Coca-Cola removes classic and ribbon

BadSeed84

213140.jpg

I liked the ribbon, but I liked it best in the early-mid 90s when it went thru the coca-cola script.

It does still say classic below the ingredients (Coke classic original formula) and to the right of the big coca-cola logo it says "the real thing, no artificial flavors. no preservatives added. since 1886" as seen here

213719.jpg

also this is how it looked before this

232636.jpg

Needs more ribbon.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i could do with or without the ribbon, but since modern design right now is very minimalistic, i see why they did it. i wouldnt be surprised to see it make a comeback though. im glad "classic" is gone. they could have removed it years ago. much nicer without

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i could do with or without the ribbon, but since modern design right now is very minimalistic, i see why they did it. i wouldnt be surprised to see it make a comeback though. im glad "classic" is gone. they could have removed it years ago. much nicer without

Actually, if they were following the modern design trends, their label would simply be red with the white ribbon, maybe with a little C somewhere on there.

Now that I think about it, that'd look pretty good.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Those who consume lots of soda, like the OP, really don's fret on the lack of the dynamic ribbon. Appreciate that this is about to appear:

The New "Freestyle" Coke Machine

There?s more to Coca-Cola than just brown fizzy drinks. The company owns hundreds of brands and variations covering everything from juices to bottled waters.

Unfortunately, putting all those options on display in your local fast food outlet would be a little impractical ? and so most dispensers stick to a few favorites. Although these options can be localized based on regional preferences, there are still a lot of people who walk away disappointed with the (lack of) choice.

Enter ?Freestyle?, Coke?s new RFID-based drinks dispenser that?s being trialled in selected US states this summer. The dispenser uses a touchscreen interface to allow customers to choose from over 100 different options, mixed to order from 30 different flavor cartridges.

Most interestingly, each cartridge is fitted with an RFID tag which feeds data on consumption to a reader built into the machine. The reader, in turn, sends the data via private network to Coke?s head office.

This real time data can then be used to help trial new products, track regional trends and preferences and potentially (I?d guess) even test market messages as displayed on Freestyle screens.

Those who consume lots of soda, like the OP, really don's fret on the lack of the dynamic ribbon. Appreciate that this is about to appear:

The New "Freestyle" Coke Machine

There?s more to Coca-Cola than just brown fizzy drinks. The company owns hundreds of brands and variations covering everything from juices to bottled waters.

Unfortunately, putting all those options on display in your local fast food outlet would be a little impractical ? and so most dispensers stick to a few favorites. Although these options can be localized based on regional preferences, there are still a lot of people who walk away disappointed with the (lack of) choice.

Enter ?Freestyle?, Coke?s new RFID-based drinks dispenser that?s being trialled in selected US states this summer. The dispenser uses a touchscreen interface to allow customers to choose from over 100 different options, mixed to order from 30 different flavor cartridges.

Most interestingly, each cartridge is fitted with an RFID tag which feeds data on consumption to a reader built into the machine. The reader, in turn, sends the data via private network to Coke?s head office.

This real time data can then be used to help trial new products, track regional trends and preferences and potentially (I?d guess) even test market messages as displayed on Freestyle screens.

i like this idea. ^_^

the only thing that concerns me is the cost effectiveness of it, the risk/reward. will it cause drinks in places that feature this idea to go up? how do they plan on keeping one of these things stocked? will it cause an inventory nightmare?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Are you sure the no-ribbon look isn't just part of their summer campaign? There are several Coke label and package variations out right now featuring sunglasses, beachballs, surfboards, etc...

Or is the sans-ribbon look a permanent change?

Are you sure the no-ribbon look isn't just part of their summer campaign? There are several Coke label and package variations out right now featuring sunglasses, beachballs, surfboards, etc...

Or is the sans-ribbon look a permanent change?

well as you can see in the picture there is nothing summerish about it, so it seems like it could be permant, at least with the 2 liters.

They clearly ran out of ribbons! I think if they got rid of it for good, a huge mistake in my opinion but I dont think thats the situation

The same thing was probably said over 10 years ago when they had packagingw ithout the ribbon (The bursting cap label and the one before that) and the ribbon returned. At least we still have the awesome coca-cola script annd at least coke didn't make the ribbon smile like pepsi did with their logo.

Archived