Calgary Stampeder 60's CFL Retro uni's

browna

_MG_8298_1.jpg

http://www.stampeders.com/news_blogs/news/?id=3082

To be worn this Friday against Toronto.

Pretty similar, other then the striping, to the Alouette's retro jerseys. The big difference would be the gold pants and the logo-less helmet.

The bucking bronco logo is a classic on some of the other gear for sale, IMO should be on the alternate helmet the Stampeder already have (its got a stylized horseshoe on it). Overall, a nicely done set.

Is it just me, or are a lot of this year's retro jerseys starting to look the same? Off the top of my head, Winnipeg and Saskatchewan both have the same thin-thick-thin sleeve stripe going on.

Is it just me, or are a lot of this year's retro jerseys starting to look the same? Off the top of my head, Winnipeg and Saskatchewan both have the same thin-thick-thin sleeve stripe going on.

Has Winnipeg even unveiled them yet.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?s=...t&p=1189248

Plus, isn't the new white one meant to complement last year's navy one? And didn't that have the thin-thick-thin sleeve stripe?

Is it just me, or are a lot of this year\'s retro jerseys starting to look the same? Off the top of my head, Winnipeg and Saskatchewan both have the same thin-thick-thin sleeve stripe going on.

Plus, isn\'t the new white one meant to complement last year\'s navy one? And didn\'t that have the thin-thick-thin sleeve stripe?

Nope I don\'t think so, and I was really hoping there 60\'s retro would have looked more like this one

Frank_Rigney.jpg

Can\'t time an exact year of this photo but it\'s somewhere between 58\' and 67\'

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

_MG_8298_1.jpg

http://www.stampeders.com/news_blogs/news/?id=3082

To be worn this Friday against Toronto.

Pretty similar, other then the striping, to the Alouette's retro jerseys. The big difference would be the gold pants and the logo-less helmet.

The bucking bronco logo is a classic on some of the other gear for sale, IMO should be on the alternate helmet the Stampeder already have (its got a stylized horseshoe on it). Overall, a nicely done set.

I didn't know that Chamillionaire played in the CFL.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Β 

Also, even though we know what the Als throwbacks will look like, will they ever have an official PR about them? Heck, it is a throwback game this weekend @ Riderville.

Makes me think the Als are again dropping the ball on something like this.

Alouettes_roadsign.pngBlueJays_roadsign.pngExpos_roadsign.png

Plus, isn't the new white one meant to complement last year's navy one? And didn't that have the thin-thick-thin sleeve stripe?

Nope. Last year's was a 1950's style to commemorate the Mud Bowl, this year, the whole league is going 1960's style.

The funny thing is, about 4 years ago, the Bomber Store had ordered a bunch of 1984 white jerseys from the original manufacturer (Harv-Al in Winnipeg), and they looked a lot like these.

I still like what the Bombers did this year, though. I'll like it even better when they go to the royal blue and athletic gold for the 80s jerseys.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I like them.

They look a lot like ones I've seen pictures of--but I'd have preferred the grey/silver pants I've seen pictures of them wearing in the 60's--but other than that--nice--Looks natural on Thumper.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I like them.

They look a lot like ones I've seen pictures of--but I'd have preferred the grey/silver pants I've seen pictures of them wearing in the 60's--but other than that--nice--Looks natural on Thumper.

On a Stamps forum today a Stamps media guy said these gold pants were worn in the early 1960's...and the Stamps changed to silver pants later in the 60's and through the 70's. The club made the decision to go with the gold this year, as next year the CFL retro program will be the 70's, when the uniform will be with silver pants as it was all through the 70's (and 80's for the most part too).

And, these gold pants are different then the ones that were used for a few games a few years back.

Also, even though we know what the Als throwbacks will look like, will they ever have an official PR about them? Heck, it is a throwback game this weekend @ Riderville.

Makes me think the Als are again dropping the ball on something like this.

It's not just the Als, reppact. The entire release of these retros has been botched big-time.

A few weeks ago various CFL and related sites started selling tix to the retro games, with reference to merchandise going on sale June 23. But when you clicked on the merchandise link, it threw you to a page at cflshop.ca that had only one or two unis shown. That page (which can be found here: http://www.cflshop.ca/istar.asp?a=29&search=tres ) initially showed full jerseys, with numbers, for a couple of teams, unnumbered jerseys for a couple of other teams and plain white jerseys with question marks for a couple of other teams. Gradually other jerseys have appeared altho there are still only four numbered versions (home and away for Sask, home for Edm and away for BC) showing. And incredibly, two of the eight teams -- Hamilton and Toronto -- have never even been mentioned on this page. It is as if those teams don't exist.

Assuming that there are, in fact, going to be retro unis for all eight teams, the only explanations I can come up for this are:

1. The league has completely botched this. It's bad enough that all eight jerseys weren't unveiled at the same time (as was done when Reebok redesigned all teams' unis in 2005), but not having retros ready in time for Ham and Tor -- hell, not even leaving placeholders on the marketing page -- is simply incredible.

2. Toronto and Hamilton, unlike the rest of the league, control their own retro merchandise this year. That would go against the grain of the league's efforts to standardize marketing and merch, but it's possible. However, even if this is true, why the heck haven't Ham and Tor unveiled their retro unis yet? The first games they will be worn are this Friday and Saturday! What a wasted marketing/sales opportunity this has been, and very disappointing to those of us who were really looking forward to seeing the retros, especially for Toronto which had very ugly retros last year.

Ticats-60s-Retro-Jersey-Front-med-0.jpg

Oooooooooooooooooo.

Isn't that more '80s than '60s, though?

And when the hell did the Argos get rid of their web shop? Could have sworn it was there last season.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Got this from a Ti-Cats site:

Angelo_Mosca.jpg

I think the Cats did an OK job, but dropped the ball by placing the TV numbers on the shoulders. If its supposed to be a throwback jersey, get it right.

Most players don't have sleeves anymore, so what's the point?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived