Denver Broncos

rentz

tnsnfl-1.png

The Denver Broncos can be viewed in two lights: Cavaliers of uniform innovation, or a disaster that is already beginning to show its age. While Elway got his two Super Bowls while wearing the current threads, they have some fundamental problems... namely, they completely stole the Bears' color scheme. This wouldn't be as big a deal if they didn't make Navy their primary color. So, this design has returned the Orange Crush colors to their rightful place with the Denver Broncos.

For the logo, the new one is a very good logo. However, it never really said "Denver Broncos" to me... so I wanted to return to the old bronco in the D, blowing steam from its nostrils. That's Broncos Football! However, this logo was clearly outdated... so I took the design elements of that logo and the aesthetic of the new bronco and combined them. The Bronco is also no longer coming out of the middle of the D but rather standing in front of it. I think it allows the bronco to take more prominence. The D itself has been slightly altered, as the serifs come to a point. Wordmarks are pretty simple... I went with a serifed font to match their old wordmark, and the added some sharp edges to match the D. (Just noticed that I need to fix a point in the broncos mane in the secondary-- woops!)

blupd-1.png

The uniforms... the obvious change was to make Orange primary. The rest was more difficult. If you've been following this series, you probably have noticed I have a tendency to take one significant aspect of a teams logo or identity and run with it, making it a prominent feature on the uniforms-- the Sun for the Fish, the horns and "Power Ribbon" for the Bills, the hypocycloids for the Steelers. For this, I thought that the broncos mane was interesting and could be applied as striping, which is what the abstract stripes are supposed to resemble. They also are a bit of a compromise, as while the stripes they have now were at one point innovative, I feel its a bit much-- and I hate side panels on uniforms. I chose the number font because it was somewhat rounded and wavy, so I was trying to apply the aesthetic throughout the uniforms.

broncos.png

All C+C is appreciated.

Other Redesigns in this series:

Miami Dolphins: Logos Uniforms

Buffalo Bills: Logos Uniforms

Pittsburgh Steelers: Logos Uniforms

The stripe on the orange pants should end in blue rather than white, so that it's consistent with the orange jersey for when they (and you know they will) try monochrome with this set. That, and there's a lot of blue on the white jersey, but relatively little on the pants.

Also, you'll need a second set of white pants for the alt jersey, since the piping doesn't match up. Unfortunately, if you're going to have side paneling or piping on the jersey, it really needs to match up with the pants or it doesn't look right.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really like the logos, I was thinking of doing something similar in my NFL series, but yours is so much better. Also, I like the return to the lighter blue. I'm not really feeling the uniforms, just something about the striping bugs me.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Try a darker blue because the blue jerseys kinda look like they were made for Boise State. Also try using just the horse head as the logo and add some shadows to it.

I feel the same way, this looks like something Boise State would wear and since I'm not really old enough to remember this older Bronco look this colour scheme on a football uni makes me only think of Boise St.

I can't help but think that this looks too college football-y, namely Boise State...

The striping and the unusual number font in particular give me an amateurish, Nike-experiment gone wrong feeling.

The logos are fantastic, and the switch back to the royal blue and orange is a natural choice, so bravo on those. I just think that the NFL needs to look a little more professional than that, meaning no crazy fonts, and simple templates that say tradition and professionalism.

Great work none the less, those are just my feelings.

I think the return to the orange and royal blue is a HUGE improvement for the Broncos and disagree with the comments about Boise State, as this was Denver's primary color scheme for more than 25 years or more. I also like the return to orange for the primary with an option for a blue.

I agree with the previous post about the orange pants needing blue as the bottom stripe for consistency. I also agree that the secondary feels a little stronger of a logo right now, maybe make the horse a little more powerful or give it some sort of motion in the current primary and I think that would be an improvement. Regarding the "D" I am not sure how I really feel about that angle font. I would also like to see a small Broncos wordmark or maybe even the secondary logo at the v of the collars.

Lastly, I agree that the piping on the alternate pants not matching the jersey is a detriment.

Great job as usual!

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Yeah, in regards to Boise State the Broncos did have these colors for the greater part of their history so they're entitled to them I think. Besides, the blue jersey is just an alternate... I think the orange, which is primary, is different enough from BSU.

As for the logo not being muscular enough... I basically took the outline of the original logo and added shading and modern details. You can see the original here: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=461 I would agree that the updates give it a certain vitality it was previously lacking, so I understand what you guys are saying... I'll try to revise it.

Here's a quick uniform update. I fixed all the piping/stripe problems. My initial apprehension with the alt, is that the Broncos currently have two pairs of white pants, which is just silly in my opinion, so I was trying to avod that... one of the worst things about piping is how terribly limiting it is for uniform combinations. I also reduced the 'wavyness' of the striping, so that I feel it now is a lot less ostentatious while still giving the same effect--hopefully it's a little bit less Nike Horror Show. Also, the Bronco head is on the collar... it doesn't really look good here, because it's been shrunk, but I think on an actual jersey it'd be a nice touch.

broncos.png

I'll work some more on the logos, they should be up soon.

tnsnfl-1.png

The Denver Broncos can be viewed in two lights: Cavaliers of uniform innovation, or a disaster that is already beginning to show its age. While Elway got his two Super Bowls while wearing the current threads, they have some fundamental problems... namely, they completely stole the Bears' color scheme. This wouldn't be as big a deal if they didn't make Navy their primary color. So, this design has returned the Orange Crush colors to their rightful place with the Denver Broncos.

For the logo, the new one is a very good logo. However, it never really said "Denver Broncos" to me... so I wanted to return to the old bronco in the D, blowing steam from its nostrils. That's Broncos Football! However, this logo was clearly outdated... so I took the design elements of that logo and the aesthetic of the new bronco and combined them. The Bronco is also no longer coming out of the middle of the D but rather standing in front of it. I think it allows the bronco to take more prominence. The D itself has been slightly altered, as the serifs come to a point. Wordmarks are pretty simple... I went with a serifed font to match their old wordmark, and the added some sharp edges to match the D. (Just noticed that I need to fix a point in the broncos mane in the secondary-- woops!)

blupd-1.png

The uniforms... the obvious change was to make Orange primary. The rest was more difficult. If you've been following this series, you probably have noticed I have a tendency to take one significant aspect of a teams logo or identity and run with it, making it a prominent feature on the uniforms-- the Sun for the Fish, the horns and "Power Ribbon" for the Bills, the hypocycloids for the Steelers. For this, I thought that the broncos mane was interesting and could be applied as striping, which is what the abstract stripes are supposed to resemble. They also are a bit of a compromise, as while the stripes they have now were at one point innovative, I feel its a bit much-- and I hate side panels on uniforms. I chose the number font because it was somewhat rounded and wavy, so I was trying to apply the aesthetic throughout the uniforms.

broncos.png

All C+C is appreciated.

Other Redesigns in this series:

Miami Dolphins: Logos Uniforms

Buffalo Bills: Logos Uniforms

Pittsburgh Steelers: Logos Uniforms

IMHO I like the current helmet the way it is, I wish they would used Orange for their home jerseys, keep the Navy Blue instead of Royal Blue

Here are the logo updates... slightly increased the size of the Broncos legs. I put the secondary logo in the Denver script, which I felt was less busy. There is also a new Broncos script which will probably bee added to the uniforms.

blupd.png

Here are the logo updates... slightly increased the size of the Broncos legs. I put the secondary logo in the Denver script, which I felt was less busy. There is also a new Broncos script which will probably bee added to the uniforms.

blupd.png

I really like this one, a melding of the old and new. Gotta echo the comments about loosing the D from the secondary logo, not that there's anything wrong with it but as they stand the primary and secondary are so similar as to make no difference. If you're going to go to the trouble of having more than one main logo then I really feel there should be enough difference between the two that they are clearly different and can be used for specific purposes. Right now if the two were to appear in the same job or on the same page it could appear that someone has accidently left the legs off one by mistake.

The only other comment I have is about the jawline of the horse itself. It needs a little work, imo, the blue spiked shadow that sticks out the back needs to go and the semicircular part at the back of the jawline should actually overlap onto the neck by anything up to 50%. Right now the jaw is hanging off the front of the neck and not only is that anatomically impossible it's also making the head appear shorter than it does. Tweak that and I think you are onto a real winner with this one!

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I figured out what it is about the "D" that is bothering me. There is not cut out in it. Seems to me with the size of the Bronco you would see the cut out of the "D" or negative space if you will. I think either increase the size or orientation of the bronco or add the negative space of the "D" in.

**edit: I also love the updated wordmarks adding the secondary into the wordmark

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

blupd.png

The only other comment I have is about the jawline of the horse itself. It needs a little work, imo, the blue spiked shadow that sticks out the back needs to go and the semicircular part at the back of the jawline should actually overlap onto the neck by anything up to 50%. Right now the jaw is hanging off the front of the neck and not only is that anatomically impossible it's also making the head appear shorter than it does.

9erssteve

I agree with this comment and I'll add another couple. The reson that the jaw might look off is because the horse's nose is pulled down too far and the lower jaw is too short. The legs are still off, they have no joints and look like they've just been bent around like a hose. Next would be the mane, it looks pieced together rather than a flowing mane. Here are some reference photos.

443105642_f56405458d.jpg

crop4.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I'm certainly no expert on Horse Anatomy, so thanks for all the C+C about the horse. I've updated the logo some, hopefully it's a bit more anatomically accurate. I don't think the legs look as much like spaghetti now, as I've tried to make the joints evident and make the hooves more pronounced.

I don't think the mane is an issue, as it's more or less the same in the current logo, I was just trying to translate it.

In regards to the fact that there is no 'hole' in the D... that was intentional, I figured given the shape and the placement of the Bronco, it would be evident it is a D. However, I have tried a couple of other options, including adding the hole back and placing the Bronco within it, like the old logo. I don't know if they are upgrades, but I've included them anyway in case you guys do.

ubo.png

C+C welcome...

The middle logo has the most promise imo; however, it just looks a little incomplete, the D logo on your helmet is outlines in white and I am assuming the hole would be the same and that would be great, the way it is on that logo sheet the hole should be white outlined in blue. With that being said, I really appreciate the first logo as well without the hole, I just think the bronco needs to be moved to the right so it's more centered and it's less obvious that there is no hole (the bronco in the secondary is more centered and I think without the hole it really works on that one).

Hope I explained that well and hope you aren't tired of my endless posts.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Haha, don't worry about commenting, I'll take all the C+C I can get :D

Anyway, here's the updated logos, along with a new arched wordmark for the jerseys...

blupd-3.png

And here are the slightly modified uniforms.

broncoss.png

I included white monochrome because I thought that would be the only one that would look alright--especially with these colors. (Epileptics may not want to watch the Broncos in monochrome orange!)

I think I'm about through with this one... Part V will be one of the cats (Lions, Bengals, Jaguars, Panthers), which as a group have some of the weakest uniforms in the NFL.

C+C as always.

Archived