2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I jinxed the Hoosiers when I mentioned they were ahead at the half, so if rams80 wants to have someone to go after, go after me.

Anyway, anyone watching the Georgia-Florida game will notice that Georgia has brought out black helmets for this game. This has to be a first for the Bulldogs.

OK, people are going crazy now. Jimmy Clausen should not be a Heisman candidate - what has he done in conference?

Um, the games still count.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

OK, people are going crazy now. Jimmy Clausen should not be a Heisman candidate - what has he done in conference?

Um, the games still count.
Let's face it, the only people that should be eligible for the Heisman Trophy are those on the 117 true members of the FBS.

LvZYtbZ.png

I'm gonna go ahead and say it: Whenever willmorris refers to Notre Dame and conferences, it's best to just walk away and talk about other college football action. :P

(Smiley face aside, seriously.)

I'm gonna go ahead and say it: Whenever willmorris refers to Notre Dame and conferences, it's best to just walk away and talk about other college football action. :P

In truth, Notre Dame has played one half-decent team all year - and they got crushed by USC. You don't win a Heisman doing that.

LvZYtbZ.png

And Ron Zook makes the first step of his "Save my job" campaign.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm gonna go ahead and say it: Whenever willmorris refers to Notre Dame and conferences, it's best to just walk away and talk about other college football action. tongue.gif

well to be fair, Notre Dame's 11 National Championships and 7 Heisman Trophy winners do not count either wacko.gif

Penn State looks like they're thinking about the Buckeyes as they're down 10-3 @ Northwestern...come on Nits...

Make that 13-10 Northwestern at the half. Northwestern is sure taking advantage of the situation here (Hint, hint, Iowa fans).

Other news and notes out there right now...

-Nebraska recovers from that godawful loss to Iowa State and beats Baylor. Iowa State, on the other hand, ran into Texas A&M's Jykell Mode and is taking it on the rear here.

-Florida is taking Georgia behind the proverbial woodshed here. Mainly because of the black helmets. That's not the Georgia that I know, people.

Northern Arizona vs Sacramento State

Halftime:

NoAz 24 --- SacSt. 17

The world is waiting with baited breath on your updates on NAU football. Tell me when the Great Pumpkin arrives in Flagstaff tonight too.

Well at least Sally will be waiting in wings with the poor lad

What national championships for Notre Dame? Notre Dame does not have any NCAA-recognized national championships in football!

No team in the FBS does as it is not a recognized championship sport.

Edit: Marshall has titles in D1-AA before they made the move up, however the schools like Notre Dame with multiple titles do not have NCAA titles either as it is not formally recognized.

Archived