2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Well then. To all those St. Louisans who said Keith Null could not possibly be worse than Boller.....

HA!

Remember, people. This kid was taught by Ryan Leaf... The poster child of being a Draft Bust. You know this kid is going to fail unless he leaves St. Louis ASAP.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well then. To all those St. Louisans who said Keith Null could not possibly be worse than Boller.....

HA!

You should be quite pleased. It appears there is no chance in hell the Lambs will even attempt to be competitive for the remainder of the season. Ndamukong Suh, c'mon down!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

HA!

Remember, people. This kid was taught by Ryan Leaf... The poster child of being a Draft Bust. You know this kid is going to fail unless he leaves St. Louis ASAP.

True story. He thinks Leaf was a good NFL quarterback. How many months of deprogramming do you think the Rams need to put him through?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

HA!

True story. He thinks Leaf was a good NFL quarterback. How many months of deprogramming do you think the Rams need to put him through?

Months? Try years... as in 3 or 4 years. That poor kid get manhandled by a decent defense in the Titans and here comes a rejuvinated Texans team that made Seattle look like the Grand Poobah of Chumpdom. If Null starts, the Texans will name their score next week.

That being said, my confidence in the Saints winning it all this year has eroded tremendously over the past two weeks. They beat the Skins via voodoo magic, & had their hands full with an extremely shorthanded Falcons squad. Not saying that this means the Saints are overrated, but an undefeated season is no longer a guarantee for these guys. I like the Colts MUCH better than the Saints at this point, & maybe even the Vikings when they aren't playing badly like they did last week against Arizona.

The Saints are overrated IMHO. They've run the table against a mostly creampuff schedule, but there's a good chance they'll be stuck with either the Cardinals or Packers as their first playoff opponent, and I can see both of those teams coming out of New Orleans with a win. (And wouldn't Fox just love to have as the NFC Championship matchup a third, final showdown between the Packers and Vikings?)

It's a long season and every team has ups and downs. It just so happens that The Saints are still managing to win their "downs." I think that's what's happening here. Flame said, "maybe even the Vikings when they aren't playing badly like they did last week against Arizona." If the Saints had a couple losses would you see it the same way or would it just be a stretch of a couple of bad games? The Saints are playing badly (for them) right now but they're still managing to win because the teams they're playing badly against can't get out of their own way. The Redskins just plain suck and the Falcons are decimated by injury. A healthy Falcons team wins that game today but it wouldn't have meant anything except they caught The Saints on a down week.

If they were 11-2 or 10-3 at this point I doubt we'd even be having this discussion. Being 13-0 obviously draws a lot more attention. I still don't see a team in The NFC that I'd take over The Saints at home in the playoffs at this point. I also think they will lose at least one game, maybe two.

BB52Big.jpg

Just curious, what is the tie breaker for the Wild Card spots in the playoffs? I know the Ravens are tied with the Jaguars, Jets, and Dolphins, yet the Jaguars have the last spot.

I thought head-to-head mattered. If so, Miami should own the final Wild Card at the moment.

6uXNWAo.png

Just curious, what is the tie breaker for the Wild Card spots in the playoffs? I know the Ravens are tied with the Jaguars, Jets, and Dolphins, yet the Jaguars have the last spot.

I thought head-to-head mattered. If so, Miami should own the final Wild Card at the moment.

If it's 3+ teams involved, and all the teams involved didn't play each other, I think the first tie-breaker is conference record.

Wow the Giants are bad tonight.

EDIT: I stand corrected this game is just crazy

I never thought I would be rooting this hard for the Eagles in my life. I am hearing too many Giants fans in my dorm and it is driving me crazy. Hopefully the Eagles pull it out to quiet all these Giants fans.

And I will echo your statement that this game is crazy.

saBS.png

HA!

"Null".... Verrrrrry appropriate.

And what, was Tony Banks busy plowing his driveway this afternoon?

6uXNWAo.png

Vikings vs. Panthers as SNF's Flex Game next week? Are you :censored:ing kidding me??

FARVEGASM!!!!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well today's game sucked. The Bengals laid an egg, an ostrich sized egg. They committed over ten penalties and couldn't get anything going because of said penalties. If there's any positive to take away it is that they can't play much worse against San Diego next week and they still have a shot at the two seed. Also, they had three losses coming in, but this was the first game of the season that they didn't have a shot to win with less than ten minutes left in the 4th quarter. To get to the 13th game before that happens is rare for the Bengals.

If the Bengals beat San Diego then they'll control their own destiny for the first round bye. That game is huge next week. Though I'm not very confident after watching today's performance.

I just keep telling myself that at this time last season the Bengals had the very palindromic record of 1-11-1. Compared to that nightmare, 9-4 is an unbelievably pleasant surprise. It's not time to panic in Bengaldom even though many fans would have you believe otherwise.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Vikings vs. Panthers as SNF's Flex Game next week? Are you :censored:ing kidding me??

FARVEGASM!!!!

Pretty much.

Bolts win, though it was a squeaker. I think the Cowboys are slowly but surely getting over their December woes.

The Bengals lose, that plays into San Diego's playoff plans.

The Giants lose on an Eli Manning fumble. Beautiful.

FARVEGASM!!!!

Pretty much.

Bolts win, though it was a squeaker. I think the Cowboys are slowly but surely getting over their December woes.

The Bengals lose, that plays into San Diego's playoff plans.

The Giants lose on an Eli Manning fumble. Beautiful.

The local Fox station reported that the Packers-Steelers game time was switched to block losing the game to NBC.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

NBC wants to slobber over Favre again, they have not done it enough already.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived