Uniforms that need to make a comeback

Brave-Bird 08

I'd like to see a few jerseys come back.

Cleveland-Barons-1957-58-Wh.gif

I can imagine the fits it would cause the boys at the Reebok Arts Department. Maybe something with the Sharks, since it is the same owners.

The Canucks V Neck... (Even in the current color set):

vancouver.jpg

My favorite player's jersey: (Which is a fake, not licenced, not authentic, but sold as such... but that is part of a different thread!)

eaton.gif (I got mine before Christmas '08 for 60 bucks, including shipping.)

My homerism - Ottawa Senators in Barber pole... (Would drive Reebok crazy too... They'd likely try to make vertical stripes on the sides, and piping in yellow or something.

barber.gif

Also the Ottawa Rough Riders (team and jersey!) of the 1970s era:

TonyGabriel-Football77.jpg

Reminds me of Riverdale from the Archie Comics.

Commissioner, V League

http://vleague.vetsson.net

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to see a few jerseys come back.

Cleveland-Barons-1957-58-Wh.gif

I can imagine the fits it would cause the boys at the Reebok Arts Department. Maybe something with the Sharks, since it is the same owners.

The Canucks V Neck... (Even in the current color set):

vancouver.jpg

My favorite player's jersey: (Which is a fake, not licenced, not authentic, but sold as such... but that is part of a different thread!)

eaton.gif (I got mine before Christmas '08 for 60 bucks, including shipping.)

My homerism - Ottawa Senators in Barber pole... (Would drive Reebok crazy too... They'd likely try to make vertical stripes on the sides, and piping in yellow or something.

barber.gif

Also the Ottawa Rough Riders (team and jersey!) of the 1970s era:

TonyGabriel-Football77.jpg

Reminds me of Riverdale from the Archie Comics.

I'm sure Spyboy would love it if the Senators decided to use that jersey! :wacko:

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

ekevlt.jpg

Canucks have the proper colour scheme, they just need to get rid of that ugly orca logo.

10xrl1g.jpg

Ottawa was foolish to ever venture away from this very classic look.

Those new alternates with the "SENS" are just rubbish.

And Now, for my homer choice:

102t66r.jpg

The stars should really bring back the green for an Alt like this or the original white sweater.

Not "forest green" either-bright Kelly Green.

Edit: i hosted the pictures on different servers :P

5amlwx.jpg

hcmf-1053007-1.jpg

This was an awesome alt! Aw man, I almost forgot about that. Reminds me of a mythical red Minnesota Twins alt that only showed up in EA's Triple Play series in 1998 and 1999. :P

Agreed. Everything is so dark now, I'd love to see the teal come back for the Mariners. I've been trying to find the cap that has the teal bill for years now. Can't find it anywhere.

You guys can all go drive your '72 Oldsmobiles, while wearing your leisure suits, on your way to type out your posts on your Packard Bell's.

I can't believe there is so much "things were perfect back in my day..." happening on this board.

So grumpy...

Yes, that's a good way to describe you guys whenever someone releases something that looks like it was designed in the post Brady Bunch era.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You guys can all go drive your '72 Oldsmobiles, while wearing your leisure suits, on your way to type out your posts on your Packard Bell's.

I can't believe there is so much "things were perfect back in my day..." happening on this board.

So grumpy...

Yes, that's a good way to describe you guys whenever someone releases something that looks like it was designed in the post Brady Bunch era.

Weren't you an advocate of bringing back the old 76ers look?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

So grumpy...

Weren't you an advocate of bringing back the old 76ers look?

Nope, not at all. I'm not against them going away from the black-red-gold they have now (though the black doesn't bother me as much as it does most), but I don't think I've ever stated that just going back to the old logo / uniforms was the right move. In fact, (without taking the time to review the thread) I'm pretty sure I posted that I was against it. I don't mind "inspired by", but generally favor more contemporary designs. I'm on record as stating that my favorite current sports uniform (well, current up until this next season) was the UConn football uniform, which was the ultimate example of a contemporary classic. The Sixers "new" logo (and probably their yet-to-be unveiled uniforms) is just old.

EDIT: Here's the Sixers thread - I think I've been pretty consistent.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...=64564&st=0

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hm. Well, then, I was wrong. I apologize. You're generally a bit of a curmudgeon 'round here; I guess I projected the cane-waving retro love onto you. (And, well, your moniker is Bring Back the Vet.)

Me, I lean towards modern, but some things didn't need changing in the first place. The Blues, for example, went from a nice classic/modern mix, the best in their history, to... whatever that monstrosity is now. I don't think it's being a hater of everything new to say that the new stuff looks awful.

POTD 2013-08-22

barber.gif

When did the Senators ever use that jersey?? It can't really make a comback if they never even wore it on the ice.

Hm. Well, then, I was wrong. I apologize. You're generally a bit of a curmudgeon 'round here; I guess I projected the cane-waving retro love onto you. (And, well, your moniker is Bring Back the Vet.)

Me, I lean towards modern, but some things didn't need changing in the first place. The Blues, for example, went from a nice classic/modern mix, the best in their history, to... whatever that monstrosity is now. I don't think it's being a hater of everything new to say that the new stuff looks awful.

I'd contest the curmudgeon label, but I guess arguing would just make it fit more.

There are certainly new looks that are awful. No debate here. I just don't think that the answer is to "go back". While I believe that every look can be successfully updated, despite it's perceived "perfection" or history, I will agree that there are some that just shouldn't be touched unless you really really know what you're doing, and get it right. I get all that. I just hate a lot of the instant hatred that anything new gets (most of the time), seemingly just because it's... well, new. I'm also sick of the "in my day, football jerseys had sleeves and stripes, so it should be like that now" attitude. It's possible to embrace and celebrate the past, while living in the present and preparing for the future. Not that all (or even most) of the new designs do this effectively, but again, I don't think the answer to the problem is to turn back the calendar to 1970.

As for my moniker, yeah - I'm aware of the hypocrisy it implies. Just don't feel like changing it (nor am I creative enough to come up with anything else.)

1970 would be a terrible point to turn the clock back to. In fact, can we just forget that the 70s ever existed? Please?

(Well, except for me being born. I suppose I'd like to keep that part.)

POTD 2013-08-22

I'm on the vet's side with this one. I love seeing teams bring back uniforms for a game or two but to go back to some of these kits would be the opposite of progress. Most of these need to say where they were. If you want a great way to update a classy look, see the 49ers. I think they did a great job with their former kit (The Young/Garcia era) of keeping what was recognizable about the old yet implemented the new without doing too much (I don't know how I feel about their new kit though, tbh)

Also keep in mind that (especially with football) the jersey cuts are different and it can be tough to completely replicate the old designs on them

faulk_ind.jpg

I take it that you did not see that the RB has grey socks, but the OL has white sox. So you want that too?

Shadows combined with thin socks = looks slightly grey. Look - the jersey has a grey panel also! :rolleyes:

That's how Marshall Faulk rolls .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Archived