2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

lmao @ Hout not getting any sort of suspension. Wow.

Still can't believe Hout isn't going to miss any games because of this. The initial instigator gets no punishment. Wow.

Hout wouldn't have been suspended had Blount not gone totally insane. After seeing Blount's suspension, I can see how Hout getting off scott-free looks a bit soft, but no punishment is the right call.

The hell it is. He ran up on dude talking :censored:, then put his hands on the guy. He didn't deserve to get Deebo'd but he deserves to sit. Oh well.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taunting of not if, Blount did not hit Hout nobody would even remember the game's handshakes, Taunting happens, but Blount has to be an adult with a college education and be the bigger man and do nothing.

Blount suspended for season

Hout will not be suspended for taunting Blount. Boise State spokesman Max Corbet told The Associated Press in an e-mail that Petersen planned to spend time with Hout this week to help him learn from what happened.

Good for Oregon and good for the college football. Not only does this suspension teach that player a lesson, but it's a warning to players across the nation that the NCAA means business when it comes to acting like a total thug.

You know what's funny? The student section last night was trying to goad Indiana and EKU into fighting during the "sportsmanship" handshake.

lmao @ Hout not getting any sort of suspension. Wow.

Still can't believe Hout isn't going to miss any games because of this. The initial instigator gets no punishment. Wow.

Hout wouldn't have been suspended had Blount not gone totally insane. After seeing Blount's suspension, I can see how Hout getting off scott-free looks a bit soft, but no punishment is the right call.

The hell it is. He ran up on dude talking :censored:, then put his hands on the guy. He didn't deserve to get Deebo'd but he deserves to sit. Oh well.

Exactly. It wasn't like Hout just happened to bump into Blount, Hout went out of his way to FIND Blount, talked the trash, then put his hands on the man. If that isn't punishable, then idk what is. He should at least miss a game because, like JQK said, that was very unsportsmanlike.

So is ESPN's Echo Team or Foxtrot team covering Tulsa-Tulane? It sounds like they picked a couple of guys off the street in New Orleans and gave them a mic and a stat sheet.

So is ESPN's Echo Team or Foxtrot team covering Tulsa-Tulane? It sounds like they picked a couple of guys off the street in New Orleans and gave them a mic and a stat sheet.

They do sound weird... your right...

The season starts tomorrow GET JACKED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOH LETS GIT THIS STARTED AS I SAY COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS THE BEST DAMNN SPORT IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I step into a time machine and come out on Wednesday? It's not preseason they're playing tonight and Thursday.

The season starts tomorrow GET JACKED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOH LETS GIT THIS STARTED AS I SAY COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS THE BEST DAMNN SPORT IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I step into a time machine and come out on Wednesday? It's not preseason they're playing tonight and Thursday.

+1.

That actually leads to a question I have had for a while? What is the ABC/ESPN pecking order for crews?

#1 is "Big Game" or "Uncle" Brent Musburger, Kirk Herbstreit, and Lisa Salters

But what's their logical pecking order from the following? We can easily make assumptions on the last 5, but after Brent/Herbie/Salters, who is #2?

Saturday Night Football (on ABC)- Brent Musburger, Kirk Herbstreit and Lisa Salters

ESPN College Football Primetime (Saturday)- Brad Nessler, Todd Blackledge and Erin Andrews

ESPN2 College Football Primetime (Saturday)- Mark Jones and Bob Davie

ESPNU SEC Saturday primetime- Eric Collins and Brock Huard

ESPN College Football Primetime (Thursday)- Chris Fowler, Craig James, Jesse Palmer and Erin Andrews

ABC Saturday Afternoon- Sean McDonough, Matt Millen and Holly Rowe

ABC Saturday Afternoon- Mike Patrick, Craig James and Heather Cox

ABC or ESPN Saturday Afternoon- Ron Franklin and Ed Cunningham

ESPN College Football (Saturday afternoons)- Dave Pasch, Bob Griese and Chris Spielman

ESPN2 College Football (Saturday afternoon)- Pam Ward and Ray Bentley

ESPNU Saturday noon- Clay Matvick and David Diaz-Infante

ESPNU Saturday afternoon- Todd Harris and Charles Arbuckle

Unless ABC/ESPN's changed things up, are those pairings with the correct station and time slot?

Brad Nessler's crew usually has the 3:30pm game for ABC/ESPN2, depending on which market is getting which game. Nessler's crew usually has the ACC or East Coast game for the 3:30 slot, I'm not sure which crew gets the inverse game for that ABC/ESPN2 3:30 game.

Mike Patrick's crew has the primetime (7:45pm?) game for ESPN. Marc Jones's crew usually has the primetime game (7pm?) for ESPN2.

Sean McDonough's crew had most of the Friday night games for ESPN or ESPN2.

I've no idea about the other crews. I think Ron Franklin's crew either does the late game for ESPN2 or one of those noon games.

Unless ABC/ESPN's changed things up, are those pairings with the correct station and time slot?

Brad Nessler's crew usually has the 3:30pm game for ABC/ESPN2, depending on which market is getting which game. Nessler's crew usually has the ACC or East Coast game for the 3:30 slot, I'm not sure which crew gets the inverse game for that ABC/ESPN2 3:30 game.

Mike Patrick's crew has the primetime (7:45pm?) game for ESPN. Marc Jones's crew usually has the primetime game (7pm?) for ESPN2.

I've no idea about the other crews. I think Ron Franklin's crew either does the late game for ESPN2 or one of those noon games.

I copied/pasted the list from the Awful Announcing blog, but tried to keep the spares out.

Awful Announcing Gives ESPN/ABC Pairings

Sean McDonough's crew had most of the Friday night games for ESPN or ESPN2.

It used to be Sean and Ed, then after Keith retired for teh last time, Ed moved on to Ron Franklin. Ron Franklin and Mike Gottfried used to be "their crew".

No Paul Macguire, though. I'll admit, the Nessler-Griese-Macguire-Bonnie Bernstein crew was very entertaining.

I just wanted to question to make a better thread. I love Brent, but CBS's #1 crew of Verne/Gary and (my fellow UM alum) Tracy Wolfson is the best.

While she does not have a large forehead, like Giada, I like her and that mole. Tracy is great!

And not to be that sexist, Andrea Joyce was also a UM student and she was an Angell Scholar (she earned all A+, A, or A- grades for two or more consecutive terms in a calendar year based on a minimum of 14 credits.) I believe Andrea did it for all four years.

Archived