Your opinion on my logos

paynomind

I am working on whittling down my portfolio to fewer, high-quality logos, and wanted your help.

If you have a couple minutes, and don't mind, could you follow this link?

http://www.alnic.com/port/portfolio_vote3.html

I have posted my best logos, and need some input on which are my best. Be sure to fill out your CCSLC membername in the name field, so I can keep track.

Thank you!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I think you should include some contextual information, such as what the logo is for (in the cases where it's not obvious), because some that look "too busy" at first glance, might be totally appropriate depending on the application.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thanks, folks... I really appreciate your input. I helps me decide what I've done that is best.

Keep the input comin!

Thank you again.

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Thank you, all for your input. After a little while longer, I'm goign to rank the logos by the vites, and pick some of the favs for my portfolio.

Thanks!

ΓΔΒ!

if you're including these in your portfolio, i would select the best 5 or 7 (make it an odd number) and forget about the rest. what ive seen here is a very wide range of quality. some logos are downright awful, and others i like a lot. it seems you either went through a phase (or sometimes get lazy with pre production) and just let a typeface do the work for you. stay away from that. either do it right or not at all. its important to know, that you want to show high quality work (both technical and concept wise) and not try to have a certin number of logos to represent you. some people think they have to have 10 logos in their portfolio. 3 great logos are far better than 3 great ones and 2 average ones. (ofcourse you do run the risk of labeling yourself as a "home run hitter at every attempt" with that approach, and setting high expectations from employers but honestly there arnt any "nike swooshes" in your portfolio yet)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

There's nothing wrong with a typographic logo. Sometimes it's the most appropriate option.

What I think he meant, which I agreed with and actually commented on personally, is that you shouldn't short one portion of a logo by compensating with a nice wordmark just to make up for a poor or unfinished mark. A few of the pieces, to me, seemed like effort was put into the wordmark or logo...but not equally. However, there were some pieces that were really solid and had a nice balance of both- which made for my favorites of his collection.

its not wordmarks i have a problem with, but letting a stylized font you downloaded from a website actually be a logo. there are a few instances in hi portfolio. thankfully though, he didnt use "bleeding cowboys"...............uh...but its a good font for website signatures :D

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived