2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

Herby's working the Smart board like John King in the 08' Election.

Good to see Suh get more votes the Tebow.

Last time Herbie was that in teh dark was when he was talking about the Michigan coaching job in 2007. I hope that Lee Corso's family has a serious talk about him continuing past January 7.

I don't know, watching him and knowing that he's like the 3rd winningest coach in Indiana history kind of punctuates the program's punch line status.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as for Ohio State's opponent in the Rose Bowl, I'm hoping for Oregon to beat Oregon State for the very simple reason that an Oregon christmas cookie would be easier to create than an Oregon State christmas cookie. Plus, Oregon would allow me to create 4 cookies, one for each of the possible helmets they might wear. Making OSU and OSU's bowl game matchup cookies has been a personal tradition dating back to the 2003 Fiesta Bowl. I also made OU-Southern Mississippi cookies in 2006. Here's last year's matchup

cookiehelmets.jpg

I love those! great idea and detail! Be sure to post pics, looking forward to seeing them :)

Because you asked for it

16362_349727795014_860930014_100234.jpg

I didn't have enough dough to do all 6 of Oregon's helmets so I only did the green helmet.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Congrats on your national championship, Montana!

And that is why you are the CCSLC resident college football expert. I mean come on, Montana rolled all over 'Nova, didn't they. :)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

And that is why you are the CCSLC resident college football expert. I mean come on, Montana rolled all over 'Nova, didn't they. :)

He's Will :censored:-ing Morris and he KNOWS college football. We should all be such college football experts.

BB52Big.jpg

I never knew Will was a Villanova fan.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

He's Will :censored:-ing Morris and he KNOWS college football. We should all be such college football experts.

if we all had that gift. notre dame wouldn't even be in the bcs and force them into the mac

Bowl Season officially under way! :woot:

Additionally, I found something that has BCS rankings for all teams. I picked up a USA Today Bowl preview magazine and in the back it has Sagarin rankings for all FBS and FCS teams, along with BCS ranking numbers for them all. Not sure where they got them from or how they were derived but pretty interesting. (To me at least, I'm a huge numbers/rankings guy.)

Congrats to Villanova for winning a very exciting game, btw. I just caught it on ESPN360. You wanna talk about exciting college football, the semi-finals & finals of the Division 1 playoffes were about as good as it can get when it comes to exciting college football.

So yeah, good to see that Division 1 has once again crowned their official champion. Now I can't wait until after New Year's to see who wins that "fake" crown. :P

Also, Wyoming is giving Fresno State all that they can handle in the New Mexico Bowl. You know there are too many bowl games when Fresno State feels like they're too good for a certain game. :P

Wisconsin-Whitewater and Mount Union are currently playing on ESPN classic. This is the 5th straight season these two have played for the division 3 championship. They've got a pretty good game going.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The best part of the New Mexico Bowl so far? Both teams are sporting checkboard endzones (Red and White for Fresno State; Brown and Yellow for Wyoming). Also of note, it seems ESPN is busting out the MNF graphic package for the bowl game... I wonder if that will be a recurring theme for the bowl games on ESPN?

The best part of the New Mexico Bowl so far? Both teams are sporting checkboard endzones (Red and White for Fresno State; Brown and Yellow for Wyoming). Also of note, it seems ESPN is busting out the MNF graphic package for the bowl game... I wonder if that will be a recurring theme for the bowl games on ESPN?

Is it just me or are these announcers calling the game like they're afraid they're going to wake up the neighbors? I don't need screaming yelling announcers but at least act like you're happy to be there.

BB52Big.jpg

Is it just me or are these announcers calling the game like they're afraid they're going to wake up the neighbors? I don't need screaming yelling announcers but at least act like you're happy to be there.

Or at least act like you're glad you're not in Wyoming....

I saw, I came, I left.

Wow. What a lousy game this New Mexico Bowl has been. It's really too bad we have to be subjected to such "worthless" games. :P

I am not sure if many people will understand that, but well done. It does seem that some edits/updates have been made too.

Hey at least you caught it. The post was aimed directly at everyone who says there are too many bowl games etc. The "worthless" comment, while directed at the E-Cyclopedia thing, was also part of the broader theme.

BB52Big.jpg

Or at least act like you're glad you're not in Wyoming....

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa man. Wyoming isn't that bad of a place.

Wow. What a lousy game this New Mexico Bowl has been. It's really too bad we have to be subjected to such "worthless" games. :P

I am not sure if many people will understand that, but well done. It does seem that some edits/updates have been made too.

Hey at least you caught it. The post was aimed directly at everyone who says there are too many bowl games etc. The "worthless" comment, while directed at the E-Cyclopedia thing, was also part of the broader theme.

Well, the "road to Chatty" blog seemed to die a very early death as it did not even have an analysis of the title game, so I had to focus my attention to the E.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa man. Wyoming isn't that bad of a place.

Wyoming is a pretty nice place, actually.

I must say something about SMU's whoopin Nevada in the Hawaii Bowl last night since the wife is a graduate of the Charles Foster Kane School of Business there.

Yea red, Yea blue, Yea Mustangs S-M-U!

FsQiF2W.png

Archived