NHL 3rd Jerseys

Bmac

How does this reflect a panther scratch? Have you ever seen a cat scratch? Don't claim a design motif has a specific purpose if it doesn't, that's very patsox.

The jersey doesn't look bad, but the hem template is a little weird and the yellow piping would look better if it were thicker. I would prefer a more straight edged template here that looks more like the pre edge template, just with the same striping scheme seen here. Or come up with a new hem design and reverse the stripes on the arms so it curves the opposite direction and fits together more cohesively at the top where the back and front meet.

Well, I guess my scratch effect didn't trun out with this design. I would take this template design further, but I want the scratch idea to work. So I'm going back to the drawing board with a new template for the Panthers. Stay tuned!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for a Panthers update! This one turned out much better. The idea was to use a panther claw scratch design without over-doing it, combining it with a clean look. I believe with this new design, that is exactly what I have done. On the sleeves of the jersey are scratch designs. The striping pattern on the end of the sleeves reflects the scratch design. The design at the hem of the jersey is supposed to keep the whole jersey classic, combining it with the new scratch design. The "panther breaking hockey stick" logo is on the chest. C+C is much appreciated.

panthers3rd.png

1. I'm sorry, those don't look like scratches at all. Some things you just can't really do abstractly. This ends up looking like those arced pulse things coming out of the CBS sports logo. Google images will help, as well as a Hartford Wolf Pack alternate which is easily viewable right now on icethetics. Two other images that will help are Roger Clementes panthers concept, which inspired me to do my own concept with slash marks, I won't like to it b/c I'd feel like a d-bag.

2. Don't c+c your concepts before you even post them, saying they are nice or better or whatever just digs you a hole because this last update happens to be worse. C+c is our job.

P.s. Those end of the arm stripes wouldn't be visible with hockey gloves on.

While I let the Panthers update sit, I'm gonna post two new concepts. I am posting 2 at this time for a reason: they are just modified from the current 3rds. These two teams have 3rd jerseys already, but I think they could both be a little better. The first is the Sabres. The jersey the Sabres released last year is good, but not perfect. So I eliminated some of the original design elements and added shoulder patches. I also darkened the blue slightly.

sabres3rd.png

The second team is the Black Hawks. Last year, the Hawks wore a black version of the home and road jersey. This year, they are reportedly wearing the Winter Classic jerseys from last season as their 3rds. IMO, both jerseys are nice, but neither is perfect. With my new concept, I combined the two. The regular striping pattern is used, but a circle logo is on the chest. It is not the same logo from the Winter Classic jerseys. I made a new logo for the Black Hawks. It combines the old style logo with current elements. Here it is.

blackhawks3rd.png

C+C. I don't expect too many comments on these two, as they aren't very original, but I wanted to get them out there. I still want some feedback on the Panthers set before I move on to the next team.

As I said before, I didn't expect the last two teams to get any comments. So, moving on. This is one that I have been wanting to release for a while. I began work on this concept weeks ago, finally finishing the template this past week. The team: the Avalanche. When I first came up with the design, the idea was to have it look like snow on the end of the jersey. That would be the white parts of the sleeves and the hem. I also wanted to combine a classic look with a modern design, thus the diagonal Colorado script is used. C+C as always!

avs3rd.png

so its their old design without the black...

Im sure you have seen their old third, its the same thing.

The only thing the same from the old jersey is the main color and the logo. It is a complately new design.

4737.gif

Exactly, completely new design. The only things the same are that it is maroon, it has the Colorado script, it has a tie-up collar, and the numbers are the same. The design is completely different.

the colorado script is a complete rip-off of the rangers, which is why most people didnt like it. i think you should think of a completely brand-new third for da avs, b/c the one you have now is much too similar to a jersey most people didnt enjoy.

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

H.H.H. Metrodome - The greatest dome in the history of Minneapolis.

the colorado script is a complete rip-off of the rangers, which is why most people didnt like it. i think you should think of a completely brand-new third for da avs, b/c the one you have now is much too similar to a jersey most people didnt enjoy.

You want people to take you seriously, yet you type like that?

Anyway, bmac, I'm really enjoying your series so far. I'm really liking the Sabres and Avs jerseys especially. Your Blackhawks jersey is also very similar to one that I'll be unveiling in my redesign. Keep up the good work, buddy.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived