New England Patriots -updated primary-

rentz

This has the feel of a WFL, USFL, WLAF feel to it, and that's good. I like the direction this is going, but instead of having normal stripes on the helmet, then have the flag come up and taper towards the back. The use of 13 stars is perfect as it symbolizes the Revolutionary war. I'm trying to figure out the pants, maybe blue both home and road, or no stripes, or maybe do the tapered look on the pants. The one thing that just doesn't fit are the UCLA stripes, again maybe creatively taper them or something. I have to say this is the best of your concepts so far. This works because the only thing you kept from their look is the colors.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments guys.

As for the primary logo...I'm working on it. I don't know if anyone has ever tried to update Pat the Patriot... but it's very difficult. I've also tried some original logos to no avail. So while I may come up with something, just consider Elvis the primary, by default though he is absent from the uniforms.

As for the design... I'm sorry, as I know several people had legitimate criticisms about the design, but this is probably my favorite concept I've made, and I really like most of what I've done. I think the helmet is analogous to the Vikings', Rams' and Eagles', or perhaps more accurately, the Bengals'. To the impaler: the reason the perspective is off is because I'm using Inkscape which lacks skewing and perspective options, so that may be why it looks off.

Personally I really like unique cuffs and collar designs, and think they can help bring a uni together. Exhibit A- my Noles, which I think have great, understated collars. While the stars may be a little gaudy, this whole series is about bringing new things to the NFL.

To avoid a star-overload, I've nixed the stars on the pants. Other than a few subtle changes, not too much is different with this update, but I am introducing a alternate red uniform.

patriots.png

I'm sorry, I really try to integrate C+C into my concepts, but I'm just sort of attached to this one, you know? :P Nonetheless if you have any ideas or comments, I will take them into consideration.

Here's a new primary logo. I don't know if it would be somehow politically incorrect, but I tried to convey a battle-worn flag, sort of a star spangled banner type thing. It's a little rough and needs a bit more work, but you get the picture.

newenglandl-4.png

Also, I would be willing to switch to a helmet with this logo if you guys prefer it.

C+C as always.

As for the design... I'm sorry, as I know several people had legitimate criticisms about the design, but this is probably my favorite concept I've made, and I really like most of what I've done. I think the helmet is analogous to the Vikings', Rams' and Eagles', or perhaps more accurately, the Bengals'. To the impaler: the reason the perspective is off is because I'm using Inkscape which lacks skewing and perspective options, so that may be why it looks off.

Not true! It actually has both. Skewing is really simple, just click the bounding box once as you would to rotate the object, but drag the arrows on the sides; not the corners. Perspective, you have to draw a 4-sided box starting from the bottom left using the Bezier tool, in the shape of how you want the object to be skewed, if that makes sense. Then shift-click the box and the object, and go to Effects > Modify Path > Perspective. It is a little bit tricky, but it makes sense. If you need any help, I will show you visually.

Good work on the concept, it is really great! I just wish you would tone down the watermark a little. (read: a lot) There is so much going on between the watermark, concept, logo, and background pattern I can't really see it well. Also, I think the shoulder stripes should go all the way around. The new flag logo is really, really great. I do think the blue portion of the flag should extend one more row down, though. On the helmet, I really like how the stripes extend in the curvy fashion but I'm having a hard time thinking that they shouldn't just stay straight and be more unified with the rest of the jersey.

I wouldn't switch to that new logo, I'd just refine the idea you started with, because I think it's great and is very close to being spectacular. It looks fantastic from the sides, there's just something about the way the stripes flow from the front into each other that needs some tweaking.

The new flag logo is okay, but if you're going to keep it I'd say fix the canton (blue part) as it's much to small right now, and correct the number of stripes.

In general, I think your most recent post looks wonderful. Just see if you can find a way to make those stripes flow more smoothly.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Thanks for the comments guys (and technical support!) I suppose my inkscape knowledge is a bit more rudimentary than I had thought haha. I'll try that out thanks.

And sorry about the watermark, I've just recently made a personal logo and wanted to watermark my stuff to legitimize myself, but looking at it now it's definitely intrusive and I'll tone it down a bit. It's a bit less on the logo; is that more reasonable or should it be less than that? (Edit- I've toned it down some, I can barely see it so it should be alright)

I may try to add the correct 13 stripes to the logo again, but when I tried it was a bit too busy... I'll try again though.

Here's a new primary logo. I don't know if it would be somehow politically incorrect, but I tried to convey a battle-worn flag, sort of a star spangled banner type thing. It's a little rough and needs a bit more work, but you get the picture.

newenglandl-4.png

Also, I would be willing to switch to a helmet with this logo if you guys prefer it.

C+C as always.

thats a great idea. good job

Love the new logo, as previously stated the blue area needs to be larger. I think you can get away with leaving the stripes alone though. One other suggestions would be to scale the pole down a little, seems rather large.

RE: the uniforms, I liked the pants better with the stars and think you should stay with the original helmet as opposed to the one with the new primary. The new primary may actually look good on the sleeves or maybe where you had the stars on the pants?

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Well, the logo was a convergence of ideas really... I was trying to come up with a monogram (NE) logo and a primary conveying something about the "patriots", and this one solved both.

Anyway, here's an updated primary... aside from minor things like line width adjustment, it now bears the 13 stripes a proper flag should:

newenglandl-5.png

All C+C appreciated... updated unis + helmet should be up soon. So, the consensus is keep the flag helmet? Also, that's a pretty good idea Impaler, I may try putting the flag where the stars were.

I think what's making it look awkward as the helmet logo is the flag pole attached to it. Try a version without and see how it moves you. Also, I think I'd like to see a thicker blue stroke around the flag...but all in all, that's an extremely creative execution. I don't think I would have ever thought of trying something like that. Kudos.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived