22. Eastern Washington 5-3

23. Massachusetts 4-3

24. Liberty 5-2

25. Colgate 7-1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FCS Rankings as of 10/26/09

FYI, let us know when any stock goes up 3/16 in your dad's 401(k), or 403(b)in his case as an employee of a public entity. That is more important than any FCS rankings before the playoffs are announced.

spammy, The Temple Owls have won five consecutive games, including four in the conference, and have a one-game lead in the race for the East Division title. That's news!

I wish I could punch the NCAA in the face. Suspending Bryant for the rest of the season for lying over a minor infraction? You would think he completely embarrassed all of college sports by lying to receive such punishment. Just an absolutely way for his college career to end, since he will declare for the draft anyways.

I wish I could punch the NCAA in the face. Suspending Bryant for the rest of the season for lying over a minor infraction? You would think he completely embarrassed all of college sports by lying to receive such punishment. Just an absolutely way for his college career to end, since he will declare for the draft anyways.

He clearly violated more which a regular university may have been suspended for:

OK State Student Conduct webpage

Most of what he may have really violate in terms of the school, which they covered up, occurred here:

OK Stete Conduct Polity

There is always more to the story than what's "reported."

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Hey! Indiana beat a nationally ranked team!

Oh, and let's hear it for Tuesday night ESPN2 college football. The incompetence on the field and in the booth is mesmerizing. The broadcasters do not want to be in Monroe, LA and aren't bothering to hide it. Or their general suckitude.

How they've escaped termination boggles the mind.

Tonight, would you want to be in Monroe, LA? I think they picked Shawn King since he played at Tulane and Rob Stone...well he will work everything.

Nice parabolic mic pick-up, "Where are the ball boys?"

Was that Wade Phillips?

No, but I might reconsider if I saw their pay for doing this. That said, they have been ridiculing some sports and leagues that have contracts with ESPN, which last I checked, does not bode well for future employment.

Indeed, it doesn't.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's good to see the ACC has gone delightfully stupid again this year.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Let's see what's in the ol' crystal ball...

-Someone forgot to tell Iowa that they must play every game like it means something. Why? Indiana is up 21-7 on the 4th ranked Hawkeyes at the half in Iowa City.

-Ohio State has pulled out an onside kick and a reverse pass on semi-hapless New Mexico State in taking a 28-0 lead at the half there.

-Cincinnati is in a dogfight with always stubborn Syracuse as the Bearcats lead 21-7 in the 3rd quarter.

Can we please stop pretending that Ben Chappell is a good quarterback now?

EDIT-that said, the officials and their partisan "rulings" have pretty much hit bull :censored: status.

Today, we are all otaku.

ACC now maw may mean All Cheat Conference. I wonder if they are still trying to get away with this.

ACC on Trick Plays

According to NCAA rule 9-2-2-b: ?No simulated replacements or substitutions may be used to confuse opponents. No tactic associated with substitutes or the substitution process may be used to confuse opponents.?

My football organization uses NCAA rules, but I don't get where the infraction happened. From what I know of that rule, I understand its intent, but it's primarily applied during no-huddle situations. If the offense makes subs during a no-huddle, it must give the defense time to sub as well.

Also, subs entering the field must be inside the 9-yard marks (approximately the location of the yard line numbers) at some point before the ball is snapped. You can't just step off the sideline onto the field before the ball is snapped.

Reading the account of the play in question, it doesn't appear that Clemson violated anything, except maybe the "spirit" of the rule. A sideline official would be able to observe the subs coming in and out. If the wideout remained on the field, and no sub for him came on, there's no issue. It's not Clemson's fault if Georgia Tech wrongly assumed that player was leaving the field. One figures a defender would be following the receiver from the huddle to his spot on the line, then switching once he was subbed.

I think GT is grasping at straws here to cover for their own defensive incompetence on the plays in question. As long as the offense has 11 players on the field, and the formation is legal, whatever happens, happens.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

WE......ARE.....SNAKEBIT!!!!!!

Today, we are all otaku.

The officials had nothing to do with those last two Iowa possessions. Can a Denny Green rant be far behind?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_N1OjGhIFc

Of course not. The 4th quarter defensive implosion is on the defense. And Chappell for...um...being himself (last TD) And Loki, the evil trickster God who :censored: ing hates every team I have a rooting interest in this year. This is apparently what happens when you play "teams of destiny".

You're a smart lad. Compute the odds of that pinball interception becoming an interception and being run back for the score.

-------------------------------

Seriously. Iowa is going to win a MNC this year, and we will spend the next 30 years asking how this came to be. Much like that BYU team in the 1980s.

Today, we are all otaku.

The officials had nothing to do with those last two Iowa possessions. Can a Denny Green rant be far behind?

Of course not. The 4th quarter defensive implosion is on the defense. And Chappell for...um...being himself (last TD) And Loki, the evil trickster God who :censored: ing hates every team I have a rooting interest in this year. This is apparently what happens when you play "teams of destiny".

You're a smart lad. Compute the odds of that pinball interception becoming an interception and being run back for the score.

The current play calling is your boy throwing deep outs and flags which are just hanging and ripe to be picked. Stanzi has been awful as well. This will catch up with them either next week or in C-bus.

Seriously. Iowa is going to win a MNC this year, and we will spend the next 30 years asking how this came to be. Much like that BYU team in the 1980s.

The current play calling is your boy throwing deep outs and flags which are just hanging and ripe to be picked. Stanzi has been awful as well. This will catch up with them either next week or in C-bus.

Archived