Personal Logo

chickenfish13

Hey guys. I recently decided to design a personal logo for myself. The idea is fairly simple, it's 2 c's forming an S, for Cscreative, which is my personal branding name. The colors are kinda based off davidsons, because for some reason I really liked the pink he had in the new personal logos he's designing, but the colors can be easily changed. Thanks.

personallogo-1.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice and certainly creative, but it feels a bit forced... your second c is backwards. Also I would center the two c's to make the width of the s even. Right now they are offset and as a result the top and bottom of the s is wider than the middle. Here's sort of what I'm talking about...

csc.png

Unless there's a reason for how it currently is I would change it, for legibility purposes.

It certainly looks familiar, and it does have some resemblance to my logo, but it's not that much.

I just think you could do better, to be honest. It's a pretty common application (I've seen a "c" formed into an "s" on SOOO many logos). Not really a fan of the font choice on the bottom.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

it feels kind of off balance and the negative space still isnt right.

you could do a million different things with this, i dont really think the first idea is often the best.

i just messed around for 20 minutes and came up with a few different ideas. if you spend some time

you could do the same.

csc.jpg

OK, thanks to Davidson for the inspiration. I took about 30-45 minutes and came up with 10 ideas. Not much to say about any of them, they all involve csc. The last one is much more abstract than the rest, but I kind of like it because it's different and creative. C and C please.

psloch.png

I don't know how (or if this could possibly help you...but it just might.

Anytime I see or hear the letters "CS" I automatically think CS gas...as in the gas pooped inside the gas chamber. (Blame it on being a soldier. :D ) For those who've never been exposed to it, it ain't the worst stuff in the world...but just imagine a snot-scented super concoction of bleach and ammonia. Yeah...

...Anyway, the paint splatter thing in your sig plus seeing the letters "CS" brought that back to mind. Personally, I don't really see what's wrong with the paint splatter...given the right color treatment, it can be quite expressive on its own. I actually rather like what you have now.

The tendency in this day and age is to go simplistic/abstract such as you've attemped to do here. Not that I mind it, except that it looks entirely too similar to chestnutz' personal logo. If i were you, I'd work with the paint splatter thing you have now...unless you've become bored with that and just want a change. (And if that's the case, I can completely identify with that...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The paint splatter thing wasn't really a personal logo, just kind of a background thing. I want an actual substantial personal logo, which I guess could be used in the paint splatter, in the same way that cscreative is now. Youre right Bucco, it was kinda just a temporary thing to show my portfolio, but not an actual logo.

If I could do anything more with it I might use it, and I might take a shot at it.

Any c and c on the 10 I posted earlier.

I actually think the middle-bottom row one in the latest update has potential. Could get some cool shadow effect going.

davidson, your 3-5 concepts reminded me of something I had been meaning to post, so thank you...

While looking at my iPhone yesterday, I realized how freakin' similar the shazam application logo (listens to a song then tells you name) looks very similar to what chickenfish's first concept is (and actually, exactly like davidson's 5th), exemplifying how overused the whole CS thing is.

logo.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Ya, I guess it is very common, that's 2 examples I've seen already. I actually hadn't ever seen any before, or maybe I had caught a glimpse of them, and they had been subconsciously in my mind while designing. Chestnutz, how would you suggest I could improve on the middle bottom row? Would it work as a simple one color, or does it need more? Maybe I could give it a kinda splatter affect?

I do believe the paint splatter thing is nothing more than an execution of this Heathenx tutorial.

Of your ideas, I like the 4th on on the top row. However, you don't have to do some interlocking design. You could go in a completely different direction as well, such as an icon or using letters in a different way.

I kinda like the bottom right on yours, chickenfish, but it just doesn't look right to me the way you have it. So I took that design, added a second color for the s, and shrunk the vertical proportions to make the letters look better. Here's that design with my tweaks:

csc.png

believew.jpg

I kinda like the bottom right on yours, chickenfish, but it just doesn't look right to me the way you have it. So I took that design, added a second color for the s, and shrunk the vertical proportions to make the letters look better. Here's that design with my tweaks:

csc.png

I like that. It looks really good. Also, your board name is chickenfish, so if you really wanted to, you could add fins and it could tie into your board name. Just an idea but I think it would look good.

g4104.png

OK, here is an update. This is kinda a combination of a couple designs that I've designed and liked. It's kinda abstract, but I think it's unique. I did one all lines, one all fill, and 2 different mixes. Also, I made a background that I thought I would show, having the logo as kind of a neon sign. Enjoy, C and C.

pslo3.png

pslobak.png

Archived