New Portland Winterhawks logo?

Frylock

So, as I am wont to do, I was cruising the Winterhawks website the other day, and they currently have this page greeting visitors as an attempt to sell ticket packages for the upcoming season...

TicketsMicroArt.gif

Naturally, my eyes wandered over to the hat...

grouphat.gif

What is this??? I have not seen this before, nor had I heard anything about new logos or merchandise, or anything! So because I can, I opened it in Photoshop and did what I could to flatten it out...

newhawkslogo09.png

It's kind of cool and menacing in a Zephyr logo way... FWIW, I haven't found any Zephyr hats with a similar logo, but I could have over looked it. But I really like the hawk-eyes staring me down, and the subtle "W" the eyebrows form.

Now, letting my twisted imagination run wild, I had to conceptualize how this would look on a sweater. Note, this is my concept and NOT an actual design to be worn or sold by the team...

pwh2009alt.png

If anyone hears/knows of anything regarding this logo, please share! If I learn anything, I'll certainly add to this thread.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

So, as I am wont to do, I was cruising the Winterhawks website the other day, and they currently have this page greeting visitors as an attempt to sell ticket packages for the upcoming season...

TicketsMicroArt.gif

Naturally, my eyes wandered over to the hat...

grouphat.gif

What is this??? I have not seen this before, nor had I heard anything about new logos or merchandise, or anything! So because I can, I opened it in Photoshop and did what I could to flatten it out...

newhawkslogo09.png

It's kind of cool and menacing in a Zephyr logo way... FWIW, I haven't found any Zephyr hats with a similar logo, but I could have over looked it. But I really like the hawk-eyes staring me down, and the subtle "W" the eyebrows form.

Now, letting my twisted imagination run wild, I had to conceptualize how this would look on a sweater. Note, this is my concept and NOT an actual design to be worn or sold by the team...

pwh2009alt.png

If anyone hears/knows of anything regarding this logo, please share! If I learn anything, I'll certainly add to this thread.

Perhaps Lewiston is having an effect on the rest of the CHL? Don't forget, too, that the WHL (and CHL) are switching to Edge jerseys this year and there will be no alternates. If this is to be a new sweater, it won't be for this season. But you knew that. As to the look of the concept, it certainly isn't worse than the 25th anniversary jersey. ;+)

Archived