Need help with name for new company

TalktoChuck

So I am in the process of starting a skateboard company that also designs clothes. But I am stuck on a name. I want something short and easy to remember, but is also catchy. Any ideas you guys could throw out would be greatly appreciated.

jNTsTyQ.png

How about Chuck?

Is a cool skate/surf type name, similar to huck... catchy t shirt, ad slogans "chuck it.." :o)

one problem is that it may infringe the Barfoot brand perhaps?

Steve

My intellectual property can be bought for a tee or a deck :o)

Just a list of ideas for alternatives. Skateboard slang (dunno if any of these are already branded). most of which you probably already know- mostly I'm defining them for non-skaters.

Mongo- to push off with the opposite foot; it's also the name of Ming the Merciless's planet in Flash Gordon so you could have a 1950's-esque space logo

Vert (or Vertical)- the act of skating in a park

Slaughter- to bust a trick; logo could have a blood spatter to suggest an injury sustained from stuntwork OR an actual slaughter

Ledge- Concrete for grinding

Rail- Metal for grinding

Dirtpile- the act of doing something forbidden

Shred- to do something well

Radical/Hammmer/Banger- all words referring to an excellent execution of tricks or show of skill

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

So right now the front runner is Axel, but I don't wnat to hurry into a name before I'm sure thats the one I wnat. So, keep throwing out ideas. Here's the names at the top of my list right now.

Axel

Pure

Flow

King Rail

Mongo

Telic

I'd like to hear what you guys think about the list and if you have any other ideas. I really appreciate the help guys.

jNTsTyQ.png

Axel and King Rail are good. But Telic sounds good for some reason.

And maybe some discounted stuff for CCSLC members when this comes out? :P

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

You an Avril Lavigne fan? sk8rboi, perhaps? :D

I don't know if this is sk8erboi lingo or not, but I've heard the phrase "hang ten" tossed around amongst those who ride boards. Would that work?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Because I really like birds, naturally I would go with King Rail... but, keep in mind if you go with that that a King Rail isn't a typically 'cool' bird like a hawk or falcon or something; it's a silly, cute waterbird. Of course, you could use it effectively as a symbol/logo whatever, but if that is not the direction you're going for you may not want to use it.

Here's a reference pic.

kingrailf5r8999.jpg

Archived