Golden State Warriors

Hoopskid

Alright, well I've been browsing the site and a lot of NBA teams are due for an update. The Warriors have been long overdue for one, the whole muscular man and thunder identity doesn't work. The way I see it, the team has three options:

1. Native American Warrior including arrows, headgear, faces and other aboriginal items.

2. California and basketball image, going back to the classic simple ball and state logo.

3. Using the Bay Area elements.

I decided to go with the Bay Area elements because their Golden Gate bridge logo is iconic and I wanted to bring back an updated version. I decided to ditch the navy, orange, light blue and yellow and return to the classic blue and gold. The logo is mainly inspired from their classic set and the 2000 NBA All-Star game. Is this logo well rendered? No, I'm getting there, but it's an idea.

The uniforms are modern with hints from the past. I'll let you guys try to associate.

CC always well appreciated.

Thanks

warriors-1.png

Absolutely beautiful, I love it! I take it you have a vector version of the old "The City" logo?

QUOTE (Hoopskid @ Friday, July 17th, 2009 - 11:11:59) *

Absolutely beautiful, I love it! I take it you have a vector version of the old "The City" logo?

Thanks, yeah I work in Illustrator.

That's cool, I did the same thing a few weeks ago. Did you trace it off of this logo?

The City logo found on Creamer's site.

I did trace that logo, not from this site though and I didn't use my own traced logo for this concept.

QUOTE (Hoopskid @ Friday, July 17th, 2009 - 11:11:59) *

Thanks, yeah I work in Illustrator.

That's cool, I did the same thing a few weeks ago. Did you trace it off of this logo?

The City logo found on Creamer's site.

I did trace that logo, not from this site though and I didn't use my own traced logo for this concept.

Where did you find a better quality logo? The one off of Creamer's site was the best one I could find. :cry: Did you just eye the "The City" logo for this new concept since you didn't use the one you already had?

Archived