2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

I used to never miss ESPN College Gameday, mainly because it was the top source for recaping the previous week and previewing the current one.

I don't believe I've watched a full show in the past few years, and that includes the few appearances they've made in Athens and Atlanta. It just hasn't been the same. I also find Lee Corso to be more annoying than informative now.....his only schticks are saying "Not so fast!" and wearing the headpiece to a mascot's costume.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USouthCarolina beats NC State, 7-3.

That game was just a great big ball of suck.

But who cares, it's FOOTBALL!!! That alone makes it worth it.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well...how was everyone else's night? I just spent my night watching a major conference team damn near lose to a I-AA team. <_<

Heck...they should have lost. A Hail Mary by EKU fell incomplete in the end zone among a gaggle of players, and earlier EKU fumbled on the IU 3.

Indiana's not winning another game this year. I'm pretty much convinced of that.

*checks ESPN write up*

Well..."shines" is one way of describing Chappell's night. "Off target" is another.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well...how was everyone else's night? I just spent my night watching a major conference team damn near lose to a I-AA team. <_<

Heck...they should have lost. A Hail Mary by EKU fell incomplete in the end zone among a gaggle of players, and earlier EKU fumbled on the IU 3.

Indiana's not winning another game this year. I'm pretty much convinced of that.

*checks ESPN write up*

Well..."shines" is one way of describing Chappell's night. "Off target" is another.

But that game was on Big Ten network in HD. :D

Feh...HD has nothing on RL. ;)

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And Boise just held Oregon to two first downs in the first half - Boise State 13, Oregon 0.

Oregon will struggle to 7-4. Honestly, the most important person on a NCAA FB team is the Defensive Coordinator. Creating a scheme to battle the spread offenses is vital and having a head coach who has enough guile to allow the DC to work is second. A quarterback is at best third.

That plus the HC's ability to make adjustments in the 20+ minute halftimes. Tressel, Saban and Houston Nutt are usually good there; Stoops (both) and Bowdens (all) have issues there.

Michigan (or "Michigan Man") fanboys you can go 8-4 or 9-3 with a proset offense, but you cannot get to the BCS doing what you "like". Tressel has moved, Mack Brown has moved and teams like Utah and App. State beat you. Life is about change and embrace it. If you want a traditional coach, then you have to go after Mike Riley, get Jim Harbaugh (who has a losing record in 1-A), Scihano, or just get Mike Leach and know that he is more like Bob Knight in being a smarta$$ than you think. RichRod should remain, IMHO.

-UM Class of '95 (who grew up in Florida)

Funny you mention Harbaugh.

From what I heard in the stands, IU's getting their own little Lane Kiffin next year. Apparently that's why they had to sell next year's Penn State game.

/:censored: he's already pissed off half the Conference. Trouble be coming to Indiana folks, trouble and blowouts for years to come.

Today, we are all otaku.

Unless you brought "something" in your socks, then HD is still better. I love a "Hard Sprite" as much as anyone, but the stadium experience is great if you need to get a place off your bucket list. I don't have many left.

*If you need to get past the "pat down" but football compression shorts have a natural pocket.

Unless you brought "something" in your socks, then HD is still better. I love a "Hard Sprite" as much as anyone, but the stadium experience is great if you need to get a place off your bucket list. I don't have many left.

*If you need to get past the "pat down" but football compression shorts have a natural pocket.

Well...there's also the fact that as a poor grad student, all I have is a 11 inch combination TV/DVD player that doesn't exactly have awesome HD capacity.

HD doesn't do a good job of conveying crowd mood either. This could have easily been tonight's theme song.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived