Temple of Bloom: Implementation

Mac the Knife

As some of you may recall, I'm in the process of opening a new retail flower and gift shop here in Raleigh, and thanks to Firefly "Temple of Bloom" will be opening on August 1st (hopefully) with a vibrant logo which we're utilizing as part of our marketing/branding strategy.

I'll soon be posting some pictures of the logo in use (our storefront, business cards, etc.), but the first piece that the public will see is a rather large advertisement I committed to several months ago in "Empower," a little newsletter being put together by the local chapter of ME3.org, a cool local volunteer organization. I threw it together in about an hour using MS Word 2007, and while admittedly I have my limitations, I think it turned out okay...

tobihorizontalcard.png

What'dyall think?

nav-logo.png

• 3 weeks later...

If I lived in Raleigh, I'd be giving you business, instead of my usual routine of giving you the business. The design is very nice; the logo is sharp, the wordmark complements it well, and the color selection is solid. The sign on the building facade is quite bland, but I would guess that's because of restrictions placed by the strip mall, so that all tenants' signs have a similar look to them. I wish you all the best on this, especially since you have the stones to be starting up a new retail business in a downturn, and because it's patently obvious to anyone here that the profits from this enterprise will promptly be funneled into the start of a new, sustainable, professional spring football league.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If I lived in Raleigh, I'd be giving you business, instead of my usual routine of giving you the business. The design is very nice; the logo is sharp, the wordmark complements it well, and the color selection is solid. The sign on the building facade is quite bland, but I would guess that's because of restrictions placed by the strip mall, so that all tenants' signs have a similar look to them. I wish you all the best on this, especially since you have the stones to be starting up a new retail business in a downturn, and because it's patently obvious to anyone here that the profits from this enterprise will promptly be funneled into the start of a new, sustainable, professional spring football league.

Once we get our FTD/Teleflora affiliations firmly in place, there's no reason you can't order from us - we'll be able through those affiliations to go virtually anywhere in the U.S., and a good bit of Canada as well.

nav-logo.png

Archived