta go down as one of the great "playing hurt" quarterbacks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

My "half" brother hails from Nashville, and wasn't exactly a sports fan to say the least. That is until the Packers started doing well, and the emergence of the Titans. He was always somewhat of a Brewers fan and didn't adopt to real football till he had his team to root for. When that happened I became a Titans fan as well, and this really saddens me to hear about this. It's been a bad year for me as deaths go :(

packchampionslfroh.png

What a shocker!! I didn't see this comming one bit. RIP, you were a great player.

Well, if you did see this coming, you probably should have alerted police.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thoughts and prayers with his family. Specifically his children. I think that's what tends to get overlooked in some of these celebrity deaths. MJ, McNair, I think Billy Mays and probably more--they've all got children who are still children. It's terrible tragic news anyways, and it's even worse that these kids will spend the rest of their life without their father.

Archived