Logos painted on grass

MG helmets

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love what you're created so far but shouldn't the logo be a little faded on the grass? It seems like on the black areas of the logo, there would be some blades of grass that didn't quite get painted.

Also, isn't there a ton of grass templates out there on this board? If so, where are they? :D

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

if youre using photoshop i reckon you could do a lot better than this.

i mocked this up quickly. i used two or three layers of the image on a 'soft light' transfer mode

with a 'colour' layer of the top to get the hues correct.

i then used a displacement map on each layer so that it distorts the image slightly to the texture

of the grass. i then just blurred the whole thing a touch so that you get a rougher edge.

i added a little swing tilt effect (blurs the top and bottom) so that you get a sense of depth of field

and reality in the image.

grass1.png

grass2.png

ive just done it quickly, its still too saturated and unatural looking, im sure if you spent some time

you could surely do a much better job.

i mocked this up quickly. i used two or three layers of the image on a 'soft light' transfer mode

i then used a displacement map on each layer so that it distorts the image slightly to the texture

of the grass. i then just blurred the whole thing a touch so that you get a rougher edge.

i added a little swing tilt effect (blurs the top and bottom) so that you get a sense of depth of field

grass1.png

grass2.png

ive just done it quickly, its still too saturated and unatural looking, im sure if you spent some time

That's amazing for a quick mockup! thicon_biggrin.gif

Do you have a template where you've spent more time on this to make it more realistic?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

grass1.png

grass2.png

That's amazing for a quick mockup! thicon_biggrin.gif

Do you have a template where you've spent more time on this to make it more realistic?

well, ive actually done this in after effects, but the principles and filters are exactly the same for photoshop.

you just need to break up the edges of the logo a bit and cover the grass with colour without losing the highlights.

grass1.png

grass2.png

you know fraser, you could turn that into a nice little photoshop action.

grass1.png

grass2.png

you know fraser, you could turn that into a nice little photoshop action.

i never use ps any more really, i have lots more effects and options in after effects (its the animation equivalent of photoshop and im not trying to be snotty about ps, i just dont know it very well), but there is nothing in this that yuo cant make in photoshop. just do a search for 'displacement map' and im sure you could work it out.

if you are still having trouble (or gfb hasnt done a better one) then give me a shout and ill try and find time tomorrow to do a quick tutorial.

Ok everyone... I took Fraser's advice and put this Photoshop action together. It's nowhere close to what Fraser is capable of, but if you're still interested, you can download it...

Download it here! Click the little download icon on the left side...

In Photoshop, the only thing you need for this action is to have your texture as the background or first layer and the logo as the second or top layer. Everything else is taken care of...

I also included two "finishing" actions, in case you wanted a finish similar to Fraser's...

Field action:

T-Cats.png

After Effects 1

T-Cats-Preview.png

After Effects 2

T-Cats-Preview2.png

Archived