2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Due to a classic Nor'easter slamming the the US Northeast two games have changed their start times. Baltimore/Chicago & Phily/San Fran have moved their games to 4:15et from 1:00et.

I know no one cares, but this really throws a monkey wrench in the local plans here.

Originally, where I live was going get the Philly/San Francisco game. Now with that game and the Chicago/Baltimore game moving to 4:15, this leave two games: Atlanta at NY Jets and Arizona at Detroit. I wonder what they'll do out here?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to a classic Nor'easter slamming the the US Northeast two games have changed their start times. Baltimore/Chicago & Phily/San Fran have moved their games to 4:15et from 1:00et.

I know no one cares, but this really throws a monkey wrench in the local plans here.

Originally, where I live was going get the Philly/San Francisco game. Now with that game and the Chicago/Baltimore game moving to 4:15, this leave two games: Atlanta at NY Jets and Arizona at Detroit. I wonder what they'll do out here?

Are either of those games the "national" or number one game? If so you may get that one. Still, my guess is you get Arizona-Detroit. That's a game of "local" interest.

BB52Big.jpg

Well folks, it looks like the Colts are going to be the only unbeaten team left after tonight. Dallas is up 24-3 in the third quarter and seem to be moving the ball pretty much at will against the Saints' D.

CCSLC signature.png

Well folks, it looks like the Colts are going to be the only unbeaten team left after tonight. Dallas is up 24-3 in the third quarter and seem to be moving the ball pretty much at will against the Saints' D.

... only for the saints to comeback with 3 touchdowns? ... :upside:

I saw, I came, I left.

Saints lose.

Falcons are eliminated from playoff contention...but I could care less.

I am fully aware that this sounds irrational & filled with jealousy, but I do not care. Saints could win the Super Bowl, but my "give a damn" meter is at 0.

It's sad that it's come to this, but once again, I don't care. :P

Saints lose.

I am fully aware that this sounds irrational & filled with jealousy, but I do not care. Saints could win the Super Bowl, but my "give a damn" meter is at 0.

Do you want the Saints to win a Super Bowl before the Falcons?

Saints lose.

Do you want the Saints to win a Super Bowl before the Falcons?

Of course not, I'd rather the Saints go 0-16 before the Falcons win a Super Bowl. :P

I hope this takes that Cowboys' "December curse" crap off SportsCenter and other NFL shows....

They'll need to beat the Redskins next week for that to happen. If they lose to the Skins, it starts all over again for these guys.

I hope this takes that Cowboys' "December curse" crap off SportsCenter and other NFL shows....

Only until they lose to Washington next week. That's when the "Wade needs to go" talk will also start up again.

6uXNWAo.png

Now that the Colts have the no competition left to challenge for 16-0 I think they will pursue hard for 16-0 and Jim Caldwell won't follow in the steps of Tony Dungy and rest players.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Are either of those games the "national" or number one game? If so you may get that one. Still, my guess is you get Arizona-Detroit. That's a game of "local" interest.

Nope. Pretty much all who were going to get the Philadelphia-San Francisco game will get the Atlanta-NY Jets game instead. The 'National' game is still Green Bay-Pittsburgh.

So just the Jets and Bills stand between the Colts and perfection (in regular season at least). I reckon that if Caldwell does rest players it should be on a rota basis. I think in the situation, perfection does mean something, but they are against two relatively weak sides.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

So just the Jets and Bills stand between the Colts and perfection (in regular season at least). I reckon that if Caldwell does rest players it should be on a rota basis. I think in the situation, perfection does mean something, but they are against two relatively weak sides.

Well as a Jet fan knowing our only chance at the playoffs is to win out and get some help, I sure hope Peyton & Company park their rear ends on the pine to rest/avoid possible injuries next week. I just don't think they will though.

And now it's time to shovel and try to make it out to the Meadowlands for the game vs. the Falcons, in here for the first time in 11 years (well, they've been here a lot including this season, just not to play the Jets) when we handed them one of their two losses in their 14-2 campaign. Then again, Chris Chandler was hurt and didn't start that game, and instead I got to see a 92-year old Steve DeBerg. Fun times.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived