Arizona State Football - New unis?

uah8tr

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ The black makes me think it is a bad fashion jersey to me, I have never seen an Arizona State athletic team wear any sort of black, at least not in the major sports. Hopefully nike isn't dumb enough to add black, which mixes hideously with the maroon, I think, and add their cookie cutter piping. My 2 favorite college teams are ASU and UGA...both teams have an incredibly simple design that makes them look excellent, and nike doesn't need to be messing with ASU. (Although I wouldn't mind if they dropped those drab maroon pants in favor of all the time gold).

Actually, the baseball and softball teams both recently added black unis.

PHP49E020CA67BAD.jpg3281461.jpeg

Thats why Im worried about these football unis.. that the black trend is going to start moving over into the other sports.

And I know these may not be the actual jerseys because theyre just replicas, but ive heard they will be something like this.

(Ive been on some of the asu boards, and some posters have said they have heard from players that they are going to look something like the ones being shown, but not exactly, like the arm striping or the piping is a little different.)

This is one of the things that gets me about replica jerseys nowadays. The sleeves on the replica look bad, because the number's way down at the bottom. Now, we all know that, on the field, the number's going to be roughly equidistant between the shoulder and cuff piping. So, on the replica, either center the number between the two, or bump the bottom piping up to where the "sleeve" would end on a pro jersey, approximately.

I agree. Football uniforms have evolved to the point where 40 out of 45 guys wear short sleeves, usually tight at least around the band.

They don't put sleeves on basketball uniforms just to make fans more comfortable or stylish, so why not make replica football uniforms closer to what has become the predominant cut?

It's getting to the point where a lot of the newer designs, which are designed to work with the shorter sleeves, look really bad on the longer sleeved replicas.

The 49ers new design would be the prime example of this.

from a purely aesthetics standpoint you're right, but I'm more worried about comfort. I like my t-shirts sleeves to stop about 1 or 2 inches above my elbow. This isn't 1995 and the age of the massive baggy t-shirt is over. I want a replica football jersey that fits my length, but also doesn't have 3/4 baggy sleeves. I would also like to achieve this look without having to buy a youth large.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's cool, guys - Spammy's on it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well imma have my dad talk to a coach down there and ill be sure to have this broght up

sure you do that sparky :rolleyes:

you know what gary ive been takin your crap for a while thru pms and all that :censored: but honestly i dont care about you so imma keep livin my life how i want to and you cant stop me so give up now cause its not doin anything

they should revove the yellow

like the asu grey baseball uniforms

If they remove the gold, than they wouldn't have official colors for their uniforms, Maroon and Gold

I REALLY don't think that's the new jersey. For a while I've been looking for some eBay soccer jerseys and I know how to spot a fake when I see one. That definitely seems fake.

It says it's a 2009 Nike jersey, which it probably is (made by Nike in 2009), sewn numbers right from Nike (no knockoff numbers, as in crappy material which many fakes have), that it's an authentic Nike jersey (which, again, it is), and that it has official logos and colors.

It may be all of those things, but the killer would be "2009 authentic Nike Arizona State jersey," since it doesn't say that, it's gotta be fake.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived