The "Anti-homer" thread

Timaa

I absolutely can't stand that LMU has a custom typeface, yet uses a completely generic font for the baselines of the basketball court.

3268396.jpg

I've even voiced my opposition to this with the athletic department, but they keep telling me that they don't like the Y in the typeface. Well, tweak that if that's the case!

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gunna keep this one short and sweet.

Leafs: No hem-stripe. Should go back to '67 unis.

Blue Jays: Are they blue? Are they black? Who knows.

Raptors: I actually like the Raptors look, but I think the maple leaf on the back should be the claw logo.

Falcons: Need to go to back to red helmet.

g4104.png

I hated the Browns orange jerseys, and I'm glad they aren't using them anymore.

As for the Indians...I absolutely despise the "I" logo they have, I refer to it as the politically correct logo.

indians-1.gif

They need to get rid of this thing for good, from merchandise, uniforms, everything. I'd replace the "I" cap with the all navy Wahoo cap for their alternate uniforms.

And for the Cavaliers, I like their current uniforms, but I'm sick of them switching colors all the time. They went from Wine and Gold in the 70's, to Blue and Orange in the 80's, then Black, Light Blue, and a little Orange in the 90's, and now they are back to Wine and Gold, and they also added Navy to it. Just pick one set of colors and stick with it. You don't see too many teams change colors completely like the Cavaliers do.

T1oYViW.png

I reserve judgment on the 76ers until they actually show off the 09-10 uniform update, but if they're wise they'll be more "Detroit Pistons" in approach than "New York Jets."

What's wrong with the Jets, exactly? Frankly, I think they look fantastic.

I suppose I should do some on-topic ripping. So, the Blues. Really, I think I can only put it one way:

blues-jerseys.png

From possibly the best jerseys in the entire league to.... THAT. Meh.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I suppose I should do some on-topic ripping. So, the Blues. Really, I think I can only put it one way:

blues-jerseys.png

From possibly the best jerseys in the entire league to.... THAT. Meh.

I even like the red, "slanty" jerseys better than what they have now. Major downgrade.

Blues18.png

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Nationals: I'd like to see the patriotic hat lose the red bill and be all-blue. The BPs would look nicer if they had more gold in them.

Orioles: The "O's" hat is rather silly to me. This is Baltimore, not Oakland. Why not take the B from the lovely new road script and put that on a hat? Speaking of hats, I think that the Orioles could pull off a orange crown-black bill hat quite nicely.

Redskins: Two words: Spear alts. They need to be brought back, whether as alts or full-time jerseys.

Wizards: I don't care about not being red, white, and blue, but why did the gold alt go? I understand the black shorts weren't helping, but all gold could've worked. Also, you could put "Washington" (or the "DC" logo) on one of the jerseys. It's one thing when you're in Landover, but now you're in the heart of D.C.

Capitals: Add some gold (not unlike the Nationals), make a blue alt, and put the "Weagle" on it front and center.

D.C. United: The return of red shorts (for home or away) would be nice. Also, the lettering on the crest is too thin.

PITT: You've gone back to the old PITT moniker, good. Now, go back to the old colors and script logo, or at least pick a decent uni design and stay with it, instead of changing to the newest Adidas template you can find each year. And the panther head alt logo is horrid.

Pirates: Get rid of the red and the awful logo. Now.

Penguins: Currently they use one of the blandest RBK template designs. Come on, guys. Have some style. This is a team that up until now, never had a bad jersey (not counting these). As far as the vegas vs. old gold argument, I don't care either way. I don't like the blue alt, either, as it doesn't match at all, and was done away with a long time ago. I mean, I loved it when they used it in the WC, and even for the first couple times they wore it this season, but terrible luck while wearing them combined with a surplus of blue merchandise (the retro stuff is cool, but it was cooler when it was rarer) has caused me to kinda dislike it. And I think the robo pigeon logo should be brought back as an alt again. It was a solid main crest, but it was a great alt/shoulder logo IMO.

If I had to choose a design to go back to, I could be like most people and say go back to the cup-era jerseys, but id rather see something completely new. Seeing as though the season after this coming one will be the first year teams can change their jerseys, and the pens' first year in the new arena, I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a change in jersey design.

oBIgzrL.png

Duke basketball needs to take a cue from every non-lacrosse sport on campus and start dumping blue, stat. Go back to some form of the Duhon-era Duke blue roads.

I think the Braves could stand to both deemphasize the blue alts and add a bit more blue to the greys.

USF football needs gold pants. Right. Now. And, while we're at it...make the U green.

And for the Cavaliers, I like their current uniforms, but I'm sick of them switching colors all the time. They went from Wine and Gold in the 70's, to Blue and Orange in the 80's, then Black, Light Blue, and a little Orange in the 90's, and now they are back to Wine and Gold, and they also added Navy to it. Just pick one set of colors and stick with it. You don't see too many teams change colors completely like the Cavaliers do.

Vancouver Canucks are another example, although I think they finally have it right with their current alternate. Add a white jersey to match that and they're perfect. Time to get rid of the off-coloured orca and "VANCOUVER" script.

BC Lions: I absolutely love the Lions' unis and think the white on orange combo is one of the best in football. I think they could do without the piping on the chest/shoulders or whatever though.

Cubs: Don't wear the blue alt at home. The pinstripes are gorgeous. Keep the alt for the road and MAYBE Sunday games. Also, come up with a more interesting road wordmark than what you have now.

Bears: Retire the orange alt. I don't mind the white on white look, but the orange needs to go.

Blackhawks: ...can't think of anything. MAYBE get rid of the black alt, but replace it with the Winter Classic unis.

Liverpool: This is more of a complaint towards Adidas than the team, but get a new :censored:ing template. The red stripe on the away kit ruins an otherwise gorgeous uniform.

330zl3b.png

Blackhawks: ...can't think of anything. MAYBE get rid of the black alt, but replace it with the Winter Classic unis.

Apparently, that's the plan for this coming season. They're just going to add the C with the tomahawks to the shoulders.

Red Sox: lose the hanging socks sleeve patch, add placket piping on the red alternate, scrap the hanging socks alternate hat

Celtics: ditch the alternate uniform

Bruins: add hem stripes to alt uniform, remove spoked b from shoulders of alt uniform

Patriots: destroy every silver alternate jersey ever produced

just for clarification is Homer Simpson and Homer, author of the Odyssey not allowed to post in this thread. i'm just wondering...

Homer Simpson gives out red cards, he doesn't accept them. So yes, he's allowed in this thread. But, that fills the quota of one homer allowed.

homer_650.jpg

On to the major sports in the city:

Angels - stop the hesitance about using "Los Angeles Angels" in the stadium. The court ruling said that you can refer to yourselves as the "Los Angeles Angels," so long as the official name had Anaheim (a'la New York Football Giants). Throw Los Angeles on the roads, and get a more inspired font for the sleeve patch.

Dodgers - drop the LA from the sleeves. It's unneeded. I won't go as far as to demand that the front numbers be changed to blue. The red is classic.

Lakers - find a fabric for the roads that doesn't look like royal blue on TV. Also, go back to the Forum style floor, or at least redesign the baselines and paint the purple the current, dark shade as opposed to the old lavender that it still has.

Clippers - blow it up and start over. Get wordmarks that actually match the logo, find a more unique color scheme, and perhaps go more nautical, like bringing back the signal flag trim from the SD days.

Kings - drop the "Los Angeles" hem wordmark, and switch the crown and the shield logos again. I always thought that the shield logo was much better suited as a primary anyway.

Ducks - Use more orange than just a little stripe, and actually adopt a crest logo. I don't care if it's just the D, or an actual duck, but something.

USC - get rid of that funky script "Trojans," and adopt the interlocking SC that the baseball team uses, while using the football trojan for all sports.

UCLA - Color consistency. When you have one team using powder, navy, and metallic gold, and another using royal and athletic gold, you've got issues.

VmWIn6B.png

Yankees: Lose the white outline from the letters and numbers and lose the cuff on the road jersey.

Islanders: Go back to the "Dynasty Years" set full time. Including changing the blue to royal. Keep the current 3d as an alternate but correct the lettering to the way it should be on that jersey which is orange on white.

Kings - drop the "Los Angeles" hem wordmark, and switch the crown and the shield logos again. I always thought that the shield logo was much better suited as a primary anyway.

Ducks - Use more orange than just a little stripe, and actually adopt a crest logo. I don't care if it's just the D, or an actual duck, but something.

UCLA - Color consistency. When you have one team using powder, navy, and metallic gold, and another using royal and athletic gold, you've got issues.

Being that I'm originally from Philly, but my new adopted home is L.A., I think I can comment on some of these.

UCLA - gold vs. "yellow", where have I seen that before?

Ducks - I don't completely hate their overall look, but I agree with you completely. More orange, not a lot more, just some more accents, would be nice. If done with some class, maybe a 3rd orange jersey would work. The wordmark "crest" just isn't doing it for me. I think as soon as it was unveiled, most people were already wondering when that would get updated, similar to the Buffaslug disaster. Maybe they can try introducing an actual crest onto a 3rd jersey, and then see where it goes from there, as far as transitioning into the home and aways. They could create a whole new logo for the 3rd jersey, or they could just slap the alternate, webbed foot, "D", on an orange based jersey, and take it from there.

ljsvjjb9bbxvu8n54prrqsqrt.jpg

Kings - I may be in the minority in liking the new black, silver and white, 3rd jersey, but, I also do really like the old shield logo. I mean, who can resist a lion wearing sunglasses? I have zero photoshop skills, but I'd love to see what it would look like to put the old shield logo, sans the purple, onto the new 3rd jersey. I think that might be a winner.

kings_third_3_1.jpg

106.jpg

Archived