Steve McNair has died.

epper

I do not feel bad for Steve McNair at all. He was cheating on his wife and betrayed his family.

I feel bad for McNair's wife, kids and family. I do not feel bad for Steve, if he did choose to put himself in that situation of cheating on his wife and family this would not have happened.

so you're saying adultery should be punishable by death? harsh man, harsh. not condoning what he did at all, but people make mistakes.

Yes that's exactly what I am saying...

Come on, don't take things that literally.

Adultry is not a mistake it is concious decision. Forgetting to leave a tip is a mistake, forgetting the time of a dentist appointment is a mistake. Banging a chick that is not your wife is not a mistake.

And for the record... I don't think that death is an appropriate punishment for adultry.

But I don't know why people have strayed from traditional morals. There are some moral absolutes in this world. Murder = Bad, Rape = Bad, Adultry = Bad, Drugs = Bad etc...

However there is a lot of apathy towards traditional values these days. I am sickened by the support that Michael Jackson has recieved. I will go to my grave believeing that he is a child molester that got off. I don't care how good Thriller was or how many records he sold. Child molesting is evil and unforgivable and I sincerely hope he rots for it.

But back to McNair. He cheated on his wife and betrayed his family. I don't think he should have been killed but at the same time I don't feel sorry for him. He knowling cheated on his wife and put himself in that situation. If he was not a cheater and was a good family man like he should have been he would still be alive today.

-Dan

Don't even for a second compare murder and rape, or child molestation to adultery. I don't condon it in anyway, but it's not even in the same boat. It's two people making a very stupid decision to do something that harms one or both there familys. Not a good thing at all, but to compare it to rape or murder is one od the dumbest things I've ever heard. Those two things are on a seperate level. I realize you said you don't feel it should be punished by death, but in saying you "don't feel sorry for him", your basically saying he got what he deserved. Secondly he betrayed his wife not his family. Him cheating on her has zero effect on the love I'm sure he had for his children.

Adultery is a terrible thing yes, and nobody should ever commit it. That being said, it's not even close to rape or murder so please don't compare them.

The whole Michael Jackson thing is still up in the air. He was aquitted for it, why? There wasn't enough evidence (if any, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it just his word against the childs/childs parent). Did Michael Jackson molest kids, it's highly possible. But unlike OJ, there really is no proof. So I'm not trying to say I support him or anything I'm indifferent on the whole thing because you don't know what happened or do I or anyone, except Jackson and the accusing person(s). So you can have the opinion of that he did and he was a pretty messed up person so i wouldn't put it past him, but until you or someone else proves that he did it, it's really unfair to call someone something as horrible as a child molestor.

Lastly the support he's getting is because of his music. The honours and what not all because of music. His personal life and just that his personal life, that has no recourse on what he accomplished music wise well before any of this started. So the point is something I learned from Liam Gallagher actually. When asked what he'd ask John Lennon if he were in front of him he replied nothing when asked why the answer was because he didn't care about his life, or have any interest he just liked his music. People paying tribute to Jackson simply like his music, his wacked personal life is another seperate thing.

untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do not feel bad for Steve McNair at all. He was cheating on his wife and betrayed his family.

I feel bad for McNair's wife, kids and family. I do not feel bad for Steve, if he did choose to put himself in that situation of cheating on his wife and family this would not have happened.

so you're saying adultery should be punishable by death? harsh man, harsh. not condoning what he did at all, but people make mistakes.

Adultry is not a mistake it is concious decision. Forgetting to leave a tip is a mistake, forgetting the time of a dentist appointment is a mistake. Banging a chick that is not your wife is not a mistake.

And for the record... I don't think that death is an appropriate punishment for adultry.

But I don't know why people have strayed from traditional morals. There are some moral absolutes in this world. Murder = Bad, Rape = Bad, Adultry = Bad, Drugs = Bad etc...

However there is a lot of apathy towards traditional values these days. I am sickened by the support that Michael Jackson has recieved. I will go to my grave believeing that he is a child molester that got off. I don't care how good Thriller was or how many records he sold. Child molesting is evil and unforgivable and I sincerely hope he rots for it.

But back to McNair. He cheated on his wife and betrayed his family. I don't think he should have been killed but at the same time I don't feel sorry for him. He knowling cheated on his wife and put himself in that situation. If he was not a cheater and was a good family man like he should have been he would still be alive today.

-Dan

Today, we live in a moralless, irresponsible, and ignorant society.

How did Michael Jackson get involved in this? I understand he was Tennessee's version of MJ (seriously, some guy said that there is more mourning of McNair going on in Tennessee than there was for MJ), but come on. Don't use McNair's death as a chance to make a moral stand. Just call it what it is: A damn shame.

I realize you said you don't feel it should be punished by death, but in saying you "don't feel sorry for him", your basically saying he got what he deserved.

thank you, that's the point i was trying to get across.

What I said was, if he wasn't cheating on his wife he wouldn't be dead right now.

I don't have sympathy for somebody when something bad happens to them as a result of their poor decision making process.

And he did betray his family, not just his wife. How do you imagine his kids feel about this? What type of example does this set for his kids?

If my dad cheated on my mom I would feel that he betrayed and let down our entire family.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

What I said was, if he wasn't cheating on his wife he wouldn't be dead right now.

I don't have sympathy for somebody when something bad happens to them as a result of their poor decision making process.

And he did betray his family, not just his wife. How do you imagine his kids feel about this? What type of example does this set for his kids?

If my dad cheated on my mom I would feel that he betrayed and let down our entire family.

-Dan

That's the thing though, something bad isn't dieing. that's something horrible, and the way your putting it he got what was coming to him. I'm not saying he deserves to be happy after what he did but your basically saying it's okay she killed him.

How his kids would feel? Have you ever had a parent cheat? Don't tell me what they'd feel. Sure you think my dad's and :censored: how could he do that to my mom. You don't love him any less or question his love for you any less. Lastly you can't tell me how you'd feel if your dad cheated as you just said he hasn't. Until your in a situation you can't say how you'd feel.

The whole point is if he got a serious beatdown for doing this I'd agree 100% with you he got what was coming to him. But again when he was killed for this and you say you have no sympathy your basically condoning his murderer saying it was what he had coming and that's wrong.

Every action has a reaction however this one wasn't just everyone makes mistakes, and this had didn't physically harm anyone therefore his punishment should've matched it. You don't have to feel for him, but atleast be indifferent on the subject.

untitled-6.jpg

I do not think I can make this any clearer for you.

I AM NOT SAYING IT WAS OK THAT HIS MISTRESS KILLED HIM.

I am not condoning his murder.

I just don't have sympathy for him because it was his deception of his family, poor moral compass and bad decision making that lead to his demise.

Regarding McNair's kids, I never said this is how they do or should feel. I said imagine what their kids must feel. Regardless of how his kids feel he did set a pretty $hitty example. If my dad cheated on my mom I would be done with him because I would feel devastated and let down plus I'd be thinking "how could he do that to mom".

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

No, its not like talking to a brick wall.

Its like talking to somebody that has their mind made up. I am not sure why you are trying to change my mind or interpret what I write.

I was not arguing but apparantly you were.

And the cute little edit with the comment that followed just makes you come across as rude and arrogant.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

You hate to see someone that was good at what he did die in such a tragic manner.

What I don't understand here is what this crazy lady have to gain being with Steve. Was there any worth in her actions?

Plus, now that they're saying she had some issues, wouldn't he notice there's something wrong with this picture?

You hate to see someone that was good at what he did die in such a tragic manner.

What I don't understand here is what this crazy lady have to gain being with Steve. Was there any worth in her actions?

Plus, now that they're saying she had some issues, wouldn't he notice there's something wrong with this picture?

She was dating an NFL player who was a multi-millioniare

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

I don't think nann one of us up in here is anywhere near pure enough in heart, mind, nor soul, to sit up on a high bench and start judging the actions of others, declaring what is right and what is wrong as if any of us are the torchbearer or bookwriter of morality and virtue. Between this thread and the Michael Jackson thread, t sho' seems like some folks love to jump down the throats of those who've "made mistakes" or "did bad things" in their life, almost as if they themselves have done no wrong.

Go look in a mirror. If you can say to the man (or woman) in the mirror that you haven't made any mistakes or done any wrong, feel free to continue to judge and criticize. If you can't...get up off the high horse already and come on back down with the rest of us. I say this as someone who's done made more than my fair share of mistakes in life--and as the man I am, I can openly admit this in an open forum without shame. Thankfully, in my case, it ain't lead to four slugs being fired into my body, but that's besides the point.

As I said a page or two back, that which is done in darkness, eventually will come to light. But that's not for us to sit and judge. I'm a big believer in karma...and eventually, we all end up paying for the mistakes we make in life in some form or fashion or other. In McNair's case, it was the ultimate price...sometimes, that's just the way the dominoes fall.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If this directed at me I don't feel that I am on a high horse.

I called out McNair for cheating on his wife. I called out Jackson because I deep down believe that he molested those kids. I can honestly look in the mirror and say that I have not done anything nearly close to as bad as what they did.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Point of order:

Regular, everyday adultery is absolutely nothing like molesting kids. You seem to be drawing a moral equivalency when there isn't any. Molesting children is illegal and wrong. Adultery -- in a country where half of marriages end in divorce -- is sad, but far too common to be considered some kind of universal failing.

You might want to tone down the rhetoric a bit.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I never said adultry is like or equal to child molestation. People should read the post and take it at face value instead of trying to interpret it.

I would like to see where in any of my posts in this thread where I compared it.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Archived