Logos painted on grass

MG helmets

youthfbc.gif

here is one i did using i little of this, a little of that, and some things of my own.

i found that a way to distress the grass to have a little of the green peaking through here and there...

first once i get the image the way i want to i copy all the layers and merge them to have a flat detailed image...

select the red channel and do a color range of about 175...

then just delete it from the color layer

footer_helmet.gif

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
youthfbc.gif

here is one i did using i little of this, a little of that, and some things of my own.

i found that a way to distress the grass to have a little of the green peaking through here and there...

first once i get the image the way i want to i copy all the layers and merge them to have a flat detailed image...

Did you run a displaced map? It looks like the edge of the logo is too clean.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

CreamSoda, what exactly is your problem with GFB? You insulted him in his Dallas Stars thread and now here. He did nothing wrong at all, and posted an awesome tutorial, yet you choose to criticize him. Why?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Well then, someone just went to patsox/Nick level.

Wow. That is rock bottom. Creamlover was frustrating me.

As far as the concepts, all are mind-boggling.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Gentlemen.

Please take the meta-discussion over appropriate posting elsewhere; /dev/null would be a good choice. I'd hate to have to close what is otherwise an interesting and informative thread over some bickering.

Extra note for CreamSoda: Please do not continue down the path of insulting people who are posting helpful information.

Thank you, everyone.

- Curmudgeonly Mod

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

^_^

I love you Mockba.

GFB, I need some help with the PS action. I open up the texture and it's a background layer. Then, I paste my logo in and rename it like it says. I play the action and it goes fine until a few steps in, this pops up:

6p0p6w.png

If I don't hit 'Stop' it continues and gives me an error for the next step and so on.

So what am I doing wrong?

CNBtE.png

CreamSoda, what exactly is your problem with GFB? You insulted him in his Dallas Stars thread and now here. He did nothing wrong at all, and posted an awesome tutorial, yet you choose to criticize him. Why?

I straight up do not like him at all.

Period.

Period.

Fine. Point made.

Refrain from entering topics just to insult him or you will face suspension.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

^_^

I love you Mockba.

GFB, I need some help with the PS action. I open up the texture and it's a background layer. Then, I paste my logo in and rename it like it says. I play the action and it goes fine until a few steps in, this pops up:

6p0p6w.png

If I don't hit 'Stop' it continues and gives me an error for the next step and so on.

So what am I doing wrong?

My guess is that your texture is in CMYK format... you're going to have to convert it to RGB format before you can run the texture...

Period.

Fine. Point made.

Refrain from entering topics just to insult him or you will face suspension.

Can do.

And I apologize for taking the thread off topic.

hmm. strange person to take offense to?

gfb did a great job of putting what i did into ps. works great.

with regards to questions about after effects, there really is no comparison with flash as an animation tool.

its mechano to duplo you know. its not got the bright colours or the initial ease i would guess, but you can do far

more with it.

almost all of my reel is after effects:

its not something you pick up quickly to be honest and you will need some help. lynda is a great place to start.

im really not convinced its worth using in order to do stuff like this. i just use it for familiarities sake.

if people wanted to make something simple i could perhaps do a small tutorial on how to make those spinning gif logos?

TAMPABAYBUCCANEERS.gif

CHICAGOBEARS.gif

MIAMIDOLPHINS.gif

sorry about the after effects thread highjack.

youthfbc.gif

Thanks for the tip. Well I had to give it a go myself and after playing around with it I came up with something a little different but based on the same principles. I left the file in layers and switched off everything but the grass layer then using the green channel did a color range of 200, I then inverted the selection and deleted this from all the logo layers I had. The result of which is a slightly off copy of all the individual blades of grass, which allows a small amount of green and all the shadows to show through. (shown here against a blue layer for illustration purposes only)

example.jpg

As a result of all the deletion the painted logo looked a little light so I added a third duplication of the logo set to softlight but set the opacity to 30% (it didn't look bad without this layer so it it's really up to personal preference as to how "fresh" you want the paint to look).

Then the same as before I added the greyscale grass layer over the top set to color burn at 25% opacity to help bed it all in. Full image comparison below, older one on the left the newer one on the right. I think between us all we're going to end up with something really tight. C&C's or further upgrades please.

new-grass-comp.jpg

9erssteve

ps. Davidson, I know that Flash and After Effects are very very different I just meant from a user interface perspective I found After Effects less daunting as a first time user, and yeah I'd love a tutorial for the rotating logos, thanks.

9ersstevesig.png

youthfbc.gif

Thanks for the tip. Well I had to give it a go myself and after playing around with it I came up with something a little different but based on the same principles. I left the file in layers and switched off everything but the grass layer then using the green channel did a color range of 200, I then inverted the selection and deleted this from all the logo layers I had. The result of which is a slightly off copy of all the individual blades of grass, which allows a small amount of green and all the shadows to show through. (shown here against a blue layer for illustration purposes only)

example.jpg

As a result of all the deletion the painted logo looked a little light so I added a third duplication of the logo set to softlight but set the opacity to 30% (it didn't look bad without this layer so it it's really up to personal preference as to how "fresh" you want the paint to look).

Then the same as before I added the greyscale grass layer over the top set to color burn at 25% opacity to help bed it all in. Full image comparison below, older one on the left the newer one on the right. I think between us all we're going to end up with something really tight. C&C's or further upgrades please.

new-grass-comp.jpg

9erssteve

ps. Davidson, I know that Flash and After Effects are very very different I just meant from a user interface perspective I found After Effects less daunting as a first time user, and yeah I'd love a tutorial for the rotating logos, thanks.

yeah that looks sweet, thats exactly what i meant.

yes, i found flash a bit more obscure when it came to keyframing. im using cinema 4d on the ad im making at the moment

and its much more like flash and subsequently bloody irritating.

I just wanted to make a quick shout out to Davidson and 9erssteve for helping me out with After Effects tips and advice. Thanks guys!

On that note, I love this thread. Excellent work on the templates everyone!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Archived