Los Angeles Clippers [uniform design up]

Conrad.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit that I like the old sails better. While the new ones are more like sails of a big ship, they kind of crowd the logo. Also, if you don't realize they are sails they are just a weird pile of stuff. The old sails are more abstract and dynamic and work better as a logo, even if you don't get the ship theme. Of those older my favorite is the one with gray, orange and sky blue.

Personally I like the updated feel of #2. I guess the triangular sails might be considered more dynamic, though, so 5 is cool too.

Why not the others:

1st--It's the sun; not the moon.

3rd--same problem

4th--sails look like the Japanese flag

6th--again, white sun

Wow, I agree on all points. I think I prefer #5's sails to #2 but that color scheme is he best.

87Redskins.png

Great final logo sheet. Definitely prefer red. I like the LA tertiary logo, and I think you could keep the LA in there. I'd like to see you drop the bottom two lines of the actual basketball though, and just have the LA make up those lines instead of cramming it between, if you know what I mean. Also make it the same line width, and you have a winner. Love to see some unis.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

The orange one all the way!

Agreed. The Red is okay but the red-orange kinda meshes the support of red and orange together, while as someone mentioned earlier, being unique color choice. Plus how about making the outter outline, which is currently sky blue,silver then making the Los Angeles term in the logo sky blue. Overall this is great Clippers concept, the best I've seen on the board.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Okay, I'm going to be different. If you were the Clippers and you were carrying around the historical baggage that they are, would you really only "tweak" your graphical identity?

I love your concept, especially the sails and the sun. But in my opinion the colors and the font should be completely discarded except for the light blue for the sky and the grey in your sails.

I would go to a color scheme with some dark shade of purple and a sea green. Maybe even a tan color somewhere. Something no one else has. As far as the font goes, I am kind of partial to "Flintstone Extended". "CLIPPERS" should be in all caps and "Los Angeles" should be upper and lower case.

If you will send me something I can play with in paint.net, like a jpeg, I'll show you what I'm talking about.

gregputnam@blueridge.net

Conrad, I am feeling your take on the Clippers brand and how it is shaking out so far.

The front jib sails are the way to go (you have that down!); not only are they "dynamic" but sleek as well. As for colors, I prefer scarlet and sky with a silver accent. [Red is very commonly paired with royal or navy; a scarlet/sky combo should be different enough. What's more, it just pops.]

A suggestion, though, regarding the secondary and/or the tertiary: the nautical flags are another element that can be revived in the brand; the "L" and "A" flags can be the centerpiece of either the secondary or the tertiary.

Cannot wait to see other elements, including unis! :)

[447]

thanks to all for the thoughts...I've attempted to fix the tertiary logo here, and also made the red a shade closer to claret (thanks, 447. i LOVE claret and sky blue and you gave me an excuse to apply it here ;)):

ClipsSheetClaret.png

Also, in reference to the maritime flags, I have other plans for them...I'll be working on some initial uniform designs here soon, so be on the lookout for that. :)

thanks to all for the thoughts...I've attempted to fix the tertiary logo here, and also made the red a shade closer to claret (thanks, 447. i LOVE claret and sky blue and you gave me an excuse to apply it here ;)):

ClipsSheetClaret.png

Also, in reference to the maritime flags, I have other plans for them...I'll be working on some initial uniform designs here soon, so be on the lookout for that. :)

You're new rendering looks really good. The scarlet is actually a good look, better than regular red. As for the LA in tertiary, as it's currently composed, it looks like an UA. I would suggest putting a thin red line to separate the L and the A to distinctly show both initials.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

not a fan of the uniforms. the concept of the striping looks like a copy-cat redo of the Hawks' uniforms...plus the blue piping doesnt flow with the red inserts...which makes it look awkward.

also, maybe I missed something/have ignorance...but I'm not sure what is going on with the shorts band. Even with justification, the little flag things dont look good./

The logos on the other hand are AWESOME! Simplicity with the uniforms needs to be your next goal.

Archived