2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heroes have graced the field before you. Men with hearts, bodies and minds of which the entire Bulldog Nation can be justifiably proud. The tradition of unbridled excellence demonstrated by these individuals and many others spans more than a full century.

And now a new breed of Bulldog stands ready to take the field of battle. To assume the reigns of their Georgia forebears and continue that tradition understanding that there is no tradition more worthy of envy, no institution worthy of such loyalty as The University of Georgia. As we prepare for another meeting between the hedges, let all the Bulldog faithful rally behind the men who now wear the red and black with two words - two simple words - that express the sentiments of the entire Bulldog Nation.....

GO DAWGS!

Also what is the NY sticker on the back of Syracuse's helmets mean?

New York :P

Seriously though, I know that Michigan State put an outline of the state on the back of their helmets to represent something lame like "giving educational opportunities to students across the state" or something dumb like that...maybe it's something similar?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Also what is the NY sticker on the back of Syracuse's helmets mean?

New York :P

Seriously though, I know that Michigan State put an outline of the state on the back of their helmets to represent something lame like "giving educational opportunities to students across the state" or something dumb like that...maybe it's something similar?

It's part of their "New York's College Team" campaign, along with ads like these hours away from campus in New York City and Long Island:

340x.jpg

Very early observations:

1- Iowa switched to FieldTurf. WTF? Looks very odd and another major state school with Ag (turf management) majors

2-Minnesota needs gold pants. White on white looks bad on them.

3-Sorry Stewart Mandel, but Pat White may have been better than Tim Tebow or Vince Young. Using 'fantasy" stats don't tell the story.

4-Akron will open a new stadium next week, but the name is forgettable, like the team. InfoCision Stadium- Summa Field.

5-I cannot believe I missed actually hearing "Rocky Top" until today.

Paulus is looking amazing, he is leading this horrible 'Cuse team from being down 14-3, and just took the lead 20-14 just before half. His pocket presence is amazing, does not get rattled under pressure and has a great touch on the ball. 12-17 127yds and a td in the first half, very impressive.

saBS.png

Not to mention that Iowa is down 10-3 against Northern Iowa. I knew the running game was going to suffer after seeing Greene go to the NFL and Hampton going down for the season, but come on. I hope the first half was an abberation.

Also of note...

-Well, it seems that after five years of not playing football, Greg Paulus still has the touch. Now, will it be enough to beat Minnesota? Probably not... The Gophers are a far better team on offense and that'll show in the 2nd half.

-The first game for Kid Smirk and Tennessee was a slow start, but with a FBS newbie like WKU, the Vols ought to name their score here. Come to think of it... Penn State and Northwestern at this point can name their scores as well.

Penn State 31 Akron 0 at the half.

If I were still in school this is one of the games you'd leave at during halftime and grab a good table/seats at a bar for the 2nd half/rest of the day festivities.

Instead I'm going to play frolf w/ a couple of friends now. Besides, I don't get the B10 Network here anyway...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

So...this is Kirk Ferentz's last year in Iowa City, right?

Seadragon, does UNI have a commercial like

so as to properly loop and laugh at Iowa with?
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived