NHL Winter Classic leak

Buffalo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bruins/Flyers @ Fenway...

Any guesses as to the throwback unis the teams will wear?

Maybe something like this....

winterclassicuniforms4.gif

That'd be a pretty sexy looking game.

Edit: Well, except for the Bruins stupid-ass socks. If they weren't an original six team their un-uniform "uniforms" would never fly around these boards.

Look for those Flyers WC jerseys to be the primary road jersey in '10-'11 (with the current fonts though.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

img removed

That'd be a pretty sexy looking game.

Edit: Well, except for the Bruins stupid-ass socks. If they weren't an original six team their un-uniform "uniforms" would never fly around these boards.

I would assume that since the flyers have a retro 3rd home, they would use that and the Bruins would be in white, like Buffalo two years ago. Or they just get throwbacks.

I'd suspect that you are mistaken, since the NHL would certainly want to market two new jerseys - an opportunity they wouldn't have if they just allowed the Flyers to use their now-regular home sweater.

Expect the white ones.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Bruins have enough black third jerseys. Bring back the yellow with a few tweaks here and there:

bos57.png

Change that shoulder patch to the one with "BOSTON" arching over the top, put it on both shoulders, and I'm dropping three hundred and some dollars on a jersey, while making all kinds of sticky in my bathing suit area.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Since the Flyers most likely will wear the white 70's (Because, what else would they wear.Seriously :therock: ) through backs, that pretty much confirms that the Bruins will wear dark uniforms.

And since their current jerseys are pretty retro looking ,maybe they'll go ultra retro and go with a modernized version of their 1920's-1930's duds...

Here is what I have come up with...

wcbruinsuni2.png

This uniform is loosely based off of the following...

Bruins01.png

wcbruinsuni1.png

This uniform is based loosely off of the following...

Bruins04.png

I wonder how much tickets atop the green monster will set you back.

And here is in my opinion the smart way for every one who buys a ticket for the winter classic to get the best view possible

-No use for the Center & Right Field seats the view would be horrible

-Build temporary bleachers in Center & Right

fenwaywinterclassic.png

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Since the Flyers most likely will wear the white 70's (Because, what else would they wear.Seriously :therock: ) through backs, that pretty much confirms that the Bruins will wear dark uniforms.

And since their current jerseys are pretty retro looking ,maybe they'll go ultra retro and go with a modernized version of their 1920's-1930's duds...

wcbruinsuni2.png

Bruins01.png

wcbruinsuni1.png

Bruins04.png

I like jersey set #2

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

winterclassicuniforms4.gif

I think there's little doubt that that will be the Flyers jersey that's worn, but the only thing that I would change/question about your mockup is the orange "A". I've seen a lot of different pics/video of the Flyers from the 70's and the color of their captain's letters seemed to vary quite often, but the only orange "A" or "C" I've seen has just been an outline. Here are both the orange and white jerseys, with different colored letters. As you can see, the orange jersey has both a black " C" and a white "C", and as we know, they chose to go with a white "C" for the current Flyers 3rd jersey. So, it seems like the Flyers have some options for what they'll go with, and that's a little detail that I actually look forward to checking out. Oh, and just another piece of nitpickery, unless Timonen or Gagne are injured, I don't think they'll take one of the "A's" away from them, and give it to Pronger.

orangeblackc.jpg

orangewhitec.jpg

whiteorangec.jpg

whiteblackc.jpg

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

I never understood the white C on the white jersey.

I have a white Mitchell and Ness authentic Clarke jersey, that even has the little tag that says 1973-1974 on it, and the "C" is solid black, so I don't know what to believe. I wasn't able to find a pic of Clarke wearing the white jersey with a solid black "C", so I don't know if my jersey isn't as "authentic" as it states, or what.

EDIT: Looks like McFarlane likes the orange outlined "C".

nhllegends4_bclarke_photo_02_dp5B15.jpg

wcbruinsuni2.png

Bruins01.png

wcbruinsuni1.png

Bruins04.png

Set #2 is really nice. I am guessing they will wear something from the era when brown was their primary color. I have been seeing more and more brown bruins stuff in the past year (really for the first time I can remember and I've been a bruins fan my whole life). I would think this would be their opportunity to really push brown bruins stuff to a whole new level and give them a wider range of options for gear.

Mel Bridgman 1979-80 wearing the orange "C". they only used this style for two seasons....78-79, and 79-80

53122103.jpg

Dorny sporting the black "C" 1973-74

jersey-dorny.jpg

Cool. Works for me. I guess that means my jersey isn't a fraud. And, I dig the orange letter, but I wonder if they'd rather go with something from the cup years.

Archived