Look what Big Ben is being accused of (alledgedly).

PittsburghSucks

I know he's only been accused.

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/...lawyer_say.html

Ben Roethlisberger's lawyer says Steeler QB is accused of sexual assault; lawyer denies the claim

by Starting Blocks, The Plain Dealer

Tuesday July 21, 2009, 11:09 AM

Pittsburgh Steelers star quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault in a civil lawsuit, Roethlisberger's lawyer, David Cornwell, says. Cornwell denies the charge against Roethlisberger..

Associated Press

Ben Roethlisberger arrives at the ESPY Awards last week in Los Angeles.Following is an Associated Press report:

RENO, Nev. (AP) - Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault in a civil lawsuit, his lawyer said, denying the claim.

The lawsuit was filed Friday in Washoe County District Court accusing Roethlisberger of assaulting a woman in July 2008.

Roethlisberger is one of nine defendants listed in the online court docket report. Further details of the lawsuit were not available Tuesday morning.

"Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone ... The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct. If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated," David Cornwell, Roethlisberger's lawyer, said in a statement released early Tuesday.

A phone message and e-mail from the AP to Cornwell were not returned.

Attorney Calvin R. Dunlap, of Reno, filed the lawsuit, according to court documents. A telephone message left for him was not returned.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said Tuesday the team is aware of the lawsuit, and "we are gathering information."

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

yawn.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

No yawning from reading this report.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...roethlisberger/

Complaint gets very specific regarding interaction between McNulty, Roethlisberger

Posted by Mike Florio on July 21, 2009 10:46 AM ET

We've finally obtained a full and complete and reliable copy of the complaint filed against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in Nevada.

The complaint contains very specific allegations, which either helps prove that the event actually occurred -- or which demonstrates that the plaintiff, Andrea McNulty, has a very active imagination.

McNulty, who says in the complaint that she has worked at Harrah's since March 2003, alleges that she was assigned to serve a concierge-style function on the Penthouse floor of the hotel during the 2008 American Century Celebrity Golf Championship.

McNulty alleges that, on July 10, she and Roethlisberger had a conversation about fly fishing, and that they talked about the fact that McNulty is an avid fly fisherman. (Though, on the surface, the exchange isn't relevant, the contention -- if true -- shows that there was at least a minor relationship between McNulty and Roethlisberger prior to the incident.)

As to the incident itself, it allegedly occurred on Friday, July 11. McNulty claims that, at approximately 10:00 p.m. local time, Roethlisberger returned to his room with a young woman, who left roughly 20 minutes later.

McNulty says that Roethlisberger walked the woman to the elevator, and that Roethlisberger then stopped to talk to McNulty and other staff, for roughly 20 minutes. (Obviously, it'll be critical to determine who these other staff members are, and what they have to say.)

As he was leaving, Roethlisberger allegedly told McNulty that the sound system on his television wasn't working. She offered to have someone from engineering fix it, but Roethlisberger said he would call her about it later.

Roethlisberger allegedly called her a few minutes later, and he said that the television was still broken. She offered to have someone go to the room and fix it. He allegedly asked her to come and "take a quick look" at it.

McNulty claims that she tried to call a couple of other colleagues to handle the situation, but that she couldn't reach anyone. She alleges that Roethlisberger called again and asked her when she was going to fix the television.

Citing a direction from management to ensure that Roethlisberger had an enjoyable trip, she decided to try to fix it herself.

McNulty claims that, when she arrived at the room, he was wearing a T-shirt and athletic shorts. She adds, for no apparent reason other than to show the clarity of her recollection, that the room was a mess.

Roethlisberger showed her the television that was malfunctioning, located in suite's bedroom. Using the remote, she determined that there was no problem with the television or the sound system.

She claims that, as she tried to leave the room, Roethlisberger blocked her path, and that he "grabbed [her] and started to kiss her."

She claims that she was "shocked and stunned that this previously friendly man, that appeared to be a gentleman in her previous contacts with him was suddenly preventing her from leaving, was assaulting and battering her."

McNulty admits that she didn't try to fight Roethlisberger, citing his size and strength. She claims that she "communicated her objection and lack of consent," and that he nevertheless began "fondling [her] through her dress and between her legs."

She claims that he pushed her onto the bed, and despite her alleged protests he "pulled her underpants off and proceeded to penetrate her."

McNulty claims that she told him, "You don't want to do this." She also claims that she said, "Please don't," and that she told him she was not on any type of birth control.

She claims that he said in response, "Don't worry, I'll pull out," which he ultimately did.

At that point, he allowed her to get off the bed. McNulty claims that she went to the bathroom, and "tried to pull herself together." When she emerged, she claims that Roethlisberger asked, "There are cameras on this room, aren't there?"

She responded by saying, "Yes, there are cameras everywhere."

McNulty alleges that he then seem worried, and that his tone became "stern."

"If anyone asks you, you fixed my television," he allegedly said. "You fixed my television. Now go!"

We'll be posting separately the allegations relating to the coworkers at Harrah's, most of which are based on conduct occurring after the alleged assault.

Again, these are only allegations in a civil complaint. There is, to our knowledge, no criminal complaint or investigation, and Roethlisberger through lawyer David Cornwell has strongly denied the contention.

Still, if the allegations set forth above are true, and if sufficient evidence can be compiled to prove that, then this thing could get very ugly for Roethlisberger.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

If this truly happened, I wish she would have called the po-po before suing. Lots of rape victims never report it, but I would bet only a minuscule number sue instead of bringing a criminal complaint.

No need to pass judgement or act like any of us know what happened. I just hope that whoever is in the wrong pays for it, whether that's Roethlisberger if he actually assaulted her or McNulty trying to jam up him if he didn't actually assault her.

I honestly won't be surprised however this turns out. Roethlisberger certainly wouldn't be the first high-profile athlete to rape a hotel employee (and he won't be the last) and Andrea McNulty certainly wouldn't be the first woman to cry rape when it wasn't (and she won't be the last).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Wow. That's pretty detailed. But why would she wait so long?

Probably the same reason it's hardly ever reported. It's hard to talk about and report.

Ben's worth even more now that he's got another title under the belt. Time to cash in!

Or this.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Probably the same reason it's hardly ever reported. It's hard to talk about and report.

Ben's worth even more now that he's got another title under the belt. Time to cash in!

Or this.

My bet is on option #2

Or this.

My bet is on option #2

Without knowing anything other than what has been posted? Quite an ambitious gamble.

What are you guys talking about? I haven't heard about this at all on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNEWS, ESPNDeportes or ESPN.com! Are you guys sure this lawsuit is really happening?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...isberger-story/

Oh. Another great milestone for the Worldwide Leader.

I agree with Jigga. I hope whoever is in the wrong here is punished accordingly and fairly.

Many times, women who are victims of this kind of thing have to go through councelling / therapy for a while before they are able to come forward and talk about it. None of you (myself included) can imagine what it's like to be physically violated like that, and the psychological trauma it can cause. While it may seem like a year is long to wait before pressing charges, it's not unheard of.

Not saying that she couldn't just be tryin' go get at the man's paper, just that there's nothing in the article that would indicate one way or the other.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

We don't need to read articles or wait for facts, Vet...we judge first, judge last, and maybe get around to asking questions later. Waaaay later.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

What are you guys talking about? I haven't heard about this at all on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNEWS, ESPNDeportes or ESPN.com! Are you guys sure this lawsuit is really happening?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...isberger-story/

Oh. Another great milestone for the Worldwide Leader.

I agree with Jigga. I hope whoever is in the wrong here is punished accordingly and fairly.

ESPN is refusing to hold the story since "Big" Ben is appearing on the Shaq vs. show....on ABC. YAEOCAK.

(You can figure that out, can't you?)

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Archived