Team rituals after winning games

alwaysr92

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Falcons set off a firework for every point that they scored in a win. The Hawks basically have fire coming out of a flamethrower at the top of each hoop for a good hour after a Hawks win. The Braves, I think, have fireworks come out of the huge Coca-Cola bottle that they have at Turner Field, and I'm not sure what the Thrashers do since I've never been in presence for a win. :P

Mississippi State folds in the goalposts in the occasion of a rare home win. :P

The Hawks basically have fire coming out of a flamethrower at the top of each hoop for a good hour after a Hawks win.

It's not to celebrate a win, but rather to rid the lines of propane after they shut off the tanks. The same is done for Thrashers games, win or loss. It's a safety hazard to leave live gas lines open overnight.

Stick around long enough, and you can smell the propane gas (well, the odor added in so you can detect propane) once the fire ends.

The Hawks basically have fire coming out of a flamethrower at the top of each hoop for a good hour after a Hawks win.

It's not to celebrate a win, but rather to rid the lines of propane after they shut off the tanks. The same is done for Thrashers games, win or loss. It's a safety hazard to leave live gas lines open overnight.

Stick around long enough, and you can smell the propane gas (well, the odor added in so you can detect propane) once the fire ends.

Hm, never knew that. Thought it was just a tradition. That's just the inside info I expected you to know. :D

the SF Giants blow the old fog horn that used to be on the Golden Gate Bridge (ICS help me out here) after every win and I think Home Run. They also play Tony Bennett's I left my heart in San Francisco after every game.

Very cool.

I wish the Brewers would play The Milwaukee Polka, but a song about binge drinking probably wouldn't go over so well.

One of my favorite traditions at Brewer games (outside the Special Stadium Sauce and Tailgating of course) is singing "Roll Out The Barrels" in the 7th inning stretch. Its not the Milwaukee Polka...but still pretty cool.

After the Orlando Magic win, they rain down blue and silver confetti as if they actually won a big playoff game or something. I guess it makes every win either it be one against the Clippers or in the Conference Finals against the Cavs feel special(or something like that).

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Our old hockey team durring their last season played the song "Ducks Like Rain" by childrens recording artist Raffi, and theplayers would dance on the ice after a win.

Signature intentionally left blank

The Jays blast a foghorn they received from some ship in the Toronto harbour

It's not a goal horn? :P

Angels light up the halo (as stated) after wins.

Lakers play "I Love LA" after wins.

Do the Dodgers only play "I Love LA" after wins or after all games? They played it after a victory against the Nats last year when I was there.

EDIT: After my flight from PHX to LAX Mike Bacsik's sister asked me why I was wearing a Nats jersey or something like that lol :D

6fQjS3M.png

The Pirates raise a Jolly Roger flag behind the batter's eye while shooting off fireworks, as well as the Pepsi Bottle and signs lighting up in right field. In '05 there was a beacon atop the Gulf Building downtown that would flash for a certain amount of time after every homerun and win, but it was only for that season.

Actually, in reality, wouldn't a jolly roger usually be raised before a battle?

The Penguins just blast the goal horn a couple times and play "Song 2" (The one that's like "WOO HOO!"), and play a clip of Mike Lange saying his famous, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has Just. Left. The Building!".

The organist used to just play the Indiana Jones theme, but that gave way to the aforementioned ritual a few years ago.

Nothin too special for either.

I know the Blackhawks play Chelsea Dagger after every win, which is the best goal/victory song in the NHL, I think.

oBIgzrL.png

The Pirates raise a Jolly Roger flag behind the batter's eye while shooting off fireworks, as well as the Pepsi Bottle and signs lighting up in right field. In '05 there was a beacon atop the Gulf Building downtown that would flash for a certain amount of time after every homerun and win, but it was only for that season.

I think it would be raised before a battle... immediately followed by raising the white flag :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Two years ago, the Blue Jackets adopted the tradition of shooting off their civil war cannon after a victory. They used to play this incredibly cheesy song called "true Blue Jackets Fan", but that was nixed due to popular bemand.

For the Reds, all I know of is that they shoot off fireworks out of their "smokestacks". I haven't been there in 4 years and I haven't seen a victory there since they beat the expos on the last day of the season in 2003. For me their ritual is hearing Marty Brennaman say "and this one belongs to the reds"

The Bengals play "jungle boogy" or "welcome to the jungle", I've heard both.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Penguins just blast the goal horn a couple times and play "Song 2" (The one that's like "WOO HOO!"), and play a clip of Mike Lange saying his famous, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has Just. Left. The Building!".

The organist used to just play the Indiana Jones theme, but that gave way to the aforementioned ritual a few years ago.

I know the Blackhawks play Chelsea Dagger after every win, which is the best goal/victory song in the NHL, I think.

They do that after goals too.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

They do that after goals too.

-Dan

I know this. Hence why i say "goal/victory song".

Besides, being that this is a victory ritual thread....

oBIgzrL.png

Archived