NHL 3rd Jerseys

Bmac

I am back with an update! I listened to some of the comments for the Devils and changed a few things. First off, let me say that I have added silver. In the first concept, is was just an accent color in the logo, but it is now used in the striping. The new striping pattern is silver/white/red/white/silver. The silver is thin, like in the logo. It is just an added accent color. You will also notice a new collar design. The pattern is now white/red/white, with the black of the jersey on either side. Finally, the logo is a bit different. I connected the D so that is looks more like a D. I also made it a bit bigger and re-positioned it and the circle. I think it looks much better. What are you thoughts?

devils2-1.png

I would love some feedback on this update. I will post either updates or new concepts later.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been working on some updates for the Rangers and I will start the Caps updates soon. But for now, here is a new concept. Now up: the Edmonton Oilers.

It looks like the Oilers are switching to their throwback 3rds as the full time homes next season. That would open up an opprtunity for a new 3rd jersey. They could easily just use their homes from last year as 3rds, but I don't think they are good. I would much rather see a new navy alternate. So that is what I made. It is a navy jersey that includes the classic Oilers striping. On the jersey is a new version of an old alternate logo. Gone from the color set is red. Navy, copper, white, and a hint of gunmetal are used. This jersey combines the classic Oilers (striping design) with a modern Oliers team (logo and colors). What do you think?

oilers1.png

C+C as always!

• 2 weeks later...

Adding the Anaheim Ducks. I went for a classic-themed jersey here. It is actually very similar to one of the first concepts I ever made, only better. The jersey feature a classic striping design on the sleeves and at the bottom. The logo is one I made a long time ago with the webbed D logo in a circle with Anaheim Ducks around it. I also made sure orange was not hidden on the jersey.

ducksuni.png

**Update**

The logo is modified from the original version.

ducks2.png

Adding the Anaheim Ducks. I went for a classic-themed jersey here. It is actually very similar to one of the first concepts I ever made, only better. The jersey feature a classic striping design on the sleeves and at the bottom. The logo is one I made a long time ago with the webbed D logo in a circle with Anaheim Ducks around it. I also made sure orange was not hidden on the jersey.

Put the Big D in the front and thats it!

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

All the thirds are too "same-ish" for my liking. It would be nice to see more variety than just three set of stripes and call it a day.

Wow, yes, looking back, every single concept has 5 stripes on the arms and I think every one falls under the category or "a-b-c-b-a". Let's see you change it up here and work on putting effort into making new templates.

All the thirds are too "same-ish" for my liking. It would be nice to see more variety than just three set of stripes and call it a day.

Wow, yes, looking back, every single concept has 5 stripes on the arms and I think every one falls under the category or "a-b-c-b-a". Let's see you change it up here and work on putting effort into making new templates.

I have an Avalanche template I have been working on for weeks now. It's brand new. Stay tuned.

Now up: Florida Panthers

For the Panthers, I think the obvious choice is a red jersey. So I put together a new template for this red jersey. I made a design that is supposed to reflect a panther "scratch" design without over-doing it. The logo is the alternate Panther breaking a hockey stick logo. C+C as always.

flapanthers.png

That Ducks jersey is quite nice, and I'd be more than happy to see them take to the ice in something like that.

But the only thing I find disappointing is the logo. Not that I'm against the idea of a Minnesota style circle logo, but the large amount of white space behind the D makes it feel quite dull. My only suggestion for that would be take make it orange, and/or increase the size of the D, even if it has to overlap the edges of the circle.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

How does this reflect a panther scratch? Have you ever seen a cat scratch? Don't claim a design motif has a specific purpose if it doesn't, that's very patsox.

The jersey doesn't look bad, but the hem template is a little weird and the yellow piping would look better if it were thicker. I would prefer a more straight edged template here that looks more like the pre edge template, just with the same striping scheme seen here. Or come up with a new hem design and reverse the stripes on the arms so it curves the opposite direction and fits together more cohesively at the top where the back and front meet.

Time for an update. I want to get a little more feedback on the Panthers before I update it. But I did make a change for the Ducks.

The logo has been modified so that the webbed D is bigger and overlapping the circle slightly. Idea thanks to wildwing64. The jersey is the same, classic design.

ducks2.png

Archived