Sign in to follow this  
BlueSky

2009 NFL Season Thread

The Ravens are trying as hard as they can to lose this game. So far more than 80 yards in penalties. Then a dropped touchdown pass in the 3rd Quarter.

Tampa Bay has just returned a punt for a TD with 2:25 left.

EDIT: Hartley misses a 37 yard field goal for the win. The face on their owner was priceless and more bad news the Bucs win the toss for OT.

So much for the theory that the Dallas loss was the slap in the face that would wake the sleeping giant in New Orleans. WTF is going on down there??

Wow, it almost seems as if Baltimore is trying to lose this one.

Two TDs called back by penalties. A perfect TD pass dropped.

Getting sacked at crucial times.

Baltimore intercepts the ball for a good return after the 2 minute and now illegal contact penalty negating the INT.

One more first down and the Ravens will have blown this one all by themselves.

Saints lose in OT. Pathetic. Embarassing. Inexplicable. The Super Bowl? Riiiight. At the moment, their success this season just looks like another cruel joke. :cursing:

First off, the Ravens are the dumbest team in NFL history. If they would eliminate the penalties they would be one of the better teams in the AFC.

Secondly, and more importantly,

:shocked:

SAY HEY TAMPA BAY!!!

Where the hell has this team been all season? I'm happy, but bye bye Suh.

FIRE THEM CANONS!!!

Congrats to the Bengals on clinching the division.

The Packers are on their way to clinching their wild card spot.

The Giants have been all but eliminated, unless Dallas loses both remaining games.

The Bucs upset the Saints.

Pretty interesting results in the slate of early games.

Looking forward to this Broncos/Eagles game, although I'm pissed that the week CBS decides to not show the Jets for the Mark Sanchez effect in Southern California they happen to be playing my Colts with the opportunity to go 15-0. Gah.

If you would have told me 2 weeks ago that the Saints would lose 2 games in a row at home vs. the Cowboys AND the Bucs I wouldn't believe you! What happened? The two NFC "elite" aren't looking so good.

Cincinnati wins the AFC North. Now if the Jets win and the Broncos lose, count em 5 teams at 8-7 with one week to go. Denver, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, NY Jets and Houston.

Setting up a massive week 17 with.

Baltimore @ Oakland

Kansas City @ Denver

Cincinnati @ NY Jets

Pittsburgh @ Miami

New England @ Houston

And with a very slim chance now

Jacksonville @ Cleveland

WHO-DEY. Playoffs here we come! Now a win over the Jets, and a New England loss to Houston (not improbable) and the Bengals get the 3 seed.

Wow, it almost seems as if Baltimore is trying to lose this one.

Two TDs called back by penalties. A perfect TD pass dropped.

Getting sacked at crucial times.

Baltimore intercepts the ball for a good return after the 2 minute and now illegal contact penalty negating the INT.

One more first down and the Ravens will have blown this one all by themselves.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are seriously the luckiest team in professional sports. Derek Mason doesn't drop that pass in any other stadium against any other team in the league. It's ridiculous how many breaks they get.

I'll be the happiest man on the boards if Miami beats the Steelers next week. However, knowing how the PIttsburgh Steelers work, it will probably come down to a chip shot field goal for the Dolphins to win and they'll miss and the Steelers will go to the playoffs. That's just life for them and their fans.

Praying for a Steelers loss next week because even if they win they still need some help because they will have one of the worst conference record out of the teams in the hunt to go along with Houston.

So out of the teams in the hunt the Jets have the best shot but they have the toughest road to go. Colts now and then maybe they can close out their life at Giants Stadium better then there NFC Brother. It's best to say that it's the Broncos and Ravens spots to lose.

Good to see the Pack doing well without His Farveness.

Even better to see Eli and the Giants knocked down by the Panthers. Carolina's made my day two weeks in a row.

Congrats to Cincinnati on making the playoffs.

COME ON PEOPLE! BEAT THE STEELERS! The Steelers should not be on a two game winning streak.

And WTF is happening down in NOLA?!?!? The Cowboys? The BUCS? They need a win badly next week if they look to go far in the playoffs. You can't fall ass backwards into the post-season and expect good things to happen.

Texans cruelly keep hope alive for the few fans who haven't been bucked off the bull yet. One more win and they could still miss the playoffs and be just one win over .500. It's like a kick to the rib, you'll survive but it'll still hurt when you laugh about it.

No way that that was a pass interference call in the Colts/Jets game. I'm not one to give credence to conspiracy theories (read my thoughts on Super Bowl XL), but one has to wonder with Manning and the Colts.

Brandon Stokley just got ejected for touching an official. Denver in this game is in shambles.

Yep, the Packers' two biggest presents under the tree this year have been pathetic performances by both the Seahawks and Giants. Playoffs, here we come!

Bite Me!

Actually, as a Seahawk fan, I wouldn't mind seeing the season end now instead of next week where the Human Steamroller (a.k.a. Chris Johnson) comes in and the Titans makes Seattle looks bad... just like everyone else has. :(

The Colts just gave up the lead, because Curtis Painter came in at QB and fumbled the ball for the Jets TD.

Peyton Manning better damn well come off the bench NOW

I don't want a perfect season in the hands of Curtis Painter.

BUT NO

Peyton is still there

WHAT THE HELL CALDWELL!?!?

The Colts do not learn from past mistakes. They pulled Manning and other starters up by 5 and the new QB on his first series fumbled the ball into the endzone for a Jets TD to give them the lead.

BTW, Manning looks pissed on the sidelines. If the Colts don't win the Super Bowl this year I wouldn't be surprised if the front office of the Colts gets a change over. It would be a classic example of those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

This is so dumb.

Now a 3-and-out on the next series gives the Jets the ball at the Colts 45 after the punt.

If Peyton doesn't come back in this 4th quarter, I just don't know.

He is still on the sideline with his helmet on just staring out at the field. I think Peyton wants to go back in.

Manning is out, Wayne is out, Clark is out.

If you have a shot a perfect season, I have no idea why in the hell you wouldn't go for it.

This just boggles my mind.

Do the Colts not remember what happened in 2005 when they rusted rested their players for the final two weeks and flamed out after their bye week to the Steelers?? Unnnnnnbelievable.

With that said... GO JETS! :D