CHL Redesign

chickenfish13

I like the jerseys for the Allen Americans. I think the colour scheme is just right. Amarillo on the hand is a different story. I do like the logo, that should stay the same, but I am not sure if orange and grey is the right scheme. What about changing the orange to navy blue?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To tell the truth, neither, you need to find 2 colors that will compliment eachother and frankly both are very hard to see. Try Silver, Black and White for the Gorillas. Better than orange and Purple

I really like the Americans, the thirds are like the Blackhawks 75th anniversary jerseys- a set that makes me j in my p. Don't be afraid to use white in the Gorillas dark concept. I'd say Navy, Kelly/lighter Green, Black, Silver, and White would make the most sense.

brewerssig.jpg

I think having some white in there would make a world of difference. I prefer the color scheme of the bottom one better. righ now the numbers and letters go -from inside out- gray to blue to black to blue. I would try gray to WHITE top black to blue or something like that. then some white on the striping. I personally think white is the most underrated color in all logos and jerseys and that they make everything stand out more

On the secondary you could try making the word 'gorillas' white... the home and alt. jerseys still have no white so just anything white or birghter color to separate all the dark colors you have is all you need.

also im not a huge fan of the triple dark outlined gorilla head now that i look at it again. i think youcoult try getting rid of either the black or navy blue. if you get rid of black you could make the current black shading on the gorilla the navy. that might work. idk

The home has to include white, the gray color doesn't work well at all for the numbers or gorilla head for that matter. They're just too close in hue to be told apart very well. Also, I'm not a fan of the triple stripe on the jersey or like jaha said, it's not necessary on the logo either. The jerseys would look alright if it was just one stripe. All you need to do is simplify them.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

OK, I hope for this to be the last or close to last update before I move on to the Sundogs. Main thing is the fact I included much more white. C and C.

Also, the logos are presented on a blue back because it best shows all the logos, so think nothing of that.

gorilaofin.png

amarillohomefin.png

amarilloawayfin.png

amarilloaltfin.png

I noticed that they look quite pixelated, and I've exported them the same way I've always exported them, and I havent had a trouble. Help?

OK, well I'd love to hear your ideas, but I think I am good for the Gorillas, I might make a couple tweaks, but for the most part I'm finished. So, now, I'm moving onto the third team, the Arizona Sundogs. For the logos, I kept their current primary, as their is something that I quite like about it. For the secondary, I made a howling coyote logo, inspired by dgnmrwrw's Predators secondary logo. I contacted him, and he is fine with me posting it. The rays in the background might be a bit much, but we'll see. I tried playing with the numbers of rays, and weights and stuff, but nothing looked any better than what I had. For the jerseys, I based them mainly off of their current jerseys, and the alt. is just kinda an idea. So enjoy, and hopefully some people will give c and c. I dont care if it's completely ripping the design, as long as people comment so I can improve.

CHLsundogslo.png

sundogexpo.png

CHLsundogsawa.png

CHLsundogsalt.png

The jerseys in this series are a bit too busy. Tone it down a bit. As far as the logos go, the howling coyote logo you made is the best logo that I've seen from you.

Yeah, they are kinda busy, but I wasn't quite sure what to do with the striping because of the 4 color color scheme. Thanks for the comment on the logo. Any ideas about striping?

Coyote logo is solid, but it could go without the rays. When do you ever see a silhouetted animal and cliff with a huge sunburst behind it? When I see that I'd think of night time, not a sunny day. Good work nonetheless.

Yeah, I was thinking about that when I put the rays in, as if their is bright sunny rays in the back, there won't be a silhouette. But I thought it tied in with the fact their in Arizona, and their called the "Sun"dogs. Should I drop the rays, or keep them?

Archived