The "Anti-homer" thread

Timaa

Maple Leafs: Simplified Leaf logo and jersey with the retro-striped socks. Either change the sock striping, or change the logo back to the 64 point leaf. I've always thought that the striping pattern on the socks should match the jerseys, but that's just my feeling.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, you all know I am OBSESSED with GT. But many of you do not know that I absolutely HATE their colors (well, the way they use them).

Their athletic logos, using Athletic Gold and Black, are great. Those colors are perfect. BUT their unis and academic/institutional logos are Old Gold and Navy. FINALLY, their OFFICIAL :censored:ing COLORS are Old Gold and White. CHOOSE A COMBO, DAMMIT!!!

I wish their colors were athletic gold and black like Mizzou, Iowa, and the Steelers, but that will never happen, and it drives me insane.

[/rant]

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Ok, you all know I am OBSESSED with GT. But many of you do not know that I absolutely HATE their colors (well, the way they use them).

Their athletic logos, using Athletic Gold and Black, are great. Those colors are perfect. BUT their unis and academic/institutional logos are Old Gold and Navy. FINALLY, their OFFICIAL :censored:ing COLORS are Old Gold and White. CHOOSE A COMBO, DAMMIT!!!

I wish their colors were athletic gold and black like Mizzou, Iowa, and the Steelers, but that will never happen, and it drives me insane.

[/rant]

Lbr218:

Tech '89 here (masters in city planning). I agree about the incongruity in old gold, navy, black and white. I lot of the changes had to do with coaching changes-- Bobby Ross brought back the navy, Bill Curry had the black. A lot had to do with the rule in the 80s and early 90s about having to wear dark jerseys at home. Personally, I prefer that the predominant look be Old Gold and White, with navy used as accents, stripes or outlines only when needed.

And don't get me started on the use of "yellow" on tertiary stuff in place of gold on things like souvenirs and such.

My other anti-homer tiffs:

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS: Of course, need to have consistent shade of gold. Put a black-white-black stripe on the pants to match the helmet. Quit wearing all-black (and black leotards, for that matter),.

NEW ORLEANS HORNETS: Should have never gone with yellow for the numbers and lettering on the creole blue away jerseys. And they need to make the secondary "fleur de bee" logo the primary.

NEW ORLEANS ZEPHYRS: For goodness sakes, pine green and navy blue is just TOO DARK for a color combo. Lighten one or both -- the original kelly green and royal blue was BEAUTIFUL. And please get Boudreaux the Nutria off the main logo and caps. It's a freakin mascot, and has nothing to do with the team name, for cryin' out loud-- you don't see the Phillie Phanatic on Philadelphia's logo or cap, do ya?

LSU: Need to eliminate the thin yellow stripe between the white and purple stripes on the pants, to make them match the helmet stripe. And try to match the uniform purple to the helmet purple better.

It is what it is.

White Sox: If anything, add a little red outline a la the 50s uniforms. Find a way to emphasize white in the socks. I do like the old "flying sock" logo- a wing on the current diamond sock logo would look great, if done right.

Bears: No orange alt. I'm agnostic on white pants or blue with the roads. I'm one who likes all white football uniforms. Some don't. Not a hill worth dying on either way. I also prefer the current Bear logo to the old Ditka Bear.

Bulls: No shiny jerseys. No black jerseys. If Chicago is going to be on the road jerseys, it should be script- like the 80s. The Bulls are the only team I like that I have any real issue with.

NIU Football: put the NI on the helmet. Keep the home jerseys red.

I've got a good fan life aesthetically.

Archived