Dwyane Wade switches from Converse to Jordan

nugent4president

Wade moves from Converse to Jordan

Seems to be a good move for everyone, even as a move within the overlording Nike family. Now, does anyone know how/if this will affect Marquette? I always understood their switch to the Converse brand a couple of years ago was because of Wade. Does this mean that we will have another Jordan school? As of now, I think the only ones right now are UNC, Georgetown and Cal after Cincinnati bailed by going to adidas, but I could be wrong.

ducks-large.jpg

So now Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul, and Carmelo Anthony all wear Jordans?

I like this move. It really benefits everyone, except the Converse brand [which is of Nike anyway.]

This way Nike will probably sell more shoes, and hopefully D-Wade won't have cheap looking shoes anymore.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Hopefully the Jordan brand's designers can come up with a better looking signature shoe for Wade than Converse (the first playoff editions were nice, then it went down a very steep hill). But, from the looks of the Melo line, its not looking very good.

Wade-sig.png

This line almost seems to make it not matter...
Still, the lure of the Jordan brand -- a 12-year-old division of Nike, which also owns Converse -- was too much for Wade to ignore.

"Overlording" indeed. Not that I have anything against 'em.

Neither do, I it's a classic. How many times did a Nike endorsee, player or team, switch to a brand they just bought out??

Not to hijack the thread, but since it is about shoes, somebody might know.

Since Coach Cal has landed at Kentucky, what shoes will they wear this season?

Any changes to the uniforms? I hope they ditch that ugly black uniform.

This is a good move for Wade, but sucks for my brothers company, since Converse is their number one client and they market Wade constantly. Bummer.

Anyway, do you guys think Converse is going to try to market a big name player now, possibly a rookie of a high caliper? I only know of Kirk Heinrich and Elton Brand that still wear converse, although I'm sure there are others.

This is a good move for Wade, but sucks for my brothers company, since Converse is their number one client and they market Wade constantly. Bummer.

Anyway, do you guys think Converse is going to try to market a big name player now, possibly a rookie of a high caliper? I only know of Kirk Heinrich and Elton Brand that still wear converse, although I'm sure there are others.

Agreed. So who will now take over as Converse's main man? Jameer? Elton?

I like Marquette's jerseys... I hope they just switch the logos from Converse to Jordan.I think only 3 teams wear Jordan now UNC, Georgetown and Cal. The teams that use to are St Johns (Nike), Cincinatti (Adidas), and NCA&T(Russell)

Perhaps adding someone from this year's draft class might be a good idea. Highly-marketable guys like Blake Griffin and Stephen Curry are still unsigned I believe, and I have heard that already-loaded companies in Adidas, Nike, RBK, etc don't have the money to add these guys. Converse, meanwhile, will have loads of money to shell out after D-Wade ousts his contract with them.

Wade-sig.png

Archived