2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to Turner Gill. It's been a good offseason for the brothers. Hopefully soon, a brother will get another crack at one of the big boy schools, but for the time being, I am pleased that Gill (and especially Mike London) is getting a shot to ply his trade in a BCS conference. Your team is going to suck ass, but that just gives you the opportunity to turn it around.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Thanks to the post above, I have yet another reason to hate internet speak.

But, back on topic. Navy beats Army today which means UCLA will play Temple in the EagleBank Bowl on the 29th.

Personally, if you ask me, that bid should go to UL-Monroe or UL-Lafayette (Both are also 6-6) because all this is about is giving that worthless weasel Neuheisel another chance to make himself look like an ass. Hopefully, Temple will beat them and Neuheisel will walk out of the Nation's Capital in total and massive shame. :)

Also, Kansas is set to hire Buffalo's head man, Turner Gill, as their new coach. You got to think this is going to anger a ton of Nebraska fans considering he was once a Cornhusker during his playing days.

WTFeva dood innernet tlk iz da fewcha!!!@345 itz kewl n u shud due it u mite liek it :P

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Right...

Now, the big news... Your 2009 Heisman Trophy Winner is... Alabama RB Mark Ingram.

I'm shocked that he's the first Crimson Tide player to ever win the Heisman. As storied as the Tide are in college football, you'd think there were at least two or three Heisman winners.

I had to believe his showing in the SEC Championship game sealed the deal, but Gerhart made it close as hell with his showing in the clutch games for Stanford.

I didn't exactly agree with the selection, but it was nice to see Mark Ingram's reaction. Humble and emotional. Good job, kid.

Herby's working the Smart board like John King in the 08' Election.

Good to see Suh get more votes the Tebow.

Last time Herbie was that in teh dark was when he was talking about the Michigan coaching job in 2007. I hope that Lee Corso's family has a serious talk about him continuing past January 7.

Ingram seems like a good guy who won't follow in his father's (off-the-field) footsteps. I think he is an electric player and definitely deserved it.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Herby's working the Smart board like John King in the 08' Election.

Good to see Suh get more votes the Tebow.

Last time Herbie was that in teh dark was when he was talking about the Michigan coaching job in 2007. I hope that Lee Corso's family has a serious talk about him continuing past January 7.

a few months ago my dad mentioned how corso was just different this year and how herby and fowler seemed to be "filling in" for him. i didnt buy it, even though he had had the stroke. after he said that however, i started paying more attention and began to notice he was right. it seems as if hes always at a loss for words, and when he can think of them, he has trouble getting the sentence out right. i love corso and would hate to see him go, but when its time, its time.

glossysig5.png

Right...

Now, the big news... Your 2009 Heisman Trophy Winner is... Alabama RB Mark Ingram.

I'm shocked that he's the first Crimson Tide player to ever win the Heisman. As storied as the Tide are in college football, you'd think there were at least two or three Heisman winners.

I had to believe his showing in the SEC Championship game sealed the deal, but Gerhart made it close as hell with his showing in the clutch games for Stanford.

Ingram had the best (offensive) performance which most voters was last. Spiller was in a game which most people had or DVR or did not see as they were watching the Big XII game. As for Toby, I think he got even more votes because the majority of his big, late games were seen or available to be seen by East Coast voters. The Oregon and USC games were on regional Fox Sports at 3:30, the Cal game was on Versus, and Notre Dame was on ABC.

Navy beats Army today which means UCLA will play Temple in the EagleBank Bowl on the 29th.

Personally, if you ask me, that bid should go to UL-Monroe or UL-Lafayette (Both are also 6-6) because all this is about is giving that worthless weasel Neuheisel another chance to make himself look like an ass. Hopefully, Temple will beat them and Neuheisel will walk out of the Nation's Capital in total and massive shame. :)

UCLA had six FBS wins, while UL-La and UL-M had five FBS wins and one FCS win. I think that that was a factor overall. Plus, outside of Notre Dame who took themselves out, there were three "bowl eligible teams" without a game; and we are adding a games in Dallas and Yankee Stadium next year? Wow.

dipping into D2 and D3...

D2 Championship Game: 5th time's the charm for Northwest Missouri State as they hold off Grand Valley State for a 30-23 win.

D3 Semifinals: Wesley falls 24-7, and Linfield goes home with a 27-17 loss. Take a wild guess who's playing in the Stagg Bowl again. Hint: they both wear purple. Sheesh, this has to be some kind of record.

Stagg Bowl XXXVII: The Rematch To The Rematch To The Rematch To The Rematch

in the silver corner, the challengers....ranked #2 in Division III and the 2007 National Champions, the Wisconsin-Whitewater Warhawks...

and in the purple corner, the defending National Champions...ranked #1 in Division III, 10 time National Champions, the Mount Union Purple Raiders.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Thanks to the post above, I have yet another reason to hate internet speak.

But, back on topic. Navy beats Army today which means UCLA will play Temple in the EagleBank Bowl on the 29th.

Also, Kansas is set to hire Buffalo's head man, Turner Gill, as their new coach. You got to think this is going to anger a ton of Nebraska fans considering he was once a Cornhusker during his playing days.

I'm concerned more than angry. I prefer it when Conference rivals have bad coaches.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived