Dubai Buruj, Randyc's WFA team

fkaKrock5cent

REVISIONS ON PAGE 3!

Hello all. I haven't posted here in awhile. Hope this post finds everyone well!

Anyway, on to the concept. The Dubai.... Buruj? First off, what in the wide world of sports does Buruj mean? That's what I said to myself when I saw Randyc's thread in the request thread. Buruj is the plural of towers in Arabic and the team was named as a tribute to the growing city of Dubai and it's famous towers mainly, the Burj Dubai, which now stands as the tallest building in the world though it has yet to be completed. It was his request that the logo involve the Burj Dubai however he didn't have any specification on color so I had free reign there and I wanted to capture the beauty and fineness that is seen in the towers built in Duabi. I think that's one area this set still needs work.

dubaislick.png]

(Here's a link to the Dubai Burj http://stock360.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/burj-dubai.jpg )

The uniforms

I had this idea to have two lines intersecting and making some sort of oval like shape but I couldn't get it too look right. Then I decided to look at what Hawaii did with their trademark pattern and how they used it (before the UA takeover) and used that as my inspiration for this set.

Anyway, here are the uniforms for the WFA's Dubai Buruj!

dubaiunis-1.png

(Yeah, there's an all black alt. it's kinda just something to mess around with)

That's enough from me! thanks for viewing!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uniforms I like, it has a nice edge to it. But the Black Alt, I would seriously think of adding silver or white to the diamonds and numbers. Also I would lose either the building or the D, they clash. Make one of them bigger. If you are to add the D, add a diamond in the middle just like the wordmark.

To incorporate the D better, maybe use the Building as the stem, and a crescent moon or something for the curve. I also think the purple should be a bit more purple. Right now it looks pretty blue to me.

spacer.png

I would:

Make the Tower the straight part of the D.

Switch the black and silver on the sleeves on the primaries.

On the black one, add alittle purple. Perhaps an equally as thin purple outline to the numbers, and the sleeve stripes.

Actually, id make the helmet and pants black. I think you'd be better off with more black than silver.

oBIgzrL.png

I would:

Make the Tower the straight part of the D.

Switch the black and silver on the sleeves on the primaries.

On the black one, add alittle purple. Perhaps an equally as thin purple outline to the numbers, and the sleeve stripes.

Actually, id make the helmet and pants black. I think you'd be better off with more black than silver.

I second all of what Maz said. The D on the helmet is going in the right direction, but if you made the tower the straight part of the D and increased the size of the logo as a whole, it would improve your idea.

Alright.

So here's what I'm taking away from the C and C thus far is:

- Make the tower the straight part of the "D" (Should I use the current font for the straight part of the D or something different?)

-Play around with the colors on the black alt. (Thanks for not shooting that idea in the face before even looking at it, that might be something very cool once this is all said and done)

Maz/AS21 I'm kinda set on the sleeve colors, i think. I like how they tie together the pants which allow for a nice touch both at home and on the road.

I didnt notice the diamonds wrapping around the legs. I think theyd be better off going down the side. As for the black, the fill-in of purple looks nice, though I think the double outline with black fill wouldve kept the sleek trendyness of the original design, while spicing it up a bit.

And Id like to reiterate my suggestion of switching the black with silver. Mostly-silver just doesn't seem right, especially with an all-black alt.

oBIgzrL.png

I didnt notice the diamonds wrapping around the legs. I think theyd be better off going down the side. As for the black, the fill-in of purple looks nice, though I think the double outline with black fill wouldve kept the sleek trendyness of the original design, while spicing it up a bit.

And Id like to reiterate my suggestion of switching the black with silver. Mostly-silver just doesn't seem right, especially with an all-black alt.

I'm working that issue tonight. I'll try adding a trim, not so sure how it'll pan out but it's worth another shot.

Also, I'm thinking an interlocking DB for another logo idea. Visualizations to come later.

The logo is very tall! A logo reads better if it is more horizontal. Try something to help it become more horizontal.

Yeah, I think that's why I might go with the idea of making the tower a part of the D. Also, what do you guys think about changing the colors to sand and brick red?

Yeah, I think that's why I might go with the idea of making the tower a part of the D. Also, what do you guys think about changing the colors to sand and brick red?

Either that or make the D a little bigger so that the tower is contained within it with a little of the tip peeking out. Can you add a little shadow to the building so that it doesn't look like a line drawing? Imagine the sun on one side. That would make it more of a logo for me. I wouldn't mind seeing the colors changed to sand and brick red, it could add something.

Keep on developing this, I can see the potential.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Either that or make the D a little bigger so that the tower is contained within it with a little of the tip peeking out. Can you add a little shadow to the building so that it doesn't look like a line drawing? Imagine the sun on one side. That would make it more of a logo for me. I wouldn't mind seeing the colors changed to sand and brick red, it could add something.

Keep on developing this, I can see the potential.

Ok, so do you mean the shape of the logo it's self or the shading of it? I'm sorry but I'm kinda new at this.

Keep the building just how it is, just add shadow. If we imagine the sun is on the right of the tower, thicken the black vertical outline on the left of the tower. Since the tower has so many section jutting out, you'd have to use this technique for each of those sections. This will make it somewhat 3-D and will add visual interest.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Keep the building just how it is, just add shadow. If we imagine the sun is on the right of the tower, thicken the black vertical outline on the left of the tower. Since the tower has so many section jutting out, you'd have to use this technique for each of those sections. This will make it somewhat 3-D and will add visual interest.

Ok I think I see what your saying. Would using gradients to illustrate this, or just a darker line and colors to one side?

Edit; Here's what a D logo might look like

dlogo.png

Would using gradients to illustrate this, or just a darker line and colors to one side?

Don't ever use gradients, they are the work of the devil. The "D" logo looks pretty sweet.

That was my first instinct but I wasn't sure, thanks for clearing that up (I'd expect undead to be an expert on the work of the devil :P)

I think I'll vector the D logo and see where this goes from here.

Here's an updated logo slick

- Changed colors to Brick Red and Sand Tan

- Made the tower the straight part of the D from the wordmark

- Flipped Building logo

- Changed the helmet to reflect the modifications above

dubaislick-1.png

Just a thought, but what if you were top leave the vertical part of the D on the font, but overlay the tower on that part. The D just doesn't look solid.

Archived