Uniforms that need to make a comeback

Brave-Bird 08

And my homer picks:

homer_comeback.png

I agree, across the board. But they'd have to pick either a 1940s Packer uniform or 1960s - mixing and matching home and road from different decades doesn't work.

As far as the non-homeric choices, I'd like to see the Rams go back to this slightly more detailed horn:

LA-49.jpg

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And my homer picks:

homer_comeback.png

I agree, across the board. But they'd have to pick either a 1940s Packer uniform or 1960s - mixing and matching home and road from different decades doesn't work.

As far as the non-homeric choices, I'd like to see the Rams go back to this slightly more detailed horn:

LA-49.jpg

I was thinking the Lombardi-era unis would be the full time and the Lambeau-era ones would be alts/throwbacks. They didn't make a green version of those Lombardi-era throwbacks and I was too lazy to find an actual pic from that era.

The MUHS football team uses those decals (they still have the Hilltoppers name). IMO, they have the best looking helmets in all of Wisconsin.

Homer picks:

ckn7g142gosznjkbua6zvpg9i.gif

e8w100awtvharg3677gs0ke1c.gif

jlegjoz05gqnrgiy9gpz4vkqz.gif

nl_2001_atlanta.gif

Wouldn't mind seeing the Braves go back to strictly this. Maybe keep the away alt.

Thrashers05.png

They could easily EDGE-ify this since, lo and behold, horizontal stripes are possible!

t8uibl.jpg

snowbowl6.jpg

As close to "glory day" uniforms as MSU football gets. These were also some of the best uniforms that they've had.

As a Patriots fan since 1976, I find it interesting that they would choose to jump on the bandwagon after the recent success the Patriots have enjoyed. While it is true there are Cowboys fans everywhere, there are as many people who hate them. The same can be said for the Packers. Titletown should stay in Green Bay - only for nostalgic reasons, though. Dallas, Pittsburgh, San Francisco or New England actually deserve that title more, but it should stay in Green Bay. A couple of years ago, SI declared St Paul was the real Hockeytown, taking that claim away from Detroit. While I agree with this in theory, I don't think any other city should have that term used to describe it.I guess I'm saying I personally think the Patriots are America's Team. Before their success, no one cared about them. Now, they are one of those teams like the Cowboys that people either love or love to hate.
I don't really think that any uniform needs to come back, but add me to the list of fans of the "Old Navy" Pacers uniform.

artest.184.2.650.jpg

great, they can wear these on hardwood classics night against the pistons at the palace and at halftime they can reenact the brawl.

they basically cant go back to these after that moment although they went to the finals in those unis back in 2000

Everything with the brawl was just a one-time (mostly one-player) thing with Artest in those unis. Ever since the change in unis (and Reggie's retirement), the Pacers have created a terrible image for them with multiple strip club shootings and other stuff like that (I for one blame Tinsley). Going back to those unis would restore pride to a franchise lacking it, as then they were for the most part a respectable franchise (especially here) instead of the peace of crap that they're seen as (even around here) now.

6fQjS3M.png

Before Mike Stoops ruined the best jersey in college football (not a homer pick, either, since my school is Wazzu):

156632.jpg

And, in advance of this fall:

2004%2011%2020%20-%20UConn%20Football%20-%201.jpg

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Of the most recently posted, I can definitely get on board with the previous-era Milwaukee Brewers, the Atlanta Thrashers pre-Blueland, and the Arizona Wildcats (those sets WERE a thing of beauty).

Now...I could be an uber-homer and post the uniform I feel should make a comeback...but one look at my screen handle should already tell you what that is. :D

(Of course, at some point during this upcoming season, the Buccaneers are bringing those back for one game...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

My homer pick -- does it count as homerism if it's for a home team you don't root for? -- would be the 1958/9 - 1964 Redskins uniform with the mohawk feather:

giantsredskins1960ny-1.jpg

Which is right up there with the Vikings and Michigan States and the old Rams helmet up the thread on my short list of contenders for greatest football helmet ever.

20082614447.png

nfl-49ers-super_bowl_xxiii_montana-joe-16-red-1989-stockpic1.jpg

1989 49ers. Best football uniforms of all time.

I can agree that the uniforms looks nice, but some times I wonder about perception. Say the 49ers sucked, Rice sucked, Montana sucked, so on and so on. Would the uniforms still be viewed the same? We'll never know.

You guys can all go drive your '72 Oldsmobiles, while wearing your leisure suits, on your way to type out your posts on your Packard Bell's.

I can't believe there is so much "things were perfect back in my day..." happening on this board.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You guys can all go drive your '72 Oldsmobiles, while wearing your leisure suits, on your way to type out your posts on your Packard Bell's.

I can't believe there is so much "things were perfect back in my day..." happening on this board.

You are surprised that people are nostalgic about the jerseys they saw their favorite teams wear when they were growing up?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

You are surprised that people are nostalgic about the jerseys they saw their favorite teams wear when they were growing up?

I think it's mostly about the 49ers jersey. I'm not sure if he really liked the 95-08 one, or just hates the 80's-present set.

Hell if it were up to me the Oilers would go back to the Gretzky era jersey that I watched him play in when I was 7 & 8. And the Maple Leafs would go back to their jerseys from the '93 Campbell Conference Finals run.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

brownswgreen.jpg

Thank you. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who liked that jersey and was mad to see it go. lol. (And before anybody goes "THEY R TEH BROWNS, just know that they're named after Paul Brown, not the color brown. That comes up a lot on this board. :P)

I'd be happy if the Eagles had their current jerseys with the old colors.

-Dan

Either the Eagles or the Jets should go back to kelly and black. Heck, to me, kelly and black is way underused overall in sports. Didn't the Eagles change because they said they looked too much like the Jets, or vice versa?

Archived